What's your thoughts on Nightmare on elms street franchise

I love it. Freddy Krueger is my favourite horror villian, and Robert Englund is extreamly entertaining as him. Out of all the films Dream Warriors is my favourite

Freddy is an icon of American cinema.

But the franchise is laden with sillyness. Despite that I'm rather fond of it.

Pointless reboot was a major disservice however.

I used to have quite the huge love for the Nightmare On Elm Street movies. The 3rd one had always been my favorite one. I even remember watching the tv show version back in the late 80s. Of course being just a kid then. Since I was 8 years old when that series had started. So I had to watch it behind my mother's back. Since she would have made me change the channel. Since she did not want me watching that kind of stuff. And I don't think not that many people knows about the tv show version. Where I clearly remember it. And I think I also might have remember seeing the commercial where you can call Freddy. Though I never did. Of course now I no longer have a love for that series. Or for any other horror movie that Hollywood has made. I now only prefer the Bollywood horror movies which I think they are better. Than the ones made by Hollywood.

I have only seen two of them. I saw Nightmare on Elm Street 4 many years ago and didn't like it at all. Freddy vs Jason was fun.

The franchise had its ups and downs but I enjoy it for the most part including FREDDY VS JASON. Also I HIGHLY recommend to you all if you haven't to check out the documentary NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY. They bring back actors, directors, writers among other people who were involved to talk about the original film and the sequels plus the TV series, FREDDY VS JASON and the history of New Line Cinema. The doc is nearly 4 hours but honestly it flowed very well for a doc that long.

Also I HIGHLY recommend to you all if you haven't to check out the documentary NEVER SLEEP AGAIN: THE ELM STREET LEGACY. They bring back actors, directors, writers among other people who were involved to talk about the original film and the sequels plus the TV series, FREDDY VS JASON and the history of New Line Cinema. The doc is nearly 4 hours but honestly it flowed very well for a doc that long.

Ditto this. One of the most impressive retrospective documentaries I've ever seen for any movie franchise.

I think the concept is awesome.. I prefer how in the originals it was ambiguous if he harmed children when he was alive where as the remake it was clear he was a bad person.. I like the concept of him being killed for something he did not do and is taking anger out of vengeance appose to bad guy in life bad guy in death.

I think the concept is awesome.. I prefer how in the originals it was ambiguous if he harmed children when he was alive where as the remake it was clear he was a bad person.. I like the concept of him being killed for something he did not do and is taking anger out of vengeance appose to bad guy in life bad guy in death.

Freddy's pure evil. There's nothing innocent about him. Wes Craven called him ''The bastard step dad of us all''

^ But evil out of vengeance or evil just cuz? I just think using the concept of vengeance when wronged creates more depth to the character.. Either way a scary bad a$$.

Back