Song Of The Week - Ease On Down The Road

I am more ashamed to admit I have never seen the movie...

I bought it on DVD many years ago, but I have never seen it... - I think I will do that soon.

The song is great. - He performed it live once with Diana Ross didn't he?

I am more ashamed to admit I have never seen the movie...

I bought it on DVD many years ago, but I have never seen it... - I think I will do that soon.

The song is great. - He performed it live once with Diana Ross didn't he?

He did

Great song, although my favourite line comes in Ease On Down The Road pt 3 "Then you wake one morning just to find your courage gone". In the film version, the way Michael sings this is sheer unadulterated soul. Out of this world vocals on this tune.

He completely sings Diana out of the pucture!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Such funny and joyful singing and dancing... It´s wonderful to watch Michael:jump1:. And the movie scene is absolutely great.

I love this part from the movie. Not just his vocals, but his dancing. Especially when he makes his legs go wobbly as their dancing up the road.

This song takes the place of "We're Off to See the Wizard" in scenes where Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man and Lion are pumping themselves up for their journey down the Yellow Brick Road. The song is about overcoming any obstacles they may face along the way and maintaining a positive attitude as they "ease on down the road."

In 1978, a movie version of The Wiz was released starring Diana Ross as Dorothy and Michael Jackson as the Scarecrow. Their duet rendition of this song was issued as a single that year and made #41 US. Another song from the film also charted: Jackson's version of "You Can't Win (Part 1)" made #81.

Quincy Jones was a producer on the soundtrack - it was the first time he worked with Michael Jackson. Jones would produce Jackson's next album, Off The Wall.

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=38828

1978-a.jpg

I love his voice on the Wiz songs but I think I love "You Can't Win" even more.
That's how I feel too, though I think both are really cool, exuberant tracks. The ad-libs on You Can't Win are crazy though.

I always felt Michael and Diana's voices complemented each other very nicely, though especially on ballads: the section in We Are The World where Diana follows Michael and where they briefly harmonize is amazing. I wish they recorded a ballad together.

I love this song! I've only seen The Wiz once but it's well worth a watch if anyone hasn't yet seen it. Michael blew me away in it, you can tell he put his heart and soul into it for sure.

I saw it for the first time last year and immediately noticed how much more effort Michael put into it compared to everyone else. He really put everything into making his Scarecrow portrayal as good as possible.

Even though it bombed so bad it ended the blacksploitation era of film in the 70's I'm glad that it was at least pretty much universally agreed Michael'a performance was the best thing in the film. Michael was an really good actor but those talents were unfortunately were very rarely explored.

I love this duet too. Well, MJ sings background vocal but it is basically a duet. LOL.

Am I hearing it right? Do MJ and Diana both sing the 'I don't wanna get eaten alive' part together? I can't really tell who's singing what they sound soo similar *fascinated*

I think it's the part 'to be eaten alive, eaten alive, I don't ever wanna be... eaten alive' where both sing and they sound like one person, i could be wrong though. (2:11-2:20)

Back