Poll thiller25 or bad25

Would you like thriller25 or bad25 better

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bad 25 easily. We got 6 new songs plus the Wembley 88 concert. For Thriller 25, we only got one new song which was a Dangerous era song, no concert and god awful remixes. Thriller 25 was a big disappointment and the fact that Michael was alive at that time makes it even more disappointing. I'm not the biggest fan of the estate but Bad 25 was an amazing project and I applaud them for it. Here's hoping that Thriller 35 is just as good as Bad 25.

Thriller25 has the novelty of being supervised by Michael... and that's about it. It's actually a rather embarrassing set.

Bad25 is far from perfect, but it offers much more.

Bad 25. No question.

Thriller 25 had those five horrible remixes (especially "Billie Jean 2008"), an unreleased demo which is a good song but it wasn't even recorded during the Thriller era. The bonus DVD was probably the best part, but not even that offered a lot. Just the three videos and the Motown 25 performance of "Billie Jean". No Making of Thriller, no documentary about Thriller 25. It honestly didn't even feel like a real Thriller 25th anniversary release. It felt more like an attempt to make quick money, but knowing Michael's financial situation at the time, I don't really blame him. Plus, Sony was involved. Though I think he would have been better off releasing "For All Time" as its own single, something to slowly set up his comeback.

With Bad 25 however, you're getting SIX unreleased demos and the Wembley 7/6/88 concert on DVD (with two bonus performances: "The Way You Make Me Feel" from 7/15/88 at Wembley and "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" & "Bad" from Yokohama 1987). I do wish though they included Spike Lee's Bad 25 documentary and the DVD of Bad-era music videos that was included on the Target version of Bad 25, but it's really not a big deal. Honestly, the two remixes of "Bad" are my only problem with this release. My god, those were absolutely horrible. However, I didn't mind the "Speed Demon" remix. I actually thought it was pretty good.

Last edited:
Very easy......

Price of Fame, I'm So Blue, Abortion Papers, Free, Al Capone and Don't be Messin' 'Round - AND BAD Live cd and DVD from Wembley...!!

Then we got both the spanish anf france version of I just can't stop loving you...

BAD25 had so much new and great stuff. - Especially the first live album - and BAD DVD.

Bad 25. No contest. The demo songs are all beyond amazing, there isn't an "average" one in the bunch. The DVD was also a plus. Not a fan at all of the remixes. However, there are only three and two are of the same song, so the remixes don't overshadow the new songs by any means. In addition to the album release, we got the Bad 25 documentary around that time as well. The whole Bad 25 project is definitely one of the Estate's best projects so far. I think they really listened to the fans with this one.

Thriller 25...oh boy. The remixes were awful and I often wonder why Michael agreed to them. The only highlight of the release was For All Time (in my opinion) and on the deluxe edition, Carousel isn't even the full song (why???). Someone in the Dark from the ET album was already previously released a few times. The BJ home demo was a nice little "gift" but it doesn't compare to getting 6 unreleased, never heard songs like we got with Bad 25.

BAD 25 is the best project the Estate has released so far

The two things that would have made it better would be a higher quality DVD and of course Michael being here.

Thriller 25 was Michael testing the water for his big comeback so it wasn't terrible, it served a purpose but it wasn't the best project.
I'm grateful for, For All Time so I can't complain

BAD25 because of the concert which was the only thing I was interested in from this project

Bad25 all day long! For all the reasons mentioned above plus the 2 booklets are superb, the pictures are amazing and the quality of the paper is top notch. They are my all time favourite MJ CD booklets.

I prefer an unreleased concert over an album reissue with few bonus tracks and shitty remixes. so I give my vote to Bad 25 just because of Wembley :)

Thriller 25 has 0 votes... - actually I'm glad to see that. :)

So a great release not supervised by MJ - released after hi died CAN be better than a project MJ supervised, approved and released himself.

That leaves hope for future releases.

Bad25 without hesitation.

Bad25 :
- Wembley 1988 concert
- good documentary
- new songs
- some awful remixes

Thriller25 :
- Awful remixes
- some new songs (albeit "For All time" seems to be from Dangerous era more)

Ladies and Gentlemen.... - Thriller 25 has recived it's first vote...

Could the person who likes T25 make a post and tell why? Would be interesting.

Ladies and Gentlemen.... - Thriller 25 has recived it's first vote...

Could the person who likes T25 make a post and tell why? Would be interesting.
It's got to be AlexRox. :lol:

Bad25 was much better.

I am not interested in other people performing Thriller songs with a new production that was dated withing 2 years.
You're being very generous there. :lol:

Wasn't a fan of the remixes on either.
If the time ever comes when I get the urge to listen to Pitbull, I'll get myself sectioned immediately.

Bad 25 wins because the material on disc 2 is great. Don't be messin' around, Abortion Papers (despite the odd lyrics) Streetwalker. All good stuff.

Last edited:
Thriller 25 has 0 votes... - actually I'm glad to see that. :)

So a great release not supervised by MJ - released after hi died CAN be better than a project MJ supervised, approved and released himself.

That leaves hope for future releases.
And to think that someone (I don't remember who), in the Halloween special thread said that this is something Michael would have liked or even something that he would do. So just because of that, fans should automatically like it? :smilerolleyes:

The Making Of Thriller DVD should have been included with Thriller 25. Gigantic missed opportunity

The Making Of Thriller DVD should have been included with Thriller 25. Gigantic missed opportunity

they could've also added a performance of WBSS and HN from the Victory tour on the DVD. they could have done SO MANY THINGS. but i guess Michael didn't want it that way......that's why I hope that this time they don't miss any opportunity

Bad25 by a landslide! Even though it's been the best release the Estate has issued, some fans still have room for complains like having the Wembley concert in a VHS quality makes it "unwatchable." I agree a HQ concert is important and it's a plus to make the watching experience more enjoyable but it doesn't take away Michael gave a hell of show nad probably the VHS was the source they had available at that moment. Many of us are passionate, intense, that's what it makes us hardcore and many times I feel happy there are many who understand and share the love and passion I have for Michael but at the same time it's a let down to be here because some individuals are insuferable complaining about everything.

Bad25 by a landslide! Even though it's been the best release the Estate has issued, some fans still have room for complains like having the Wembley concert in a VHS quality makes it "unwatchable." I agree a HQ concert is important and it's a plus to make the watching experience more enjoyable but it doesn't take away Michael gave a hell of show nad probably the VHS was the source they had available at that moment. Many of us are passionate, intense, that's what it makes us hardcore and many times I feel happy there are many who understand and share the love and passion I have for Michael but at the same time it's a let down to be here because some individuals are insuferable complaining about everything.

It makes me laugh when some fans call the Wembley DVD unwatchable. The quality could have been better, but unwatchable? I don't think so. I think now a days a lot of people have been spoiled with having everything in super, duper clear HD quality.

Bad 25 now has 36 votes. Thriller 25 STILL has only 1 vote.

UPDATE: Holy hell! Not only does Bad 25 have one more vote (37 votes in total) but Thriller 25 now has TWO votes! This should be interesting.

Last edited:
Definitely Bad 25 since I love the new songs from it. Especially Al Capone and Abortion Papers. That concert I still really have yet to see. My depression and my anxiety attacks is what preventing me from seeing it.:( And that was the Bad Concert I had wanted to see the most. Back when we still had him.:(

I'd like to give a huge congratulations to Thriller 25 for receiving it's second vote

"Bad 25" Hands down.

They have the documentary by Spike Lee, remixes which is alright though I liked "Speed Demon Nero Remix", unreleased tracks like "Free", "Al Capone" and "Price Of Fame" which were great. And best of all the Wembley 1988 (July 16th) DVD which one of the very Bad Tour concerts I wanted released and got it.

They should have done something with the Price Of Fame Pepsi promo that leaked soon after. Also the alternative cut for Dirty Diana and the extra footage for The Way You Make Me Feel. Should have stuck them on a disc with all the short films and made montage videos for Just Good Friends and I Just Can't Stop Loving You using studio footage that was in the Spike Lee doc. I'm not complaining though. Bad25 was a massive step up and brilliant release.

Back