Rest in peace, Chester Bennington (Singer from Linkin Park)

analogue

Proud Member
On July 20th 2017, Chester Bennington from Linkin Park passed away. Police say the cause of death was suicide

Linkin Park was a big part of my teen years, and I have fond memories listening to their music with my friends. RIP, Chester. I'll miss him

My girlfriend and her friends were also fans. I bought one of their albums around 2002 Meteora as I liked some of the tunes.

RIP to Chester.

May he rest in peace and may there be comfort for his family. I was very sorry to hear about his passing. Had no idea about his many struggles, nor his deep friendship with Chris Cornell.............

When I look at Linkin Park's lyrics now, I really think that a lot of those songs were a cry for help.

When I look at Linkin Park's lyrics now, I really think that a lot of those songs were a cry for help.

People say it isn't necessarily so cause Mike Shinoda wrote so many of them, but I truly think Chester did relate to plenty of them, far too many, it seems. I thought this interview earlier in the year is quite revealing. Not necessarily a cry for help, but simply an explanation to what goes on in the mind of people who go through similar battles.

My favorite video of theirs has got to be What I've done

Huge Lincoln Park fan. I'd put them right under Michael Jackson in terms of my favorites. So to me this is deja vu all over again. Didn't think I would lose my two favorite artists in less than ten years. I will get through this though. Here's a video I found of him listening to MJ in the studio. Even talked about wanting to do a cover of Dirty Diana. Would have loved to hear that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCVP5KJLXr4

I'm not familiar with him, but what people have posted have made me feel really sad about him and Chris Cornell too. I watched another interview of him talking about depression and he hit the nail on the head with his description of it. It's really debilitating.

On the other hand, I love the video of them hanging around the studio listening to "the Way you Make Me Feel". Nothing better than seeing some artists genuinely enjoying Michael's music.

Back