Michael Jackson’s Halloween - New animated special coming this fall

Galactus123

Proud Member
Donations
$18.00
So this was the announcement:

Have you heard the news? There’s a new animated special in production and coming to television this fall – Michael Jackson’s Halloween. It will be broadcast on CBS in the US and there are deals with local broadcasters in other countries around the world. More details about the program will be announced in the coming weeks.

https://www.facebook.com/michaeljac...19691681472/10155572149616473/?type=3&theater

19983961_10155572149616473_9140858297638425661_o.jpg

What you guys think?

I'll give it time, purist fans always dispute new releases, when usually the rest of the world enjoys it.

I think I'm going to watch it but i was hoping for an anouncement regarding Thriller 3D :(

( I like the this place hotel sign but i'm a bit sceptical of this project)

Just saw it on fb. I am going to watch this too.

Last edited:
I also think we will get an album next year, which would be 4 years after Xscape and 8 years after Michael. I hope they bring back some A-list producers.

I'll give it time, purist fans always dispute new releases, when usually the rest of the world enjoys it.

But who needs new Michael Jackson cartoons? This is probably aimed for kids but I don't really see the point. It will be funny cartoon full of references and songs.

The Thriller house looks like it got upgrades! It grew into a castle... Pixar watch out, these graphics are killer!! Thriller! toniiiiiiiiiight... !?!? no? well ok!

I said this already in other threat.
Maybe yesterday Quincy blocked Thriller 3D and in 1 day they think "Ok we will get them animated Halloween movie".
Estate Worst idea ever...
Whats next ? MJ toys in Happy Meal ?

Maybe yesterday Quincy blocked Thriller 3D and in 1 day they think "Ok we will get them animated Halloween movie".

They struck up a deal with CBS and got all the artwork finalized in a matter of two days?
I disagree. This was the announcement all along. CBS is the "partner" who wanted it to be announced today instead of yesterday.

Don't laugh... if that movie works and if they advise to do a tv-series or a cinema movie, it's not impossible to have that kind of products, as many others animation movies...

Yeah this looks like something that has been in production for some time now and it doesn't look cheap.

Last edited:
So Scooby Doo turns into a white poodle thingy in this?

You have got to be effing kidding me?!? Really? There needs to be a complete overhaul in leadership at the estate. Just another boneheaded move in a long line of dumb decisions.

1. This Is It soundtrack made from the album edits, rather than MJ's concert playbacks (which would have made more sense)
2. Michael album debacle
3. Bad25 remixes instead of more demos or unreleased material
4. Bad25 & Off The Wall documentaries no one cared about or wanted
5. Xscape promotions (including hologram performance)
6. OTW re-release that featured NOTHING NEW...ooh excuse me....we got a piece of chalk.
7. Relegated Dangerous 25th anniversary to just a celebration online...no special anniversary release that EVERYONE wanted.

Why am I not surprised. This is the same people who went on record saying how great an idea having the HIStory tour on DVD, and that "the vocals on the Michael album are 100% his".

What more BS can they do to tarnish MJ's legacy?

Xscape was pretty good and so was Bad 25, it pleased nearly everyone and those who weren't really fans.

You have got to be effing kidding me?!? Really? There needs to be a complete overhaul in leadership at the estate. Just another boneheaded move in a long line of dumb decisions.

1. This Is It soundtrack made from the album edits, rather than MJ's concert playbacks (which would have made more sense)
2. Michael album debacle
3. Bad25 remixes instead of more demos or unreleased material
4. Bad25 & Off The Wall documentaries no one cared about or wanted
5. Xscape promotions (including hologram performance)
6. OTW re-release that featured NOTHING NEW...ooh excuse me....we got a piece of chalk.
7. Relegated Dangerous 25th anniversary to just a celebration online...no special anniversary release that EVERYONE wanted.

Why am I not surprised. This is the same people who went on record saying how great an idea having the HIStory tour on DVD, and that "the vocals on the Michael album are 100% his".

What more BS can they do to tarnish MJ's legacy?
Chill out, homeboy!

I liked some of those releases..
-Bad 25 had plenty of unreleased material (not just remixes)

-I cared about both the Bad and OTW docs and enjoyed both of them, thoroughly

-Xscape was one of the better projects, and they promoted it adequately (can't do it all without MJ here)

You need to kick back and drink your sippy cup cuz ur whining too much

I think this is going to lead to much better and exciting things! Hopefully WITHOUT Sony and someone who will do great promotion and "short promotional films" as well as feature films, archive releases, re-releases, expanded editions, and theatrical releases! :)

CBS is looking to the music of Michael Jackson for its next project.

The network has teamed with the estate of the late pop star for a new animated special for which his extensive discography will serve as the soundtrack, it was announced Tuesday.

Titled Michael Jackson's Halloween, the hour-long telecast will follow millennials Vincent (MacGyver star Lucas Till) and Victoria (Kiersey Clemons), who meet “accidentally” on Halloween night and find themselves, along with Ichabod the dog, at a mysterious hotel located at 777 Jackson Street called This Place Hotel. Once inside, Vincent and Victoria go an unexpected, magical adventure of personal discovery, culminating in a spectacular dance finale featuring an animated Jackson.

CBS has tapped a variety of network stars past and present for voice roles, including Christine Baranski, Alan Cumming, Jim Parsons, Lucy Liu, George Eads and Brad Garrett.

Optimum Productions created the special and will produce, with animation production by Hammerhead. John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson, will exec produce. Daniel Chuba will serve as producer, and Mark A.Z. Dippé is attached to direct.

The special will air sometime this fall.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...MICHAEL-JACKSONS-HALLOWEEN-This-Fall-20170711

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/michael-jackson-cbs-animated-halloween-special-1019970

This has to be the ultimate of all insults . To be honest when i actually heard this i burst out laughing. The famous line from She's Out of My Life ( I dont know whether to laugh or cry) . Well i roared laughing. Seriously i would honestly rather have a re issued bit of chalk minus Off the Wall compared to this LOL. This is seriously actually hilarious and must be some sort of prank.

Back