Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82

Thread: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

   
  1. #31
    Points: 553, Level: 11
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points
    EmJ1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    77
    Points
    553
    Level
    11
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 39 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cats-whiskas View Post
    Sure. I have been a devoted fan for over 35 years now. Over those years I have heard so many different theories/ideas/stories about Michael. For example, he didn't want to be black, he wanted to be white, he had a sex change, him and Janet were the same person, he really quit the industry after Thriller and had a stand in after that etc. And ofcourse the most recent well known theory is that he faked his own death. These are just a few. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to fantastical stories surrounding Michael. The more far fetched the better it has seemed. To be honest I am never shocked by any of the stories I hear about Michael anymore!
    I have heard some crazy stuff too like the aliens took him back to their planet and he has a clone on earth now. Also that he died years ago and we have been watching a clone for years. I know these are crazy stories and I obviously don't believe them but some stuff isn't so far fetched and so I have some doubts. I'm glad you're with me on this one. Newbies rule lol

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to EmJ1979 For This Useful Post:


  3. #32
    Points: 7,890, Level: 59
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,728
    Points
    7,890
    Level
    59
    Thanks
    326
    Thanked 2,180 Times in 836 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Yes it was him...

    There would be times when a dancer or someone would serve as a stand-in for technical rehearsals (for lighting/having the dancers act off of a person/etc), but those weren't in the movie...

  4. #33
    Points: 19,174, Level: 87
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,566
    Points
    19,174
    Level
    87
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 302 Times in 128 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cats-whiskas View Post
    Sure. I have been a devoted fan for over 35 years now. Over those years I have heard so many different theories/ideas/stories about Michael. For example, he didn't want to be black, he wanted to be white, he had a sex change, him and Janet were the same person, he really quit the industry after Thriller and had a stand in after that etc. And ofcourse the most recent well known theory is that he faked his own death. These are just a few. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to fantastical stories surrounding Michael. The more far fetched the better it has seemed. To be honest I am never shocked by any of the stories I hear about Michael anymore!
    All those rumours that you just mentioned are ridiculous and sorry, but if anyone seriously questions if it was really Michael in This is It because of any of the above then I simply have no words.

    People like to speculate, but refuse to accept simple truths because apparently the truth is boring.

    I am here, 'cause you were there.

  5. #34
    Points: 5,314, Level: 46
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    326
    Points
    5,314
    Level
    46
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 60 Times in 16 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Trillion percent Michael throughout

  6. #35
    Points: 369, Level: 7
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    106
    Points
    369
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 76 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    All those rumours that you just mentioned are ridiculous and sorry, but if anyone seriously questions if it was really Michael in This is It because of any of the above then I simply have no words.

    People like to speculate, but refuse to accept simple truths because apparently the truth is boring.
    Of course they are ridiculous which illustrates my point. Nothing is out of bounds when it comes to Michael it seems.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cats-whiskas For This Useful Post:


  8. #36
    Points: 6,260, Level: 51
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    mjj19582009's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston TX
    Posts
    178
    Points
    6,260
    Level
    51
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 142 Times in 55 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    I wonder if they are planning to release more rehearsal footage of different songs or different dates of rehearsals

  9. #37
    Points: 7,070, Level: 55
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    SmoothCriminal1995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    841
    Points
    7,070
    Level
    55
    Thanks
    3,989
    Thanked 907 Times in 399 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by innuendo141 View Post
    Hadn't logged in in a while. Sees this thread.

    Christ above...
    Good to see you back mate

  10. #38
    Points: 553, Level: 11
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registered500 Experience Points
    EmJ1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    77
    Points
    553
    Level
    11
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 39 Times in 21 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjj19582009 View Post
    I wonder if they are planning to release more rehearsal footage of different songs or different dates of rehearsals
    They did say they was hours of footage not used so I really hope they do. Wasn't there a mention of there being a second one?

  11. #39
    Points: 668, Level: 13
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 32
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    45
    Points
    668
    Level
    13
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    There should be rehearsal footage of songs that are not that "popular" which have probably gained some momentum since his death/the TII movie... they could now show those. I would love to see him perform Stranger in Moscow, You Rock My World, Dangerous, and Dirty Diana.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to englishhooligan For This Useful Post:


  13. #40
    Points: 3,727, Level: 38
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    52
    Points
    3,727
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by EmJ1979 View Post
    They did say they was hours of footage not used so I really hope they do. Wasn't there a mention of there being a second one?
    I believe there are plans for an anniversary edition (10th) in 2019 maybe?

  14. #41
    Points: 3,727, Level: 38
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    52
    Points
    3,727
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by englishhooligan View Post
    There should be rehearsal footage of songs that are not that "popular" which have probably gained some momentum since his death/the TII movie... they could now show those. I would love to see him perform Stranger in Moscow, You Rock My World, Dangerous, and Dirty Diana.
    Since there was also a lot of footage left out from the last two rehearsals I wonder whether we will shall see more of this in the next edition?

  15. #42
    Points: 19,174, Level: 87
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    2,566
    Points
    19,174
    Level
    87
    Thanks
    121
    Thanked 302 Times in 128 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by mjawb2009 View Post
    I believe there are plans for an anniversary edition (10th) in 2019 maybe?
    Holy Sh... how the hell is the 10 year anniversary of his death already around the corner? That really just blows my mind.

    I am here, 'cause you were there.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dutchie For This Useful Post:


  17. #43
    Points: 13,691, Level: 76
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    2,668
    Points
    13,691
    Level
    76
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    485
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 723 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    I’m baffled this thread even exists. 😮

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IMWhizzle For This Useful Post:


  19. #44
    Points: 369, Level: 7
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    106
    Points
    369
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    129
    Thanked 76 Times in 41 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    Holy Sh... how the hell is the 10 year anniversary of his death already around the corner? That really just blows my mind.
    It just breaks my heart. How can he be gone? Let alone 10 years gone nearly.

  20. #45
    Points: 3,727, Level: 38
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 73
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    52
    Points
    3,727
    Level
    38
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 16 Times in 8 Posts

    Default Re: This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

    I believe there is about 8 songs that were on the set list that haven't been seen yet:
    Stranger In Moscow , Rock With You, Dangerous, Dirty Diana , WATW/HTW , Will You be There , You Are Not Alone.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •