New MJ statue and tribute show in Madrid, Spain.

Xtarlight and Mpenziwe

Proud Member
4Jac62B.jpg

Michael Jackson will be "alive" in Teatro Calderón (Madrid, Spain) with the tribute "I want you back"

A lifesize statue of Michael Jackson will be installed tomorrow in Teatro Calderón, the same day of the first "I want u back" tribute show, a 2 hours concert-like show with MJ's music performed by Spanish impersonator Sac MJJ.

The show was born as the need of having an "annual meeting point around the myth of the artist" in Madrid, as said Jose María Cámara, from Som Produce, the company that produce the show.

This first meeting have the addition of a Michael Jackson statue, created by sculptor Juan Villa, similar to the one located in Las Vegas, inspired in the cover of "HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1". This one will be life size, "now the fans can pose for pictures with their idol" said Cámara.

In the show, Sac MJJ -whose real name is Adrián Álvarez-, four dancers and a live band from Spain, will guide the audience through the hits of the artist, "everybody will sing along" with one of the best impersonators of Michael Jackson according the producer.

The statue will be unveiled by Toni Arias (admin of Michael Jackson's HideOut) and Laura Serrano (President of Heal The World For Children Spain charity) and will stay in permanently in the theater as a meeting point for MJ fans the whole year long.

Last show for this year will coincide with the singer birthday, August 29th.

Spanish to English translation from:
http://www.lavanguardia.com/vida/20...n-el-teatro-calderon-con-i-want-you-back.html

[Mods, please, feel free to move the thread if this is not the correct forum. Thanks!]

Back