Thread: Illesteva team with MJ Estate for Sunglasses (Thriller 35th Anniversary)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 411 Posts

Default Illesteva team with MJ Estate for Sunglasses (Thriller 35th Anniversary)

35 Years After Thriller, Michael Jackson’s Iconic Sunglasses Get a Modern Reboot

This year marks the 35th anniversary of Michael Jackson’s Thriller album, in which the star had several standout fashion moments. In the music video for the song “Thriller,” Jackson transformed from a wholehearted student in a varsity jacket to a more sinister character who gyrated his hips while sporting a futuristic red leather jacket. (That prized piece later went on to sell for $1.8 million.) In “Billie Jean,” he strutted around in a dapper bow tie. Another snippet of Jackson fashion history worth noting are his sunglasses: The entertainer wore shades throughout his career, typically oversize aviators, whether he was performing onstage at the 1993 Super Bowl or accepting a Grammy in 1984. Later on, Jackson appeared with light-adaptive glasses. (Fun fact: A pair of Jackson’s sunglasses from the Victory Tour in 1984, later owned by Corey Feldman, once sold for a whopping $27,500.)

You won’t have to fork over quite that much to grab a pair of sunglasses that recall MJ’s style. The King of Pop’s shades are receiving a revamp thanks to eyewear company Illesteva, which has teamed up with the Michael Jackson estate in celebration of the Thriller anniversary. The frameless sunglasses come in a thin reflective gold, a reinterpretation of the aviators that Jackson wore during the late ’80s and early ’90s. “Michael Jackson, one of the most iconic performers of all time, was rarely seen without sunglasses. When we think of him, the aviator immediately comes to mind,” says CEO and designer Daniel Silberman. “We wanted to design a shape that he would wear on stage today but combined with modern technology. The frame is made out of a 2.55 millimeter mask lens in custom gold gradient with lightweight steel temples.” Only 200 of the glasses will be produced and will be priced out at $240 each.

Sunglasses aren’t the only accessory Jackson was known for, of course. He wore a bedazzled white glove at his performance at L.A.’s Dodger Stadium in 1984, and he also owned a vast fedora collection (he wore a white incarnation in the “Smooth Criminal” music video à la Fred Astaire, and in 1994 he married Lisa Marie Presley in a black topper). Jackson’s perpetual love for over-the-top accessories even came down to his socks—the entertainer often flashed a glinting pair while doing the moonwalk by way of a cropped trouser. Now, let’s see if it’s his rhinestone-encrusted socks or funky fedora that gets remade next.

Source: http://www.vogue.com/article/michael...eva-sunglasses
    Last edited by KingMikeJ; 07-08-2017 at 10:48 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KingMikeJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 118
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,514 Times in 1,641 Posts

Default Re: Illesteva team with MJ Estate for Sunglasses (Thriller 35th Anniversary)

Now if they made these glasses have 3D capabilities and leverage Thriller 3D... that would be good marketing..
    **He lives forever within us**

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 788
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,266 Times in 411 Posts

Default Re: Illesteva team with MJ Estate for Sunglasses (Thriller 35th Anniversary)

I've never heard of Illesteva, I just checked out their website & they've only been running since 2010. Seems like an odd collaboration, especially with only 200 glasses being produced. However I guess any promotion for MJ's Halloween, Thriller 3D and any yet to be announced 2017 Thriller projects is a good thing.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 150
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,007 Posts

They should have done this with Ray ban.

The humble King/Emperor of all music and entertainment, AKA The Greatest entertainer of all time, The standard, and Your faves fave.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pink Diamond Princess For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,937 Times in 792 Posts

They are handmade in Italy and designed in New York.

https://illesteva.com/about

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 55
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsOverdrive1000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

they're cool, but too pricey for me.

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Really cool but if I dropped them, scratched them or anything else I know I couldn't get a replacement which means I would hardly ever wear them sadly .

Lovely sunglasses though.
    "Who's bad? You're telling me, you're doing wrong, gonna lock you up for far too long, you're doing wrong, you're doing wrong, you're doing wrong brother, who's bad? YA KNOW, YA KNOW IT, YA KNOW, YA KNOW IT OOOH, you're doing wrong, ya know, ya know it, ya know, ya know it, you're doing wrong, gonna watch yo mouth boy, just watch yo mouth boy, that's your brother, that's your mouther, that's YO SISTER, asked me... if you're doing wrong?

SHHHHHHHHH AH!" - Mike's bad, that's who.