Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 89 of 89

Thread: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

   
  1. #76
    Points: 5,684, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    536
    Points
    5,684
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    450
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 352 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Hey Annita!

    Stop spoiling it for the people that want to beat up on The Estate (again)! ;-)

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SmoothMJ For This Useful Post:


  3. #77
    Points: 26,582, Level: 97
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,195
    Points
    26,582
    Level
    97
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,544 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    For those who started watching the show cuz of this trailer.. what's your thoughts? I personally love it
    **He lives forever within us**

  4. #78
    Points: 23,742, Level: 94
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 608
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends10000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,885
    Points
    23,742
    Level
    94
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 309 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    I love this TV series. Thriller should even be there in first season

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mkgenie For This Useful Post:


  6. #79
    Points: 22,136, Level: 92
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    barbee0715's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,847
    Points
    22,136
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    18,621
    Thanked 6,679 Times in 2,980 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Annita View Post
    Is the Estate the only partie who has to give permission for it or is/was Rod Temperton also a partie? For example Estate paid Temperton a huge sum for using the song in TII, obviously they were not able to do it without his permission and I remember Temperton rejected the use for example in this terrible family-tribute concert for some years.
    That was really well played by Rod-I remember reading about the amount he got for Thriller and I was pretty shocked, because I had never pictured him as someone so business savvy. But apparently he was-later on, I read about the number of homes he has, and how rich he became. I have no doubt that Quincy read or heard what Rod got for Thriller alone, and it got his goat about the amount and most likely lead to this lawsuit of his.

    And I also guess they didn't realize what a critic's darling this show is-if you had watched the Golden Globes or the Emmy Awards, you would know that this show is the BIG THING right now.

  7. #80
    Points: 20,590, Level: 90
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,168
    Points
    20,590
    Level
    90
    Thanks
    6,810
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 1,162 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    That was really well played by Rod-I remember reading about the amount he got for Thriller and I was pretty shocked, because I had never pictured him as someone so business savvy. But apparently he was-later on, I read about the number of homes he has, and how rich he became. I have no doubt that Quincy read or heard what Rod got for Thriller alone, and it got his goat about the amount and most likely lead to this lawsuit of his.

    .
    You can call it clever, but you can also say Temperton took advantage of the fact of Michaels death, that all wanted to see his last rehearsals and in the film they certainly did not want to let the Thriller- rehearsals out.
    Do you know the exactly sum he got for using the Trhiller-song?

  8. #81
    Points: 26,582, Level: 97
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,195
    Points
    26,582
    Level
    97
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,544 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    I know we all get our nerve striked when it comes to people Making money off of Michael etc.. But I'll have to say, people get into the business to do business.. As cold as it may sound to fans that only deal with Michael for the love of Michael.. But do we get mad at funeral home operators that make money off of peoples deaths? Or companies that still get money because in a contract there was not a 'death clause'..

    IDK the detail of what Temperton did exactly, so maybe I am saying this pre maturely but I sometimes think that we forget the music business is a business and if there was no money in it - it would not exist.

    Michael bought the Beatles catalog right from under Paul.. It's smart and 'witty' when he pulls a business decision like that right? But if someone did that to Michael - we would be verbally hanging him decades after the fact..

    Like I said, I get that we have a totally different perspective coming from a fan point of view - but none of these people would have worked for Michael for free.. Some of us would! It's a TOTAL different perspective.
    **He lives forever within us**

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:


  10. #82
    Points: 1,511, Level: 22
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    152
    Points
    1,511
    Level
    22
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 76 Times in 29 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    everyone
    MJ's daughter (Paris) wrote a tweet about this trailer.
    "darkness falls across the land the midnight hour close at hand heckk yeahhhhhhhhh @milliebbrown proud of u miss lady - Paris (@ParisJackson)‏"

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to NuTNC For This Useful Post:


  12. #83
    Points: 5,684, Level: 48
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    536
    Points
    5,684
    Level
    48
    Thanks
    450
    Thanked 1,280 Times in 352 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    I know we all get our nerve striked when it comes to people Making money off of Michael etc.. But I'll have to say, people get into the business to do business.. As cold as it may sound to fans that only deal with Michael for the love of Michael.. But do we get mad at funeral home operators that make money off of peoples deaths? Or companies that still get money because in a contract there was not a 'death clause'..

    IDK the detail of what Temperton did exactly, so maybe I am saying this pre maturely but I sometimes think that we forget the music business is a business and if there was no money in it - it would not exist.

    Michael bought the Beatles catalog right from under Paul.. It's smart and 'witty' when he pulls a business decision like that right? But if someone did that to Michael - we would be verbally hanging him decades after the fact..

    Like I said, I get that we have a totally different perspective coming from a fan point of view - but none of these people would have worked for Michael for free.. Some of us would! It's a TOTAL different perspective.
    But I'm talking about people getting more than they are contractually obliged to, a la Quincy and the jury who know nothing about music contracts.

    There have been plenty of people trying to jump on the fast moving gravy train since Michael's death. I suppose, some would say, they are all entitled - contracts or not.

    I would say that most of them are greedy, backstabbing lowlifes.

    As you say. We sometimes see things differently

  13. #84
    Points: 22,136, Level: 92
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points
    barbee0715's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Texas, USA
    Posts
    6,847
    Points
    22,136
    Level
    92
    Thanks
    18,621
    Thanked 6,679 Times in 2,980 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by Annita View Post
    You can call it clever, but you can also say Temperton took advantage of the fact of Michaels death, that all wanted to see his last rehearsals and in the film they certainly did not want to let the Thriller- rehearsals out.
    Do you know the exactly sum he got for using the Trhiller-song?
    Well, as a Michael fan first, when I read about it, I was shocked-how could he take advantage of Michael's death like that and Rod had always seemed so sweet and unassuming, as well as brilliant-all about the music and nothing else. BUT, all of these guys, including Michael, are show BUSINESS savvy, and they learned it the hard way.

    Berry Gordy pulled no punches when Joe Jackson yanked his kids from Motown and signed with CBS/Epic and Berry took them to court for years, confiscated their name, and even said there would be "another Jackson 5 on the stage tomorrow if they leave." But we all love Berry.

    I don't know the exact amount Rod demanded for Thriller, or even if it was true, but I read several articles that it was around 3 million. If that's the case, and Quincy only got 455 thousand, then I'm sure he was put out over it. Rod, Quincy and Bruce remained fast friends up to Rod's death.

    Still not saying the jury verdict was right-I disagree with it-but I try to understand the motivation behind the law suit.

  14. #85
    Points: 20,590, Level: 90
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,168
    Points
    20,590
    Level
    90
    Thanks
    6,810
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 1,162 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Quote Originally Posted by barbee0715 View Post
    I don't know the exact amount Rod demanded for Thriller, or even if it was true, but I read several articles that it was around 3 million. If that's the case, and Quincy only got 455 thousand, then I'm sure he was put out over it. Rod, Quincy and Bruce remained fast friends up to Rod's death.

    Still not saying the jury verdict was right-I disagree with it-but I try to understand the motivation behind the law suit.
    Rod Temperton is the songwriter oft the song,so he has a great input in the creation of it, not sure why this input is to connect to Quincy, but anyway it belongs
    more in the trial-thread.

  15. #86
    Points: 17,704, Level: 84
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Overall activity: 76.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Pink Diamond Princess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Place With No Name.
    Posts
    2,998
    Points
    17,704
    Level
    84
    Thanks
    1,257
    Thanked 2,157 Times in 991 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    It's been a lot of fun going on YouTube watching people's reactions to hearing Thriller in the trailer.
    I guess they just can't resist the evil of the Thriller.

    The humble King/Emperor of all music and entertainment, AKA The Greatest entertainer of all time, The standard, and Your faves fave.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Diamond Princess For This Useful Post:


  17. #87
    Points: 37,620, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Snow White luvs Peter Pan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    10,394
    Points
    37,620
    Level
    100
    Thanks
    3,568
    Thanked 10,312 Times in 3,681 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    ^It disappointed me most of the reactions I saw they didn't notice Thriller was in the trailer as soon as Vincent Price started laughing though. It would be understandable not noticing Thriller actually began playing at :54sec because some tweaks were done to the song but how come they didn't lose their shit when Vincent laughed.

  18. #88
    Points: 26,582, Level: 97
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 768
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    11,195
    Points
    26,582
    Level
    97
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 3,309 Times in 1,544 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    SmoothMJ, I wasn't talking about any particular lawsuit.. There are toooo many unlawful lawsuits against Michael that simply should never see the light of day.. I was commenting on the overall pattern by us fans of attacking seemingly everyone that sues Michael even IF they are indeed owed something.. We toss out quotes like "Money hungry".. and attack peoples character when there are indeed people that have done work for Michael and not appropriately paid.

    There are people that did not get credit they feel deserved or money that was owed for x reasons.. We know Michael did not have the best handlers with his money for much of his career.. When you are an artist that has several deals going on at once and people handling your finances for you that are not the best... Payments and issues are going to be overlooked ie. people go unpaid..

    It happens!
    **He lives forever within us**

  19. #89
    Points: 1,511, Level: 22
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entry1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    152
    Points
    1,511
    Level
    22
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    25
    Thanked 76 Times in 29 Posts

    Default Re: THRILLER appears in new trailer for STRANGER THINGS Season 2

    Now I wrote NetflixTH's Facebook message about this trailer.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •