Rare, Unreleased Michael Jackson Album Goes Up for Auction

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
Nine unheard songs will go to the highest bidder in Gotta Have Rock and Roll auction, though winner unable to release music

An album containing nine unheard Michael Jackson songs will be auctioned off by New York auction house Gotta Have Rock and Roll later this month. The album, which appears as a blank disc with the word "Bible" written in pen, is one of many Jackson items available to preview before a public online auction that lasts from July 19th to 28th.

The unreleased songs appear on a CD that was in Jackson's possession. Alternate mixes of the three songs on the recording have already surfaced: "Monster," "Breaking News" and "Keep Your Head Up" all appeared on Michael in 2010. The other nine tracks, all of which are reportedly master quality, have not been released.

The starting bid on the unreleased album is $50,000, though organizers tell Rolling Stone that they expect the final price to go as high as $1 million. Whoever takes home the CD will not own rights to the music, so the winning bidder cannot distribute the recording. According to the auction house, the album was obtained by "the personal friend and personal assistant to Michael whose family was very close to Michael for many years, traveling all over the world with him." When reached for comment, a rep for Gotta Have Rock and Roll said Jackson's friend wished to remain anonymous.

The latest Jackson album is one of many items of pop memorabilia obtained by Gotta Have Rock and Roll for the upcoming sale. Other Jackson items include hand-drawn self-portraits, clothing, his "personally owned teddy bear" and a "Best Daddy in the World" Oscar statuette given by his children.

The auction will also include the handwritten letter Tupac sent to Madonna while in prison in 1995 in which the rapper discusses the reasons for their breakup. That letter is expected to sell for over $100,000.

Two albums of Jacksons' songs have come out since his death in 2009. The first, Michael, was a source of controversy: several longtime Jackson associates believed that the vocals on some songs – notably "Breaking News," included again on this album for auction – did not actually belong to the King of Pop. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Will.i.am, who worked with Jackson during the 2000s, said the new record was "not Michael Jackson," before adding flatly, "it disgusts me." Jackson's brother Randy also questioned the authenticity of the vocals.

In response to these concerns, Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Jackson estate, went so far as to release a statement saying that "one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation" – Weitzman did not name the investigator – had determined that the vocals belonged to Jackson.

The follow-up album, 2014's Xscape, did not set off as many high-profile arguments. A-list producers like Timbaland, Stargate and Darkchild filled out tracks that Jackson started between 1983 and 1999. Lead single "Love Never Felt so Good" climbed to Number Nine on the Hot 100.

Michael Jackson Unreleased Album Track List

1. "Monster"
2. "Breaking News"
3. "Stay"
4. "Keep Your Head Up"
5. "Everything’s Just Fine"
6. "Black Widow"
7. "Burn Tonight"
8. "All I Need"
9. "Water"
10. "Let Me Fall in Love"
11. "Ready to Win"
12. "Soldier Boy"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ael-jackson-album-goes-up-for-auction-w491745

What an interesting choice of tracks on the album.. Here we go! lol

Re: All 12 Cascio songs are being shopped as "Michael Jackson"

Clint-Eastwood-Mad.gif

That's interestinggggg....... They've been telling us they are Michael Jackson songs?? if so why are they not being added to his MIJAC catalogue?? - Think I'll let you all realise why!! #CasciosCashingInOnDeadSongs :hysterical:

P.S. All the other items originate from Frank Cascio and say personal friend/assistant yet the cd lot says they want to be anonymous hahaaa derrrrrrr!!!!! clearly the guy is a little hard up.

$50k for "Breaking News"? lol nope.

Someones gonna get ripped off.

And if Howard Weitzman is so confident it's Michael's voice, why doesn't he let us listen to a sample of the original (unedited) demo?

Meh! I'm just meh about everything right now! As long as someone's getting paid somewhere, nobody cares. It's all about the money. Lots and lots of money. This is sickening but when the estate/Sony are not willing to be transparent then this thing can continue to breath and live and Frank Cascio can get one more pay day. Why not just come out and addmit that they are uncertain of the origins of those vocals and reissue the album with 3 alternative tracks. Heck put One More Chance on there, Someone Put Your Hand Out and another one from the Ultimate Collection? Because really they see the Album as yesterday's news and not something they'll ever care about or stand by again. Short term return, long term disregard!

P.S. All the other items originate from Frank Cascio and say personal friend/assistant yet the cd lot says they want to be anonymous hahaaa derrrrrrr!!!!! clearly the guy is a little hard up.
----------------------
Yeah ? i wonder who this personal friend assistant was ...? hummmm let me guess?

That's interestinggggg....... They've been telling us they are Michael Jackson songs?? if so why are not being added to his MIJAC catalogue?? - Think I'll let you all realise why!! #CasiosCashingInOnDeadSongs :hysterical:

Yes, it's clearly Frank who's auctioning this. Absolutely shameless. So much for him acting like he wanted to stay out of all of this.

Rolling Stone's trying to stir up some controversy over Mike's name again. Frank Cascio is one hell of an opportunist. And selling his Best Daddy in The World statute? Pathetic.

Description from auction site

Michael Jackson’s personally owned copy of his final album consisting of 12 finished tracks, all with finished vocals. All tracks are master quality. The first three songs have been released but with different mixes and the additional nine songs have never been released. The song list and recording times are as follows: 1. Monster 5:12; 2. Breaking News 4:11; 3. Stay 4:13; 4. Keep Your Head Up 5:06; 5. Everything’s Just Fine 5:02; 6. Black Widow 4:44; 7. Burn Tonight 3:56; 8. All I Need 3:28; 9. Water 5:56; 10. Let Me Fall in Love 5:15; 11. Ready to Win 4:32; 12. Soldier Boy 3:40. Very good condition. From the personal friend and personal assistant to Michael whose family was very close to Michael for many years, travelling all over the world with him. A letter of provenance is included as well as a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity.

But....Just because it is for sale doesn't mean that anyone will buy this CD, especially with a starting price of $50K. Most people who do their research will realise that this isn't necessarily what is purports to be. Anyone who doesn't do any research and spends $50k probably 'deserves' what they get.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is unsold after the auction, but maybe sells for much less, privately afterwards.

As to any media promoting fake songs, I don't think it will harm MJ's legacy much if at all (Are they allowing 'private hearings before purchase? Are audio snippets available on the auction website?). Anything purchased like this usually doesn't come with copyright, and so this can't be used for anything, as far as I know?

Last edited:
Yeah thats low if its real and not just thrown in to make some more $$$

Tacky tacky frank tell all books etc etc etc

Think of the positives i guess the estate wont be putting them on a new album ?

This book should be released: "How To Waste 50k On Fake Leaked Tracks" by Frank Cascio

ILoveHIStory;4200018 said:
Nine unheard songs will go to the highest bidder in Gotta Have Rock and Roll auction, though winner unable to release music

An album containing nine unheard Michael Jackson songs will be auctioned off by New York auction house Gotta Have Rock and Roll later this month. The album, which appears as a blank disc with the word "Bible" written in pen, is one of many Jackson items available to preview before a public online auction that lasts from July 19th to 28th.

The unreleased songs appear on a CD that was in Jackson's possession. Alternate mixes of the three songs on the recording have already surfaced: "Monster," "Breaking News" and "Keep Your Head Up" all appeared on Michael in 2010. The other nine tracks, all of which are reportedly master quality, have not been released.

The starting bid on the unreleased album is $50,000, though organizers tell Rolling Stone that they expect the final price to go as high as $1 million. Whoever takes home the CD will not own rights to the music, so the winning bidder cannot distribute the recording. According to the auction house, the album was obtained by "the personal friend and personal assistant to Michael whose family was very close to Michael for many years, traveling all over the world with him." When reached for comment, a rep for Gotta Have Rock and Roll said Jackson's friend wished to remain anonymous.

The latest Jackson album is one of many items of pop memorabilia obtained by Gotta Have Rock and Roll for the upcoming sale. Other Jackson items include hand-drawn self-portraits, clothing, his "personally owned teddy bear" and a "Best Daddy in the World" Oscar statuette given by his children.

The auction will also include the handwritten letter Tupac sent to Madonna while in prison in 1995 in which the rapper discusses the reasons for their breakup. That letter is expected to sell for over $100,000.

Two albums of Jacksons' songs have come out since his death in 2009. The first, Michael, was a source of controversy: several longtime Jackson associates believed that the vocals on some songs – notably "Breaking News," included again on this album for auction – did not actually belong to the King of Pop. In an interview with Rolling Stone, Will.i.am, who worked with Jackson during the 2000s, said the new record was "not Michael Jackson," before adding flatly, "it disgusts me." Jackson's brother Randy also questioned the authenticity of the vocals.

In response to these concerns, Howard Weitzman, a lawyer for the Jackson estate, went so far as to release a statement saying that "one of the best-known forensic musicologists in the nation" – Weitzman did not name the investigator – had determined that the vocals belonged to Jackson.

The follow-up album, 2014's Xscape, did not set off as many high-profile arguments. A-list producers like Timbaland, Stargate and Darkchild filled out tracks that Jackson started between 1983 and 1999. Lead single "Love Never Felt so Good" climbed to Number Nine on the Hot 100.

Michael Jackson Unreleased Album Track List

1. "Monster"
2. "Breaking News"
3. "Stay"
4. "Keep Your Head Up"
5. "Everything’s Just Fine"
6. "Black Widow"
7. "Burn Tonight"
8. "All I Need"
9. "Water"
10. "Let Me Fall in Love"
11. "Ready to Win"
12. "Soldier Boy"

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ael-jackson-album-goes-up-for-auction-w491745
duck-1493405241062.jpg

I LOLed when I saw that Frank wants to remain anonymous, as if we don't know it's him. lol. Especially when he has been auctioning other MJ stuff and the three infamous "Michael" album songs are listed.

On a related topic...I'm fairly sure the 'MJ' drawings are not from the same consignor. I'd give $1 max for each of them :)

I hope that fans won't add these to their 'MJ art' pinterest collections.

Never will end will it.

Putting the controversy aside, this auction is 100% a fraud and thus illegal, since
a) it claims to be Michael's "last album" - while the mixes on it have verifiably been worked on in 2010 way AFTER MJ's death (all of them have leaked [in 2011 and 2013 respectively] and they were assigned to various producers, this CD simply contains earlier mixes for the "Michael" album which is all over the internet).
So, claim a) is a lie and can be disputed.

And b) it claims to have been "personally owned by Michael Jackson" - while infact the CD didn't even exist when MJ was still alive because the mixes on this CD didn't exist back then - so yet another lie by Frank Cascio.

Frank Cascio has sold a few real items ("Seeing Voices" tape via Julien's auctions [NOT the source of the leak, by the way]).
But in recent history he has continued to make profits of naive fans by selling various questionable CDs with the label "Michael Jackson" via the same auction house, gottahaverockandroll.com.
Examples are various CDs titled "La Mia" and "Lovin' " (2003). These CDs are labelled "Michael Jackson" which would not be an issue if the auction house would provide proper and correct information regarding the nature of these CDs. However in order to maximize the profit for himself, Frank Cascio has not been providing correct information. The auction house's leaders and those other responsible, out of pure greed, decided to advertize these items as containing Michael Jackson's actual work and thus gave vague descriptions, basically saying nothing but implying to any potential buyer, they would buy something Michael Jackson has worked on (eg "Michael Jackson's original composition" for "La Mia" or "Michael Jackson original 'Lovin You' recordings", both clearly advertizing CDs allegedly containing Michael Jackson's work).
Yet, quite to the opposite, the truth is that those CDs were only FOR CONSIDERATION for MJ and do NOT(!) contain his work at all. It has always been a common practice in the music industry to write a major artist's name on an item if it was meant to be presented/passed on to said artist. The label "Michael Jackson" was only an adressee notice.

In short, Frank Cascio either has not cared about or has been fully aware of the severity of himself misleading consumers with these auctions.
The auction house has also either not cared or has been fully aware of it, too.
This is an evident violation of consumer rights by misleading any potential buyers with false and incorrect information.

What has happened here, is
a criminal conduct
by both Frank Cascio
and also the auction house via aiding and abetting

It should be noted that things like a „letter of provenance“ are worthless for consumers and do not verify anything, instead they are only used to increase a plaintiff’s legal costs in case of a possible contestation because another expert is needed to contest whatever the signer (the „expert“) claimed.

Putting the controversy aside, this auction is 100% a fraud and thus illegal, since
a) it claims to be Michael's "last album" - while the mixes on it have verifiably been worked on in 2010 way AFTER MJ's death (all of them have leaked [in 2011 and 2013 respectively] and they were assigned to various producers, this CD simply contains earlier mixes for the "Michael" album which is all over the internet).

And b) it claims to have been "personally owned by Michael Jackson" - while infact the CD didn't even exist when MJ was still alive because the mixes on this CD didn't exist back then - so yet another lie by Frank Cascio.
Exactly, even if these tracks would genuinely contain MJ's vocals (which they do not), it's blatant fraud.

I rarely do double posts but might post this here as well:

Frank Cascio has sold a few real items ("Seeing Voices" tape via Julien's auctions [NOT the source of the leak, by the way]).
But in recent history he has continued to make profits of naive fans by selling various questionable CDs with the label "Michael Jackson" via the same auction house, gottahaverockandroll.com.
Examples are various CDs titled "La Mia" and "Lovin' " (2003). These CDs are labelled "Michael Jackson" which would not be an issue if the auction house would provide proper and correct information regarding the nature of these CDs. However in order to maximize the profit for himself, Frank Cascio has not been providing correct information. The auction house's leaders and those other responsible, out of pure greed, decided to advertize these items as containing Michael Jackson's actual work and thus gave vague descriptions, basically saying nothing but implying to any potential buyer, they would buy something Michael Jackson has worked on (eg "Michael Jackson's original composition" for "La Mia" or "Michael Jackson original 'Lovin You' recordings", both clearly advertizing CDs allegedly containing Michael Jackson's work).
Yet, quite to the opposite, the truth is that those CDs were only FOR CONSIDERATION for MJ and do NOT(!) contain his work at all. It has always been a common practice in the music industry to write a major artist's name on an item if it was meant to be presented/passed on to said artist. The label "Michael Jackson" was only an adressee notice.

In short, Frank Cascio either has not cared about or has been fully aware of the severity of himself misleading consumers with these auctions.
The auction house has also either not cared or has been fully aware of it, too.
This is an evident violation of consumer rights by misleading any potential buyers with false and incorrect information.

What has happened here, is
a criminal conduct
by both Frank Cascio
and also the auction house via aiding and abetting

It should be noted that things like a „letter of provenance“ are worthless for consumers and do not verify anything, instead they are only used to increase a plaintiff’s legal costs in case of a possible contestation because another expert is needed to contest whatever the signer (the „expert“) claimed.

ivy;4200042 said:
Description from auction site

Michael Jackson’s personally owned copy of his final album consisting of 12 finished tracks, all with finished vocals. All tracks are master quality. The first three songs have been released but with different mixes and the additional nine songs have never been released. The song list and recording times are as follows: 1. Monster 5:12; 2. Breaking News 4:11; 3. Stay 4:13; 4. Keep Your Head Up 5:06; 5. Everything’s Just Fine 5:02; 6. Black Widow 4:44; 7. Burn Tonight 3:56; 8. All I Need 3:28; 9. Water 5:56; 10. Let Me Fall in Love 5:15; 11. Ready to Win 4:32; 12. Soldier Boy 3:40. Very good condition. From the personal friend and personal assistant to Michael whose family was very close to Michael for many years, travelling all over the world with him. A letter of provenance is included as well as a Gotta Have Rock & Roll™ Certificate of Authenticity.

"Everything Just Fine" for "Alright" hahahaha

I don't mind these being auctioned and being bought by some stupid fan, I really don't care if it's illegal or not.

I do mind THREE OF THOSE TRACKS still on an official release, officially listed as a MICHAEL JACKSON PRODUCT. That's the scam, was and forever will be.

Apparently the item is now no longer up for auction. Good!

NO NO NO!!!!! These songs NEED to be in the animated special, not auctioned off for millions and squajillions of dollars!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Back