Exclusive interview whith Cindera Che

Sheng Yin Wang

Proud Member
1.jpg

My name is Sheng Yin Wang, I run MJJTaiwan, in July this year, I exclusive interview whith Cindera Che.

She is the Madame in Michael Jackson’s “Smooth Criminal” music video.

MJJTaiwan:Please be a simple self-introduction, so that fans can further understand you.

Cindera Che:I was born in Taipei, Taiwan under the name of 車倩文. I attended 大華小學 and 2 years of 大華中學 before moving to Los Angeles. I have been dancing since I was six years old. My teacher in Taiwan was 曹金鈴. Upon graduating high school in Torrance, California, I began auditioning for television and film projects working as a dancer.

MJJTaiwan:How did you get this job?and how did you feel when you got the job?

Cindera Che:For the “Smooth Criminal” project, I remember seeing a notice posted in a dance studio calling for dancers of all shapes and sizes! I attended the audition and was chosen to be one of the 30 dancers appeared in the video. There were rumored to be 900 dancers auditioned for this project.
As a very serious and focused artist, I felt very honored to be chosen for this project. I was not nervous. I just want to do my best.

MJJTaiwan:Is there anything special when shooting "Smooth Criminal" music videos?

Cindera Che:There were many celebrities that visited the set including Elizabeth Taylor, Gregory Peck and Al Pacino. Michael danced side by side with us, working very hard and never giving up. He was a perfectionist in the best way.

MJJTaiwan:Are you a Michael Jackson fan before shooting "Smooth Criminal" music videos? have you ever watched his concert?

Cindera Che:I was a big fan of Michael Jackson’s music prior to working with him. I loved dancing to his music in clubs. I have not been to any of his concerts.

MJJTaiwan:Michael Jackson in the "Smooth Criminal" music video, the first show "anti-gravity lean." shocked the world, which has become one of the most iconic of Michael Jackson, when you first see what feel? do you know how to do it at the location?

Cindera Che:We spent 7 weeks working on the video. The LEAN was a surprise to me!. There were nails on the floor. The men had hooks in their shoe heels that locked onto the nails.

MJJTaiwan:Did you stay in touch with Michael Jackson after shooting "Smooth Criminal" music video?

Cindera Che:I did not stay in touch with Michael after the video. Some of my good friends went on dancing with him in concert tours. Though Michael and I chatted a little on the set, we didn’t discuss Taiwan or me being Chinese.

MJJTaiwan:Finally, do you want to add anything?

Cindera Che:Working with Michael Jackson was definitely a highlight of my career. I am very grateful to continue working as a dancer/actor/choreographer/performance coach in the United States and abroad. My father said to me that the main reason he moved our family to the United States was for my brother and I to pursuit what we love to do as careers and not to be limited to pursuing careers such as being a lawyer, doctor or business man, which was very much the way society pressured us to pursuit back in the days. I am forever grateful for his decision and his support of my life as an artist.

MJJTaiwan:Thank you for accepting our interview and sharing this story with us. Thank you

Cindera Che:Thank you for contacting me. I wish you all the best. Stay in touch!

Source - MJJTaiwan

Back