Good News! Judge Dismisses Safechuck's Case

InvincibleMJ

Proud Member
Since this is good news about the case that has been distressing for many fans since 2014, it should be here too.

<header>Safechuck case dismissed for good, Robson case is doomed

<aside class="article-aside clearfix" style="box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); font-size: 14px; margin-bottom: 40px; padding: 0px; margin-top: -10px;"></aside> </header>Finally some excellent news to report. According to the case summary, on June 26th MJ Estate filed their summary judgment motion to dismiss Wade Robson&#8217;s case. When we went to the court to get the Robson documents, we also asked about any filings at Safechuck case and we found out that Judge Beckloff ruled on June 28th on the Estate&#8217;s demurrer and dismissed Safechuck&#8217;s case for good. Time to celebrate.

I want to briefly comment on the Judge&#8217;s ruling as well as what this means for Robson case. Judge's full ruling can be found here: https://www.scribd.com/document/353219745/Safechuck-Ruling-Demurrer-Dismissal

Keep in mind that for the purposes of demurrer, the judge is required by law to accept all the claims by Safechuck as true and only determines if there is a legal basis for the lawsuit. Also I want to emphasize that judge summarizing Safechuck allegations in his ruling doesn&#8217;t mean he believes them. In fact, the Judge even notes the requirement on page 9 of the ruling: "Accepting plaintiff's allegations as true (as the court must on demurrer except to the extent such factual allegations are contradicted by prior pleadings or judicially noticeable facts)...". Estate is also limited as they cannot present any new evidence at the demurrer phase. They can only argue against Safechuck&#8217;s claims using the law and the precedent cases.

Now according to the law, sexual abuse cases against nonperpetrator entities &#8211; MJ Companies in this instance- can be brought prior to plaintiff&#8217;s 26th birthday. Safechuck was 36 years old when he filed this complaint. There is one exception to the 26th birthday rule. This exception requires that (a) entity knew or had reason to know of any unlawful sexual conduct of employee and (b) failed to take reasonable steps to prevent or avoid such unlawful conduct.

In the latest amended complaint by the new lawyers, Safechuck also made several negligence claims &#8211; negligent hiring, retention, supervision, failure to warn etc. According to the law for any negligence claim Safechuck needs to demonstrate the MJ Companies had a legal duty towards Safechuck. This requires to demonstrate (a) special relationship between the MJ Companies and Safechuck and (b) &#8220;ability to control the person that needs to be controlled&#8221;. A Supreme Court ruling said &#8220;the entity defendant must have some ability to control the sexual abuse perpetrator&#8221;. This means Safechuck needed to demonstrate that MJ Companies had control over Michael.

Beckloff expressed his concerns about Safechuck&#8217;s employment claims. Safechuck alleged he was employed back in 1988 and was compensated with travel, lodging, clothing etc. Beckloff was sceptical about that employment claims. Beckloff noted the internship Safechuck did in 1994/95 &#8211; after alleged abuse ended- was more traditional and formal employment. But despite his scepticism, for the demurrer purposes Beckloff accepted Safechuck&#8217;s claims that he was employed back in 1988 and considered it enough to demonstrate a special relationship between MJ Companies and Safechuck. This is once again because on demurrer he is required to accept anything plaintiff claims as true and therefore, as he notes on page 11, he treated those claims of employment by Safechuck liberally for demurrer purposes: &#8220;Considered liberally and read together, the court assumes for purposes of this demurrer that these allegations are sufficient to demonstrate a special relationship between the then minor plaintiff and the entity defendants.&#8221; It does not mean he personally believes Safechuck, or that he believes he was indeed employed by the MJ Companies since 1988, or makes any judgement about the truthfulness of his claims at all. He simply has a requirement to treat Plaintiff&#8217;s claims as true on a demurrer.

In his complaint Safechuck&#8217;s had claimed that Norma Staikos told an employee &#8220;not to leave children alone in a room with Michael Jackson&#8221;. As the judge was required to accept these claims as true in demurrer, he classified this as Safechuck being a foreseeable victim.

After that it went downhill for Safechuck. The control issue ended it for him. Judge stated that there must be an ability or right to control. As we explained before, Michael Jackson was the sole shareholder and only owner of MJJ Productions and MJJ Ventures. This meant Michael had absolute control over the MJ Companies and everyone employed by them. This alone meant Safechuck cannot succeed in satisfying the legal requirements so the judge dismissed his complaint with no chance to amend.

Sure, Safechuck can appeal this decision but the odds of being successful is slim. This ruling also signals that Robson won&#8217;t be able to succeed in the control aspect as well.

A few tidbits:

During the hearing for demurrer, Judge Beckloff asked Safechuck&#8217;s lawyers about the control issue. They argued that an employee of MJ Companies should have refused to make travel arrangements for Safechuck. In his ruling Judge says this doesn&#8217;t establish control requirement.

Legal side aside think about this for a second. Safechuck&#8217;s &#8220;genius&#8221; lawyer basically argues that Michael asks Norma to make travel arrangements for Safechuck and Norma could have said no and refuse to do the reservations. That would &#8220;control&#8221; Michael and stop any alleged abuse in their minds. Realistically though Norma would have gotten fired and someone else, even an outside travel agent could have done reservations.

Finally this gem:

During demurrer hearing Robson and Safechuck lawyer argued that Safechuck and Robson cases are basically the same thing and they cannot be separated. Judge commented that Estate lawyers also agree with that. Estate lawyer stated that they agree and they believe they will succeed in Safechuck demurrer and Robson summary judgment. &#8220;We&#8217;ll see about that&#8221; Robson / Safechuck lawyer said.

Yeah we saw about that. Estate DID succeed in their Safechuck demurrer. This also might be the one and only time that we at Daily Michael agree with Robson/Safechuck lawyers. It&#8217;s the same claims about the same entities, so you cannot separate these cases. That&#8217;s why according to us Safechuck&#8217;s loss in control issue means Robson will lose in the control issue as well. Suddenly Robson&#8217;s recent &#8220;healing&#8221; and going back to dancing in the entertainment business makes sense. He should know that he ain&#8217;t getting a dime from The Bank of Michael Jackson.

Next week we will have several posts about Estate&#8217;s summary judgment motion in Robson case as well as the Joy Robson deposition. As a teaser, I will say that in their summary judgment Estate heavily relied on Joy Robson deposition. Mommy dearest wasn&#8217;t much of a help, especially when she called her son Wade an Oscar worthy liar.

Source: Daily Michael
http://*****************/lawsuits/robson-v-estate/348-safechuck-case-dismissed-for-good-robson-case-is-doomed

This is bad news for Robson. :dancin:

Last edited:
Does this mean safe@ck will not become a multimillionaire and will have to continue to work 48 hours a week? wow he and his wife have been dreaming and planning for the big pay but now they are back to face the harsh reality not that I feel sorry for them lol. the estate rocks for standing their ground :punk:

This is major, major news!!! Is this not as big of news as 2005?!!!

Sweet Victory! But this is only half of the victory. We need Robson's case to be over just yet.

I actually read the article regarding the hunt for Jordan Chandler on Google late last night and assumed there had been a negative development regarding the claims. I'm so pleased to come here and see it's actually great news!

But so disappointed in the reporting from that article. Utterly misleading.

I actually read the article regarding the hunt for Jordan Chandler on Google late last night and assumed there had been a negative development regarding the claims. I'm so pleased to come here and see it's actually great news!

But so disappointed in the reporting from that article. Utterly misleading.

That's an intentional deflection by James and Wade's lawyers. They don't want the media to report the dismissal so they talk about Jordan.

But even Jordan can't help their case.

This is excellent news. I'm glad the Estate fought these bogus claims instead of giving them what they wanted. This is bad news for Wade, let's joyfully watch as the rest of his case continues to crumble.

Thank you for posting OP.

So glad. This nonsense should have never happen. These guys defended Jackson all these years and now that MJ is gone, these guys are trying to make money and that is clear to those who know the case and have common sense (again, I do not care about haters. If God came down and told them himself that MJ was innocent, they will call God a liar because that is what they want to believe and that shows how sick minded haters are). Again, Good news but not surprise if the Judge followed the truth.

Well, well, well. Today we get this news. Tomorrow announcement of possible new release. All of a sudden , tabloids reporting global hunt for chandler story and other shit. Makes you wonder who is really behind it all?? Happens every time there is a new release or anything positive.

Well, well, well. Today we get this news. Tomorrow announcement of possible new release. All of a sudden , tabloids reporting global hunt for chandler story and other shit. Makes you wonder who is really behind it all?? Happens every time there is a new release or anything positive.

That is actually a very good point. It does make you think. Nevertheless it's pretty much a sad thing to do if it is one person or a group of people who just hate MJ. Losers. Literally.

I think this is more about them not wanting the news about the dismissal to spread. Like I said in the other thread, the article doesn't mention the dismissal at all and the lawyer is acting like the Safechuck case is still going. They're doing damage control as they did before.

MJ said this even before he died. When he gets involved with project that good, liars come out try to make a buck.

Here's what makes me laugh bout this : MICHAEL IS GONE HES DEAD AND THESE FOOLS ARE ACTING AS IF THEY CAN BRING MJ BACK FROM THE DEAD AND PUT ON TRIAL LOL! They can't bring him back to life and put him in jail even if these accusations were true ( we all know they are not!) Which is probably the other reason why Jordie won't come forward cuz there is no point.

^^^
They do not wan't MJ to come back and be in trial.

They actually waited to MJ was dead - so he could no longer defend himself, and then they claimed this rubbish - only wanting money.
Actually they propably hoped The Estate would have made a deal with them so the case never went to court. Greedy people will do anything for money...

So happy this case is closed, now all we need is the Wade case dismissed and Jordan Chandler to give an interview where he states that MJ never touched him or did anything inappropriate. -. Jordan could easily tell the truth without the Estate would sue him or anything. Jordan was controlled by his father. If Jordan ever went puplic and told the truth I would be very happy. - Then maybe the Arvizo children would do the same - tell how their greedy mother told them what to say and how to act...

I think this is more about them not wanting the news about the dismissal to spread. Like I said in the other thread, the article doesn't mention the dismissal at all and the lawyer is acting like the Safechuck case is still going. They're doing damage control as they did before.

Yeap thats all this is. Damage control so they go running to their filthy tabloid friends to distract

Clutching straws boys? :ciao:
I wanna join your :assassin:hunt for the cu?nt too!

This is some awesome news! I'd be lying if I said "I didn't see it coming".. Because I had 100% faith all this BS would crumble.. nonetheless, it is very nice, and calms my heart to hear.. well read! lol

It certainly is good news! I'll wait until Robson's is dismissed and then I'll break out the bubbly.

^^^
They do not wan't MJ to come back and be in trial.

They actually waited to MJ was dead - so he could no longer defend himself, and then they claimed this rubbish - only wanting money.
Actually they propably hoped The Estate would have made a deal with them so the case never went to court. Greedy people will do anything for money...

So happy this case is closed, now all we need is the Wade case dismissed and Jordan Chandler to give an interview where he states that MJ never touched him or did anything inappropriate. -. Jordan could easily tell the truth without the Estate would sue him or anything. Jordan was controlled by his father. If Jordan ever went puplic and told the truth I would be very happy. - Then maybe the Arvizo children would do the same - tell how their greedy mother told them what to say and how to act...
He has nothing to lose. He can not be sued, the money the money which was long ago, Mj is gone, his father is gone, and he was a kid listening to his father; However, I hold him now because he is a grown man who can set this straight finally in what good thinking people already know. Mike was innocent.

That is actually a very good point. It does make you think. Nevertheless it's pretty much a sad thing to do if it is one person or a group of people who just hate MJ. Losers. Literally.
it is probably two to three people who have nothing else to do.

Back