Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 724 Posts

Default Re: Poll thiller25 or bad25

They should have done something with the Price Of Fame Pepsi promo that leaked soon after. Also the alternative cut for Dirty Diana and the extra footage for The Way You Make Me Feel. Should have stuck them on a disc with all the short films and made montage videos for Just Good Friends and I Just Can't Stop Loving You using studio footage that was in the Spike Lee doc. I'm not complaining though. Bad25 was a massive step up and brilliant release.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 211
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,479 Times in 1,273 Posts

Thriller 25 got 3 votes now

I am extremely devoted to Michael Jackson

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Michaels Lover For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 229
    Overall activity: 58.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,755 Times in 1,580 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aazzaabb View Post
    They should have done something with the Price Of Fame Pepsi promo that leaked soon after. Also the alternative cut for Dirty Diana and the extra footage for The Way You Make Me Feel. Should have stuck them on a disc with all the short films and made montage videos for Just Good Friends and I Just Can't Stop Loving You using studio footage that was in the Spike Lee doc. I'm not complaining though. Bad25 was a massive step up and brilliant release.
    I very vaguely remember that PoF Pepsi commercial. Was it actually legit or fan-made? I think I remember wondering that at the time.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Level
    Thanks

Hi everyone, I am new here.

I voted for Bad25! Streetwalker and Price of Fame are my faves. I listened to Thriller25 when it first came out, yet it did not appeal to me the way Bad25 did. Bad25, I can listen to it on the loop.

I found an article before where his bodyguards (if they were to be believed) said that Michael was against the Thriller25 release, yet Sony convinced him that it'd be a great idea and MJ needs it.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...ut-xscape.html

6. The Following User Says Thank You to armyoflove For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AO98 View Post
    Bad 25. No question.

Thriller 25 had those five horrible remixes (especially "Billie Jean 2008"), an unreleased demo which is a good song but it wasn't even recorded during the Thriller era. The bonus DVD was probably the best part, but not even that offered a lot. Just the three videos and the Motown 25 performance of "Billie Jean". No Making of Thriller, no documentary about Thriller 25. It honestly didn't even feel like a real Thriller 25th anniversary release. It felt more like an attempt to make quick money, but knowing Michael's financial situation at the time, I don't really blame him. Plus, Sony was involved. Though I think he would have been better off releasing "For All Time" as its own single, something to slowly set up his comeback.

With Bad 25 however, you're getting SIX unreleased demos and the Wembley 7/6/88 concert on DVD (with two bonus performances: "The Way You Make Me Feel" from 7/15/88 at Wembley and "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" & "Bad" from Yokohama 1987). I do wish though they included Spike Lee's Bad 25 documentary and the DVD of Bad-era music videos that was included on the Target version of Bad 25, but it's really not a big deal. Honestly, the two remixes of "Bad" are my only problem with this release. My god, those were absolutely horrible. However, I didn't mind the "Speed Demon" remix. I actually thought it was pretty good.
    Well said. Especially agree with the bolded. That documentary was amazing imo.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to katara For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 6
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    100 Experience Points7 days registered
    Level
    Thanks

Bad 25. I wore out the Wembley concert DVD. Adding to that, some of the new songs were really enjoyable.

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 97.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 1,133 Posts

Even Quincy didn't like the Pitull remix

The legendary music producer is suing executives at Sony Entertainment and MJJ Productions, who own the rights to Jackson's music since his death in 2009.
    Jones claims he is owed at least £23 million due to a breach of contract after he believed songs were re-edited to cut him out of royalties and a producer fee. Hits such as Billie Jean, Thriller and Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough, have all been cited in the trial.

On Friday (14July17) at Los Angeles Superior Court, Michael Fremer, editor of AnalogPlanet.com, was called to the stand in Jones’ defence.
    The music expert suggested that the producer's reputation had been diminished due to the inferior quality of remixes that had been released since Jackson’s death, which included Afrojack's 2012 version of Bad featuring Pitbull.

"I like club mixes (but Afrojack's 2012 remix of Jackson's Bad, featuring Pit-bull is inconsistent with his spirit and who he was,” Fremer told the court.
    "Before the trial I did some research and the comments online were really negative about that song. People were outraged. It was just a mess and it should have never come out," he told Billboard after his court appearance.

The Los Angeles Superior Court judge who presided over the trial hearing, Michael L. Stern, did not consider this strong enough evidence in the case and asked jurors to disregard Fremer's statement.

It is expected that a verdict will be reached by the end of next week.

http://www.star-magazine.co.uk/celeb...bad-criticised
    I CAN'T TAKE IT 'COS I'M TONY

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tony R For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 221
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HIStoric View Post
    I very vaguely remember that PoF Pepsi commercial. Was it actually legit or fan-made? I think I remember wondering that at the time.
    I believe it's legit. Even the lyrics incorporate "the Pepsi generation" and the visuals work well with the song; being chased by fans; the price of fame.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Why is the poll closed already? It is only July 19th here. Should be open at least a few months. 8 days is just impatienza.

My choice is Bad25, great unreleased tracks, although Spanish and Frensh Can't stop loving you are un necessary same with pitbull remixes. All shit hoppers, rappers, remixers and so called Producers with wrap around shades and who say "Yo yo yo" and use autotune should be banned from any album over 10 years old or not their own style (Shit hop and crap rap).

Thriller 25 was a travesty down to Damye, Black Eyed Peas members (Who even remembers or cares about these IQ 1 meatheads) and Akon. That album was massacred, not one thing on that remix disk was decent, except Fly Away (Almost certainly Dangerous era) and For all Time.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mjprince1976 For This Useful Post: