Janet visits Harvey shelter in Houston

barbee0715

Proud Member
I didn't even realize her tour was here yet, but I read that she was in Lafayette, LA last night, also hit by Harvey. She flew in today (her show is tomorrow) so she could visit with evacuees in the shelter next to the arena. I just realized that Randy was with her too.

Beyonce and her mom were here today too-visiting their old church. Nice to see all the emotional support.

Janet Jackson visits shelter for Harvey victims at GRB in downtown Houston

[video]http://abc13.com/entertainment/janet-jackson-visits-grb-shelter-for-harvey-victims/2392369/#[/video]

Ema

Janet Jackson stopped by the GRB to visit Harvey evacuees.

Updated 1 hr 3 mins ago
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) --
Janet Jackson and Mayor Sylvester Turner visited the shelter for Harvey victims at the George R. Brown Convention Center in downtown Houston.

Houston is the second stop on her 56-city State of the World Tour, set for Saturday night at the nearby Toyota Center in downtown Houston.

Janet is dedicating her concert to those affected by the hurricane and is donating proceeds from the show to local flood relief charities.

Report a typo to the ABC13 staff

http://abc13.com/entertainment/janet-jackson-visits-grb-shelter-for-harvey-victims/2392369/

I am happy to see Janet but it also brings on a sadness that MJ died and Janet is touring at the same age he would have been in 2009. MJ should be here as well. It just show how senseless his death was.

^^Isnt that true. While I'm happy for Janet, when I heard the words "51 year old star", it just made me sad.

I am happy to see Janet but it also brings on a sadness that MJ died and Janet is touring at the same age he would have been in 2009. MJ should be here as well. It just show how senseless his death was.

^^Isnt that true. While I'm happy for Janet, when I heard the words "51 year old star", it just made me sad.

He should indeed be here. It all seems so horribly senseless, doesn't it? It truly is dreadful to think of all the wasted opportunities and the magnificent things he could have done, if only he had been here.

It was so sweet of Janet to visit the shelter. I'm sure it helped brighten their day.

Back