COMMUNITY HAPPENING: Bombing the Estate with Emails!? (Concert Footage)

kai

Premium Member
Hi :)

So i think it's time to do something.
Most people (including me) on this community are fans for like 20 (or even more) years.
Michael Jackson was in fact the biggest performer of all time. His album "Thriller" is the most selling album since 35 years!
There are lots of big artists who have released a lot of concerts on DVD/Blue-Ray.
Even lot of small artists have more live-releases than the biggest artist of all time!?

In my opinion those stuff shouldn't be released for fans only. It should also be released to show non-fans who Michael was as a performer. MJ deserved those releases more than any other artist.
And the fans also deserve those releases.

We had to wait 25 Years for a release of a Bad Tour (88) show.
In 2012 we got it... in fact we got a VHS-Rip.. in 2012.. a time were already Blue-Ray HD Quality was the standard.
Yes, we know... the shows are from the 80s. But if there are film-tapes we can get a HD release.

So the estate will not do anything unless we're trying our best.
Thats the reason i think we should bombing them with emails on a specific date and time!
They need to get hundreds of emails at once.
Probably this will change nothing.. but in the end we can say we tried something.

I believe we can get something before some of us die.

So what do you think? We need lot of people for that? Can you help to make this big?
We shouldn't send them all the same message... we should send them individual messages!

LET'S DO IT!

I'm definitely in because Bad Tour on Blu-Ray is my dream release. It might not change anything but it's good to let them know that fans want more concert releases. The emails don't have to be long.

I'm in.

This is the email i sent them a few months back regarding concert releases, particularly the Bad tour..

Hello,

I am writing to you on behalf of all Michael Jackson fans from across the world.

It is widely considered that Michael Jackson is the greatest artist and performer of all time. On stage, he absolutely has no equal and is in a class all by himself.

It is now 2017 and as of yet we have no high quality release of any of his ground breaking tours. Now please hear me out, this e-mail is not a knock on the estate. We fans merely want and need to understand the facts regarding the possibility of any future high quality releases of his tours, but particularly the Bad tour which is widely considered to be his peak as a live performer.

It has been confirmed by various people who worked on the Bad tour that various concerts were indeed shot (in full) on a mixture of 35mm and 16mm film. This is confirmed by people such as colourist Warren Eagles (who worked with director Patrick Kelley), William Pecchi (the video director from the first two legs of the tour) and Richard Lecocq who works for Legacy Recordings, France.

Prior to the release of the Bad 25 package in 2012, the estate stated that not all footage from the tour had been found and thus were only able to release a low quality VHS copy of one of the Wembley shows. Since then it has been rumored that much more material from that era has been identified.

Us fans sincerely need to know whether or not these films have indeed been identified. We think it is incredibly unfortunate that this material has never been seen by the public and believe it is very important for Michael Jacksons legacy that this material is found and released.

'The greatest performer of all time' so much deserves for the general public to see him at his performing peak in the highest quality possible. It would be a travesty if this footage never saw the light of day.

Regards,

Michael Jackson's fans from across world.

Lots of people from MJHO are also supporting it..
But we need to wait a few more days.

Wouldn't support it. Message can be communicated in less obnoxious ways.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but I think by now the estate is pretty wary of Michael's fragmented main fan base. Plus, the past has pretty much indicated that fans can never agree on anything. For these reasons alone, I'm not sure how seriously they will take a bombardment of emails from one group of fans :/

I don't think there is anything wrong with this if the emails are not rude and are all different. I think it's a good idea.

1. there is no other way to communicate with them.
2. so the estate can be obnoxious to us all the time but we can't be obnoxious to them ?

1. there is no other way to communicate with them.
2. so the estate can be obnoxious to us all the time but we can't be obnoxious to them ?

Wow.....things really aren't great in the fan community are they? Wonder why people leave / stay away? Have you ever done anything nice for someone because they were obnoxious to you????

Why would the Estate publish everything fans want within the first 10 years of MJ's death? What kind of business plan is that? Burn-out in 10 years, with nothing more for anyone to wish or hope for? The prime rule of entertainment is generally 'always leave them wanting more'. If it's the general public / new fans that you are concerned about, then there is plenty of time to release concerts. I'm sure technology (visual, sound etc) will move on and so will the opportunity for new releases of old material. Hopefully the Estate will continue to find opportunities to re-package and re-market songs and visuals in ways that will appeal to new generations for many years to come.

Wow.....things really aren't great in the fan community are they? Wonder why people leave / stay away? Have you ever done anything nice for someone because they were obnoxious to you????

Why would the Estate publish everything fans want within the first 10 years of MJ's death? What kind of business plan is that? Burn-out in 10 years, with nothing more for anyone to wish or hope for? The prime rule of entertainment is generally 'always leave them wanting more'. If it's the general public / new fans that you are concerned about, then there is plenty of time to release concerts. I'm sure technology (visual, sound etc) will move on and so will the opportunity for new releases of old material. Hopefully the Estate will continue to find opportunities to re-package and re-market songs and visuals in ways that will appeal to new generations for many years to come.

Wow, what a depressing post. I get your point, but MJ is an artist like no other. And the magic he created while performing must be seen in the highest audiovisual quality available. As soon as possible.

We waited 25 years for a bad tour release!....on VHS.
The time is now. MJ deserves more concerts lol
Officially there's only 2 (3 if you count Korea 1996) concerts. That is not enough. It wouldn't kill them to release another concert this decade...

Guys i wouldnt bother cuz apperatley accrding to them "us fans think WE OWN MJS CAREER"!!! saw it infact in a fan email sent by alicia FROM MJ ESTATE!!

Guys i wouldnt bother cuz apperatley accrding to them "us fans think WE OWN MJS CAREER"!!! saw it infact in a fan email sent by alicia FROM MJ ESTATE!!

Please elaborate? I don't think I understand what you are trying to say.

Ok, the estate is now aware of this campaign and this thread!

Show your love about this topic and please keep it respectful!?

Imwhizzle how do you know the estate are aware of this thread?

I've sent an email to the estate with a link of this thread in it. They replied. ?

So all of you who would like to see a high quality audiovisual concert please share your wishes in this thread. Please keep in mind that we keep it respectful.?

I've sent an email to the estate with a link of this thread in it. They replied. ?

So all of you who would like to see a high quality audiovisual concert please share your wishes in this thread. Please keep in mind that we keep it respectful.?

You joking? :D
What did they reply?

I think i can speak for all of us when i say:

BAD WORLD TOUR - NEW YORK 1988 is the thing we need to die in peace!

I think i can speak for all of us when i say:

BAD WORLD TOUR - NEW YORK 1988 is the thing we need to die in peace!

but what if he sang the entire concert live in Kansas 88? but yeah I'd like NY to be released

I'd like to see any Jacksons concert released in high quality (Destiny, Triumph or Victory, maybe all three)

and from MJ I'd like to see Bad tour NY 88 or Dangerous tour Tokyo 1992. and if they are thinking of releasing a History tour, I'd choose Sydney where he sang Beat It live or any show from the early 1997 concerts (Amsterdam, Bremen, Gelsenkirchen, etc)

Imagine the estate would do a concert-release voting! :D how awesome would that be.

Agreed. Seems a little entitled to me to spam them with emails about footage that is easily accessible online for free.

You guys want everything all at once and it will not happen that way. Sorry to burst your bubble.

8701girl;4204476 said:
Just check this twit out its an email sent to this person by alicia from mj estate

https://twitter.com/crackkilIs/status/901116777865850880…

I don't see anything wrong with that email. She doesn't say anything bad about the fans.

Angel of Light;4204507 said:
You guys want everything all at once and it will not happen that way. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Who says that we want everything at once? We just want more concert releases.

Back