getTV Celebrates MJ's Birthday with 4 Episodes of CHER's Variety Show ft. The Jacksons

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
getTV will "turn back time" to celebrate the 59th anniversary of the birth of the "King of Pop," Michael Jackson, on August 28 with four one hour episodes of Cher's 1970's variety series--with and without Sonny--featuring guest appearances by Michael and his siblings. getTV will kick off its Michael Jackson birthday party at 9PM ET with a 1976 "THE SONNY AND CHER SHOW" episode with special guest stars The Jacksons-Michael and brothers Jackie, Tito, Marlon and Randy--and legendary comedian Bob Hope. The brothers appear in some comedy sketches and perform "Enjoy Yourself." Originally known as The Jackson 5, they became The Jacksons when their Motown contract expired and they went to Columbia Records, minus Jermaine, who was married to the daughter of Motown founder Berry Gordy.

6802A3F9EB6-F0B6-3492-BB8E67D9F50ABA50.jpg

At 10PM ET, getTV will air a 1975 episode of Cher's solo variety series, "CHER," in which The Jackson 5 (plus 2)-Michael, Jackie, Tito, Jermaine and Marlon, with youngest brother Randy and little sister Janet-appear along with comedienne Lily Tomlin. Cher and Janet share a brief interview segment, the guys perform "I Am Love," and then Cher joins the guys for a medley that includes "I Want You Back," "I'll be There," "Dancing Machine," "Never Can Say Goodbye," and "The Love You Save."

At 11PM ET, a 1974 episode of "THE SONNY AND CHER COMEDY HOUR" will be shown, with the couple, when they were still married, welcoming The Jackson 5, "All in the Family"'s Sally Struthers and country musician Tennessee Ernie Ford. The 5 perform "Dancing Machine."

Michael's birthday celebration concludes at 12 midnight ET with a "Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour" episode from 1972 with The Jackson 5 and then-Governor Ronald Reagan. The Jackson 5 perform "Looking Through the Window," and Michael sings "Ben."

Sonny and Cher's first TV series, "The Sonny and Cher Comedy Hour," began as a summer replacement series in 1971, but was so successful that the network brought it back that fall, and it continued to air until 1974, when the couple separated. The following year, Cher headlined her own series, "Cher," for a season and a half, and then, post-divorce, she and Sonny reunited in early 1976 for "The Sonny and Cher Show," which lasted another season and a half. Over the years, the shows received a total of 22 Emmy nominations, including three for Outstanding Variety Series, one for Outstanding New Series and one for Outstanding Single Program - Variety or Music, and received one Emmy award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Variety or Music in 1972.

For a complete schedule, visit www.get.tv/schedule.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/...f-CHERs-Variety-Show-ft-The-Jacksons-20170811

wow cool!!!!! I hope someone can record it and upload it

Aw wow. This is in the US I take it?

Can someone record in HD for upload?

I've read they have such good things on this channel-they're running the old Merv Griffith shows and the Judy Garland variety show back from the 60's too. I'd love to get this channel-Comcast has yet to pick it up, though.

I've read they have such good things on this channel-they're running the old Merv Griffith shows and the Judy Garland variety show back from the 60's too. I'd love to get this channel-Comcast has yet to pick it up, though.
Comcast has it in some areas. I'm in Washington state now (from California originally) and both areas had it.

I didn't know they did 4 episodes of that show. I only know about the one episode that I remember seeing a long time ago. This was sometime back when we still had Michael. Too bad I don't have that channel though. Since my cable company Comcast don't carry that channel. Well it doesn't not from where I live in the U.S. And I live in the south eastern part of Pennsylvania.

Back