Why Has He Never Acquired Parental Advisory Stickers?

No idea, but I'm glad he didn't get one. Parental Advistory Stickers look ugly to me

There is a board for this (the RIAA in the US, since 2011 also done by BPI in the UK) and the people there simply didn't make out MJ's few mumbled curse words or didn't find anything critical that would have required this label for sale.

You didn't hear the moans? LOL.

MJ: Who..me?
tumblr_inline_onltkgpjeZ1thmtac_500.gif

Last edited:
Towards the end it's really..er..obvious. It's on YouTube. :cheeky:

I'm wondering how come MJ's music never acquired those infamous parental advisory stickers. He dropped a few f-words (Scream) and k-words (TDCAU) after all.

As a supposition, maybe because his music are so respected and he being a good lad, they don't even had the idea, because they always tried to find sth to accuse MJ.. Or maybe because the 90's and 80's didn't have this stupic political correctness moviment so grown as it is today.

I don't think one F-word (Scream) and one S-word (This Time Around) was enough to get a parental advisory sticker.

As a supposition, maybe because his music are so respected and he being a good lad, they don't even had the idea, because they always tried to find sth to accuse MJ.. Or maybe because the 90's and 80's didn't have this stupic political correctness moviment so grown as it is today.
Those started in the mid eighties because of the uproar over sexual lyrics. It seemed like the days of innuendo were gone. Add violence to that-and every parent went crazy. A lot for good reason.

It takes more than a curse word or two in an entire album to get parental advisory sticker.. freakin pg13 movies show nudity and have used the F word

I remember back when the HIStory album was coming out. I was hearing somewhere that the album was not for people under 15 years old. Luckily I was at the right age when I had gotten the album in the summer of 1995. And listening to it I could see why they were saying that. And even if I was under 15. I still would have gotten the album any way. Since I was finally old enough to remember an entire MJ era.

Those started in the mid eighties because of the uproar over sexual lyrics. It seemed like the days of innuendo were gone. Add violence to that-and every parent went crazy. A lot for good reason.

I totally agree. Sure. The parents have all the right to be like that when we see what it's happening in the media today. But what i'm against is the political correctness that started with the advent of the -isms, and it was very much used in countries as URSS etc. But now they are growing a lot more than in the 90's, for example, in countries where there weren't the majority thought, as the U.S. and other western contries. And when I say I am against it, I'm not referring to the right of a father to choose what his child must see or not, which I totally agree, but the governement to choose what the artist, the citizen can or not do, what is basically a censorship.

Tipper Gore and PRMC started the use of the parental advisory sticker due to the lyrics in rock music and her daughter hearing Prince's "Darling Nikki".

I DO remember seeing copies of HIStory with the sticker on the case but it was only in a few stores here in the states where it was on the case.

I don't think the RIAA ever thought that Michael's music was ever lyrically suggestive or bad in that way, so they never felt the need to slap a Parental Advisory sticker on it. But I think some 70's artists, like John Lennon and Frank Zappa, would have gotten those stickers if their music had come out a little bit later. Little bit of music trivia: Both Frank Zappa and John Denver sat on the council of musicians who were questioned about lyric content in popular music.

Michael Jackson said in an interview once that the reason why his music was so upbeat and family friendly was because he wanted it that way. I think he said he didn't want to be an artist that the whole family couldn't listen to.

I totally agree. Sure. The parents have all the right to be like that when we see what it's happening in the media today. But what i'm against is the political correctness that started with the advent of the -isms, and it was very much used in countries as URSS etc. But now they are growing a lot more than in the 90's, for example, in countries where there weren't the majority thought, as the U.S. and other western contries. And when I say I am against it, I'm not referring to the right of a father to choose what his child must see or not, which I totally agree, but the governement to choose what the artist, the citizen can or not do, what is basically a censorship.

I'm not a big Tool fan anymore, but back in the early 90's (at the very beginning of that mess), they released a song and video slamming the record industry for censoring music. It was the only music video that they appeared in. Can't remember what the song was called, now.

Last edited:
If moans and sexy noises would get parental advisory stickers in the US, you could stick one on half of Michael´s singles (just a rough guess :lol:)

examples:

Get On The Floor
ITC (of course)
Dangerous (especially the ending of the album version, ahem)
Butterflies
2000 Watts
Working Day and Night

:innocent:

A fb user posted a funny anecdote some time ago:
As a kid she was told by her family Michael was panting on PYT `cause he was pretending to be a dog. :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, but the others are debatable, while ITC, I think, is quite obvious. But then not really that obvious as it seems to me - considering some of the replies in this thread. LOL.

Although I've always seen ITC as sexual I've never thought he'd orgasmed on it.

There's a post I never thought I'd write.

Yes, but the others are debatable, while ITC, I think, is quite obvious. But then not really that obvious as it seems to me - considering some of the replies in this thread. LOL.
I don't care for ITC, but I certainly noticed that.

I also noticed the one in Butterflies-where he just goes higher and higher and higher until he just loses his air-or maybe I'm imagining it. :)

Back