Victory Tour: Different Outfits/

Rocketeer

Proud Member
I've come across some photos of Michael wearing some different outfits for concerts of the Victory Tour. Some of these may be rehearsals, but I hope anyone can confirm. Thank you to the providers of the photos. Now let us start:
2cdbzg3.jpg

20tm90h.jpg

2guy4bp.jpg

x10sn8.jpg

2u91ijd.jpg

These are photos of Michael wearing a baby blue beaded shirt and white pants with rhinestones (and a picture of them) in the first concert in Los Angeles, California on November 30, 1984. This would be interesting to see on video since he has never really wore blue in performances before (besides the blue pants in Working Day And Night on the Dangerous Tour) and that strap he's wearing looks similar to the one he wore on the Destiny Tour!

Now a different concert:

othug6.jpg

314asyx.jpg

sdz9qo.jpg

24d388g.jpg

jf8e50.jpg

These are photos of Michael wearing a red jacket (there is a picture of it, but it's similar to the HIStory jacket but shorter and red and also to the 1984 American Music Awards one), a shirt with some logos, and again the white pants with rhinestones in concert. I have been told that he wore this outfit in the final concert in Kansas City on July 8, 1984 but since he's wearing the same white pants with rhinestones, it might be another date in Los Angeles. This would also be interesting to see on video since we've never really seen him perform in casual clothes, and that red jacket looks thrilling! If anyone may confirm the date and location of this, it would be appreciated.

Now a different concert:

atte1k.jpg

2yuhkj8.jpg

351ek2d.jpg

These are photos of Michael wearing gold/silver pants (and a picture of it) in a concert. Again, the date and location is unknown, but I'm again thinking it's in Los Angeles. This would definitely be interesting to see on video since it's a time he wears gold pants before the HIStory Tour, and he may have even performed Billie Jean in this! If anyone may confirm the date and location, it would be appreciated.

Now a different concert:

11lo9w8.jpg

2jaeq3a.jpg

2usbitt.jpg

11aissy.jpg

2qteah4.jpg

2m7hfko.jpg

These are some photos of Michael wearing a red lamé jacket (and a picture of it) in a concert. Again, the date and location is unknown, but I'm still thinking it's in Los Angeles. This would be interesting to see on video since it would be the first time he has worn a red jacket before the Bad Tour. If anyone may confirm the date and location, it would be appreciated

Now a different concert:

jjtso9.jpg

e69jjs.jpg

fz6lq0.jpg

rmsqwl.jpg

mlc47.jpg

2zxrpk0.jpg

2rr9d6p.jpg

9l8qhe.jpg

2d13i3d.jpg

302thme.jpg

2wd4w2x.jpg

These are some photos of Michael wearing a white rhinestone jacket (and a picture of it) in a concert in Los Angeles 1984. The date is unknown, but I know that's in Los Angeles. If anyone can confirm, it would be appreciated. Anyway, this would be interesting to see on video since it would be before the bad tour where he also wore a white jacket in Dirty Diana (The Way You Make Me Feel, and Man In The Mirror in the last concert in Los Angeles).

Now a different concert:

upr9d.jpg

2wr2jau.jpg

oruln9.jpg

vg3d09.jpg

rkqyc3.jpg

These are photos of Michael wearing a blue and gold jacket with a blue shoulder belt with gems (and there is a picture of it) in the first concert of the Victory Tour in Kansas City on July 8, 1984. This would be interesting to see since this is the first concert of the Victory Tour! But one thing I can say: the released Kansas City concert may not be July 6.

Now we go with a different concert:

k3hvt.jpg

8zirvd.jpg

These are photos of Michael wearing sparkly and beaded blue pants and maybe a different shirt (but no picture of them) in a concert. The date and location is unknown, but I may still think it's Los Angeles. This would be interesting to see since like I said, Michael rarely wears blue on a tour and especially when he wears blue PANTS (like in Working Day And Night on the Dangerous Tour). If anyone may confirm the date and location, it would be appreciated. But Billie Jean in blue pants? :eek:

That about wraps it up folks. I wish someday we could see footage of Michael in these outfits, especially Billie Jean in gold and blue pants! :p But if there is anymore different outfits I missed, notify me in your replies because I think that's it. :)

Last edited:
Nice photos. Would be great if these concerts exists in good quality. - Hope for a release.

May a moderator please correct the thread title since I accidentally put "/" after "outfits?" :lol:

He is not wearing black pants over stripped pants... The stripped pants belongs to another member of the group...

He is not wearing black pants over stripped pants... The stripped pants belongs to another member of the group...

Indeed. That's Randy in the background wearing the striped pants

^ But if he were wearing that.. He'd be the man to pull it off! ;)

Oops, my bad. I'll correct that. It still would be cool if he did wear it over the striped pants though.

Re: Victory Tour: Different Outfits

Great thread- ive not seen a few of these outfits. That red jacket is quite DS-Come Togetheresque circa 96!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I was glad that he ditched the striped pants for black and Randy started wearing them.
Had no idea he wore so many different jackets in Victory. I've always seen the short military one.

Tour was the first tour I saw Mike in person (it was this month to think of it in Jacksonville Florida). That man looked sOOOOOOOOOO good. Those picture of Michael look good but he looked even more handsome and good looking. He did not need to do anything else to himself after that look. I remember MJ was considered one of the best looking men in music during those times still (Raelly a little before in 1978-1984).

He's wearing the black shoulder belt on the regular Victory Tour WBSS outfit (part of the black jacket!) in the first one, but in the second one, it looks like he's wearing the jacket Marlon wore in some concerts (Toronto is one)! I might add these to the main thread..

Great photos! Thanks for posting. Do you have more photos with Jonathan Moffett in them?

His jackets during Victory (and throughout all of his life) were just incredible!
Does anyone know where they are now or who made them?

His jackets during Victory (and throughout all of his life) were just incredible!
Does anyone know where they are now or who made them?
Bill Whitten was responsible for the Jackson costumes, the glove, the Grammy and AMA jackets-most of his stuff to about Captain EO. Ted Shell made his WATW jacket as well as all the costumes for Captain EO. Michael Bush was a dresser on EO and after that, he and his partner, Dennis Tompkins designed most everything.

Back