This Is It, was that really Michael Jackson?

EmJ1979

Proud Member
I have seen a few statements now that it wasn't Michael Jackson in a lot of the This Is It footage. There was even a quote from his family saying it wasn't him. I assumed it was but how can you tell? I cant tell and if its not him they fooled me. What are your thoughts?

Pleaseeeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeeeee pleaseeeeeee dont start that ish again !!!!!!!

It was mj ok people it was mjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was but i'm not sure I could tell the difference if his decoys look so much like him. One of his decoys said that it wasn't him as he has studied Michaels every move for years from the way he moves his hands to how he moves his body and that it wasn't him. Also his sister said it wasn't Michaels voice, confused!

Sorry I've not seen the thread about about it or I wouldn't have asked. I just wanted to see if other people were as confused as me. I apologise for the post

He was older and he hadn't performed in a long time so his dancing didn't look exactly the same as before.

I apologise I thought you were asking about just the press conference. That was him in This Is It "the documentary" as well no doubt.

I never understood the doubt to be honest, there's loads of moments throughout the documentary were it's obviously him but the one that stands out.
Towards the end of Human Nature when does a signature move he's front of stage and he puts his hand to his face and kicks his legs apart to pose, all while he's got the other hand in his pocket. Still silky smooth

Thank you for your reply. I have seen these things saying it wasn't him and I thought wow well it really looks like him. I didn't believe it wasn't him I just wanted to know other people's views :D

But the vocals in some songs are not really from the rehearsals. Many are dubbed from other sources for the movie

Threads like this make me sad. Why on earth would you think it wasn't Michael and why do his own fans not even recognize him in the first place?

No doubt it was MJ...

Anyone who has seen This Is It can see so very clearly...

The magic is there.. - so it's MJ...

I'm not sure why threads like this make you sad. I was asking a question and as I stated I didn't say I thought it wasn't him, I just said I was confused as to why people said it wasn't. I am new here and if I am bringing up things that have been talked about before then I apologise as I haven't seen them or I would have read them. I'm not sure on the etiquette of the forum and to what you feel I am allowed to ask but if I have a question I will ask. I am just looking for people who have more knowledge to help me out. If you'd like to give me a list of questions I'm allowed to ask I'll gladly follow the rules

I'm not sure why threads like this make you sad. I was asking a question and as I stated I didn't say I thought it wasn't him, I just said I was confused as to why people said it wasn't. I am new here and if I am bringing up things that have been talked about before then I apologise as I haven't seen them or I would have read them. I'm not sure on the etiquette of the forum and to what you feel I am allowed to ask but if I have a question I will ask. I am just looking for people who have more knowledge to help me out. If you'd like to give me a list of questions I'm allowed to ask I'll gladly follow the rules

It makes me sad because I don't understand why fans would doubt Michael. This was a 50 year old man who had not been onstage for years. He was human just like all of us so of course you would notice a slight change in his voice, movements and what not.

Threads like this just prove that people clearly don't know what to talk about regarding Michael so they just start throwing things out there.

I don't mean to attack you personally so please don't feel offended. I'm just commenting on threads in general. If you want advise or answers from people with more knowledge or experience, try asking things that are worth answering. :)

I see no harm in asking the question. I am new too and I am always worried about doubling up on something that has already been asked. We shouldn't feel nervous. Michael certainly wouldn't want an environment like that. There are so many theories out there about Michael. It doesn't surprise me that some people are saying it wasn't him. Personally I believe it was him. I do hope the vocals for "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" weren't dubbed from other parts as that performance was incredible.

I see no harm in asking the question. I am new too and I am always worried about doubling up on something that has already been asked. We shouldn't feel nervous. Michael certainly wouldn't want an environment like that. There are so many theories out there about Michael. It doesn't surprise me that some people are saying it wasn't him. Personally I believe it was him. I do hope the vocals for "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" weren't dubbed from other parts as that performance was incredible.

Please define 'theories'?

I am quite sure that vocals from I just can't stop loving you was MJ - and not dubbed.

Perfect vocals on Human Nature and IJCSLY - and more.

It was Michael, no doubt. A double may look like him, even be able to dance like him, but Michael's hands, his smile, his voice, the way he carried himself, nobody in the world could duplicate those things exactly. He was magical, nobody in the world could truly capture that essence.

Michael lost weight. It's normal that some people do not reconize him

I think a person who have the habit to watch Michael performing will knows that it's Michael. I think no fans people have the right or can be wrong.

i was just asking people's opinions that's all. I don't think this would insult Michael as he was known to use body doubles for all sorts of things. I aren't trying to insult any fans who think this is a worthless question but it's something I wanted to know as it wasn't newspapers I got the info from his own sister said it

Are we talking on stage or while filming? aside from stunt double for some of the 3D filming it was Michael...

Without getting into speculation about the circumstances of these concerts.. I really enjoyed seeing Michael continue to evolve as a dancer. It's not about the choreographed set pieces for me. It's about the solo improve during 'Billie Jean' and 'Human Nature'. Without the glides, robotics, and popping, Michael had his own style. It was so wonderful to see that he hadn't lost that intricate fluid smoothness that few others seem to be able to gasp. I personally loved when he mimed taking a mirror out of his pocket to check his reflection, ha! It was just a rehearsal, yet there was still enough energy for them to pass off as legitimate performances.

He was very aware. Even remembering the Spanish version of 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You'. There's bonus footage of him singing 'Don't Stop Til You Get Enough' and explaining the harmonies. There were even nods to 'Speechless', 'Threatened' and 'Ghosts'. Songs that had never received the live treatment. 'Human Nature' was hands down the best live vocal of the track I ever heard from him. He had to restrain himself on 'I Just Can't Stop Loving You' and 'I'll Be There! He was thoughtful enough to go back and make live action sequences for his old short films.

The people around him were working to bring his vision to life. There was no need for added commentary. Just witness.. Anyone who wants to see his artistic process can just watch this. All in all, I think it was a great lasting memory. There are people who became fans because of this.

Please define 'theories'?
Sure. I have been a devoted fan for over 35 years now. Over those years I have heard so many different theories/ideas/stories about Michael. For example, he didn't want to be black, he wanted to be white, he had a sex change, him and Janet were the same person, he really quit the industry after Thriller and had a stand in after that etc. And ofcourse the most recent well known theory is that he faked his own death. These are just a few. Nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to fantastical stories surrounding Michael. The more far fetched the better it has seemed. To be honest I am never shocked by any of the stories I hear about Michael anymore!

Hadn't logged in in a while. Sees this thread.

Christ above...

He looked like Michael
He talked like Michael
He acted like Michael
He sang like Michael
He danced like Michael

So it obviously must have been David Hasselhoff

He looked like Michael
He talked like Michael
He acted like Michael
He sang like Michael
He danced like Michael

So it obviously must have been David Hasselhoff

Oh my god I thought he looked familiar. Although at first I did think it was Elvis :cool:

Back