The Michael Jackson Exhibit makes Orlando debut

ILoveHIStory

Proud Member
ORLANDO -- For the first time, Michael Jackson fans in Central Florida can check out more than 3,000 artifacts on display by a private collector.

1504038031310.jpg

* The Michael Jackson Exhibit coming to Orlando
* Traveling exhibit features more than 3,000 artifacts
* Exhibit will be on display near Disney Springs 2 days only

PHOTOS HERE - http://www.mynews13.com/content/new...icles/cfn/2017/8/28/the_michael_jackson_.html

The exhibit has arrived just in time for what would have been the King of Pop's 59th birthday, Aug. 29.

Ryan O'Neal of New Jersey started his collection at the age of 5. For the past four decades, he acquired everything from Jackson’s intimate home photos to records, posters from concerts, cartoon figures — you name it.

"It went from one album to the next album and then it went from, 'I want Michael Jackson things for Christmas,' O'Neal told us. "And and it went from the clocks to the cereal and it just escalated."

Inside The Michael Jackson Exhibit (at the DoubleTree by Hilton at Disney Springs), O'Neal says guests will experience "a journey through time with the Jacksons."

Troy Oglesby, president of Troy's Treasures, LLC, is partnering with O'Neal's company, Thomaslene's Family, LLC.

"This is where [Michael Jackson] loved to be at," Oglesby told us, referring to Orlando. "This was a place where adults could be kids... Michael was music, so this gives us a chance to look at how Michael and the Jackson Family impacted music."

O'Neal didn't hesitate when revealing one of his most prized possessions.

"A board game that my mother bought me when I was around 8," he said. "She signed the back of it, and — she's no longer here."

The exhibit accepted its first guests Tuesday at 10 a.m.

WHAT: The Michael Jackson Exhibit
WHEN: Aug. 29-30; 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
WHERE: DoubleTree by Hilton, 2305 Hotel Plaza Blvd., Orlando
TICKETS: Adults: $21.50; Kids/Seniors: $13.50

Our cameras returned to the exhibit Tuesday, so check out our in depth coverage Tuesday starting at 5 p.m. in your ON THE TOWN report.

Thanks for sharing this. I love the photo of Michael taken by the owner of the collection. What a blessing to have been closes enough to this beautiful man to have taken such a picture. :love:

It is a beautiful picture. I wish we had things like this where I live.

Back