What Do You Do In Your Spare Time?

Re: What do you do on your spare time

Spend time with my dog mimi , do adult colour in books m play sims 4 and watch videos on youtube

I often stay in bed imagining things.
And I always badly need sleep.
Otherwise I surf the net (subject most if the time is Michael Jackson). Or think about what to write in my blog.

I pick things up and put them down

For me it is playing video and computer games mostly. Which helps me deal with my depression from over what had happen to Michael. Sims 4, Zelda: Breath Of The Wild, and my 3ds xl, Kindle Fire hd, and iPad puzzle type games are the games I mostly been playing with lately. I do have quite the love for puzzle games. I also love to make wall and floor coverings for my Sims 4 game. Right now I am in the slow process of making Valspar wall paint sets for the game. I just love Valspar paint colors. I also have a huge obsession for my Michael Jackson replacement Shahrukh Khan, Bollywood and just all things India. Have ever since 2005. I have such a huge massive love for that totally amazing and absolutely gorgeous country. There really is no other country in the world that is as gorgeous as India is. It is like what the song Des Rangila from the 2006 movie Fanaa says. It is a land full of color and beauty. And I don't even have a single drop of Indian blood in me. I am an American and the closest that I am to being part Indian. Is being part Russian another country that I love just as much. I also have a huge passion for astronomy. It has been my number 1 favorite kind of science ever since I was 6 years old. And I remember hearing about the return of Haley's Comet. I don't remember actually seeing the comet in 1986. But I do remember hearing about it. My older brother at the time even had a t-shirt marking it's return. It had always been my dream job to become either an astronomer or an astrophysics. But because of my severe learning disabilities that never happen. But in a way I still see myself as an astronomer. I do know just as much about astronomy as a real astronomer does. I do get the Astronomy magazine every month. A magazine that I have been getting ever since the Dangerous Era. I have kept every single issue since then. And I do love to watch Astronomy related programs either on tv or on you tube. And 1 other thing I also have quite the love for is the HIStory Channel's Ancient Aliens series. I totally believe in what they say about aliens coming to Earth. To help mankind build these massive stone structures. And other things like that. I mean how else can you explain of just how they were built. When the modern building tools of today. Can't do what mankind did back then. I have always been a huge believer in the paranormal. But ever since what had happen to Michael. I went back to my Christian faith. From being a long time atheist back when we still had him. If I want to be where Michael is now. I had to go back to being a Christian. And ever since I went back to being a Christian. I realized just how wrong and stupid I was for being an atheist. I also realized after going back to my Christian faith. Of really just how much fun it is to being a Christian. I just love watching Christian and Jewish related programs on tv. TBN is my favorite Christian channel to watch. Since they have both Christian and Jewish related programing. Any way those are some of the things I like to do on my spare time. And happen to have a lot of it. Since because of my learning disabilities and health problems. I am unable to work.

Last edited:

I read or knit. But never at the same time.

Lots of things: I go out for walks in the forest, I play the piano, I read a lot, I play boardgames with others, I make rag dolls, I enjoy looking through thrift shops...

I enjoy art and fashion, and I read, write and surf the internet. I like you tube, shopping, Love sonny moore and technology. I enjoy some social media and psychology.

I spend a lot of time on YouTube/Netflix, reading and playing computer games. Those are the top three things at least.

Band. Every day.
Also, game collecting/playing.
Magic The Gathering.
Making YouTube videos.
Listening to music.
Playing music.
Bike.
Four Square.
Ping Pong.
Eat Food.
School.
Other stuff too.

I usually read or knit. (Still the same as the above post. :D)

Hear and play music or going out with friends

I spend a lot of time with nutrition/health fitness/bodybuilding..

Have spurts of playing games, xbox one..

I enjoy watching tv/movies/netflix

Visiting here ;)

Enjoy doing whatever with my wife

Hobbies i should give more time to is drawing and dancing.. two loves that as an adult have somewhat took a back seat. I took dance very seriously for .ost of my life!

After caring24/7 over a year for husband till he died last year I m pretty much trying to rebuild life

After caring24/7 over a year for husband till he died last year I m pretty much trying to rebuild life

Welcome to MJJCommunity Sarena (y) Yup, that is all you can do hey and you do it all in his name :innocent:
Quite a 'life changing' event! I wish you the BEST of luck :clap:

I divide my time between my 4 passions and that is MJJC :wub: I just love to browse through MJ facts and piccies :clapping:

I'm also writing my 5th novel and taking my time with it now and trying out different plot styles with this one. I just love to spend time with my characters.

Of course, my 3rd Passion is books! It's quite hard for me not to pop in my fave book store and see what beauties they have in store. My fave genre is English young adult fiction as in Dystopian novels with lots of adventures and monsters to slay. The current novel I'm reading is the 3rd book of "The Mortal Instruments". My fave characters are Jace and Simon :)

Finally, my 4th passion is 'gardening' and obviously taking care of plants. My 'reception' room is like a jungle lol. My fave plants are my 'nightshade' and I have 2 oak 'baby' trees. I grew them from an acorn I found in the woods. I also have 2 'feng shui' trees that are quite happy here!

I try to dedicate 1 hour for reading and playing my instruments. I should spend more time drawing but it's not something I feel like doing on a daily basis.
I also play videogames but only on weekends.

Welcome to the forum!

Hugs to you and we at MJJC wish you all the best with rebuilding your life.

Oh and ......listen to Michael Jackson!! We are sure it will help!!

I study grammar, because I strongly believe that we are slowly becoming illiterate. i review math problems to keep my brain tuned, I practice my instruments, I knit things or I write. In really spare time, I listen to MJ.

Oh my word, my condolences to you. But what a caring person you are. How is your life now?

So sorry to hear that! *HUGS* But so wonderful you took care of him! Ii am sure he appreciated it! That is true love! I still have the last letter my dad wrote where he mentions how much it meant to him that mom stayed at the hospital with him 24/7 and kept him company and helped to take care of him ( my mom would wash him instead of the nurses and helped him the best she could...but the most important thing was just being there...knowng he wasn't alone...he REALLY appreciated it. To me that is true love...you are literally there for each other "until death do us part" and LITERALLY in good and bad times and in sickness and in health. You don't bail out when things get tough. You stick around and help. THAT'S true love.

I don't really have much free time lately because of work but when I do have some time for myself I love creating art. Go on walks to see if I can find anythiing interesting and take photos of that. Or I like to paint. I just started painting recently and I love it. I still need to practise a lot to get better at it but I love the freedom of being able to create whatever I want and do whatever I want and try whatever I want. There are no rules. Whatever idea I have and whatever way I wanna use the paint or whatever technique I wanna use....I can just go for it. I love how relaxing panting is. It's almost like meditation. You forget everything else and just concentrate on painting. Really gets your mind off of anything that is bothering or troubling you.

I also lke to experiment with cooking lately. I either try new recepies but mostly I like makiing up my own recepies. I've found that it tastes better when I just trust my gut and do it "my way". I look at what I have at home and then try to see what I can "create" from them. Or f Im grocery shopping I look what vegetables they have and then try to think what kind of dish I cold do from it and what else I could use. It's basically what people have done for hundreds of years....but I never really used to cook, so to me it's exciting....WHEN I feel like it....and have TIME for it. I work 13 hour days, so Ii REALLY don't feel like chopping vegetables and cooking for two hours after work. But when I have a couple of days off and nothing else in my schedule...that's when it's fun and can be exciting and relaxing.

Usually after work I literally just "watch Netflix and chill"....LOL! Or watch all these reality shows like The Bachelor or Idol or what have you...anything where I don't have to use my brain and can just fall asleep while watching. LOL!

I also like going to the movies when I have some free time.

And I like going to the zoo. When you have a bad day or feel stressed out....the animals just make you feel good. You feel like you are around "good energy". I once sat with a monkey for like an hour. He was on one side of the glass and I was on the other side and we both just sat there and I would show him things I had in my bag or photos from my cell phone and he would watch. And I was having a really bad day and the monkey looked so sad too...it made me cry. So it just felt like we were both having a bad day but then for a while we both tried to lift each other up. He just made me feel so much better, just by staying there and sitting with me and not walking away. Or when ALL the penguins came running to where I was....it was so funny and sweet! Aniimals are just so sweet, they always make you feel good!

And listening to music of course....but that goes without saying....I listen to music every day. All the time. When I wake up, when I got to sleep...when i'm exercising...most of the time when I'm painting....when I'm cooking...

Lately however basically all my free time goes to defending MJ.

I do software stuff, but have more fun doing music stuff. synthesizer programming is really endless fun, I would absolutely kill to get my hands on a synclavier (which played a large role in creating the sound aesthetic for the Bad album), maybe next year!

also biking can be a lot of fun, though the last few places I've lived have not been great biking citys. right now I'm trying to focus on getting my piano (or wurlitzer in my case) chops back into decent shape, and writing songs through this process, and also learning how to fix broken electronics (like using electronics schematics and multimeter to figure out where a bum part might be).

Listening to music, playing Xbox games, watching stuff on Netflix/Sky, reading. I'm quite a couch potato! lol

i like to listen to music and do adult colouring books

Back