Let's calculate it:

power - 2000 W
resistance - 8 ohms
voltage - 200 V
current - x

x = P/U = 10 A

However...

I = U/R = 200/8 = 25 A

Now, I know that "twenty ohms" wouldn't fit in melodically, but still.

I dry my hair with 2000 Watts.
foen.gif

Last edited:
I always took most of the lyrics in that song as a metaphor, along with the warning: "Be careful what you say, don't overload."

I mean, this isn't the only MJ song that lyrics don't really "make sense" lol... still love them

I mean, this isn't the only MJ song that lyrics don't really "make sense" lol... still love them
The only one I can think of at the moment, with lyrics that frustrate me, is "Tabloid Junkie". I literally can't understand 90% of the verses, just the choruses and the bridge. As I've said in other threads, I'm not big on remixes...but a more intelligible version of this would be welcome.

The only one I can think of at the moment, with lyrics that frustrate me, is "Tabloid Junkie". I literally can't understand 90% of the verses, just the choruses and the bridge. As I've said in other threads, I'm not big on remixes...but a more intelligible version of this would be welcome.

I have said this since day one. The same with Shout.

I've never really understood why people can't understand tabloid junkie and shout. Once you know they lyrics it's pretty easy to understand lol.

Mike often skipped around speaking of segmented stories within verses so sometimes it simply is hard to fallow than lets a a single story.. If you do the math (jumping around a lot + unique pronunciations + metaphoric statements that can be mis-interpenetrated = "I don't know what he's singing but it sounds cool"

Songs don't have to make any sense though. :listeningtomusic

You can't have the "World on your Shoulder" or "9 to 5 on the shelf" physically either! Lol

Talking about 2000 watts. I always wanted to hear the longer cut that MJ wanted on the album. It was supposed to be a long instrumental outro.
Or it is all in my imagination but I think I read that once!

Let's calculate it:

power - 2000 W
resistance - 8 ohms
voltage - 200 V
current - x

x = P/U = 10 A

However...

I = U/R = 200/8 = 25 A

Now, I know that "twenty ohms" wouldn't fit in melodically, but still.

LOL. It doesn't have to make sense physically.....it's a metaphor. Some fans think it's a metaphor for sex.

Yep.

Songs don't have to make any sense though. :listeningtomusic

Exactly. They just need to sound good and feel good.

I wish MJ had been more open about the lyrics of certain songs.

One of them is ‘2000 Watts’, of course.

I can see some sexual metaphors in the song (like “till I hit my peak”, or “make your juices flow”), but other than that the song lyrically had me foxed.

For example, why MJ sings “3D, high speed, feedback, Dolby”, or “Compact steel o, chi-co, d-lo” & what he is trying to tell us with these technical terms?

Also, I am surprised that when the album came out, interviewers did not to ask him about the meaning of that song.

Back