What song can't you listen to

EmJ1979

Proud Member
I don't need a big explanation with this thread but "Gone to soon" I can't even listen to it

Don't Walk Away. The only MJ song I truly hate with a passion.

Lady in My Life, I swear I only heard it like 2 times and I did not like it back then. I'm just ignoring it the whole time.

One More Chance - Because Michael's voice sounds autotuned and pitched, and his "singing style" kinda annoys me :T

> If you speed up Privacy it actually sounds decent btw :p

One More Chance, Come Together & Another Day. The only three MJ songs I hate.

I never cared for "Girlfriend", "P.Y.T.", or "In the Closet" - all were very provocative and I felt very unnerved by them.

Gone To Soon. Just breaks my heart post June 25th 2009. Always have to skip it. You Are Not Alone for same reasons too.

Butterflies - I think that this song is really overrated within the fanbase.
Privacy - This one is just plain boring

Agree with a good few of these. But not Come Together! Must be one of my most played MJ tunes.

Most of Invincible I struggle with. The production, the tunes, the vocal delivery and arrangement.

Agree with a good few of these. But not Come Together! Must be one of my most played MJ tunes.

Most of Invincible I struggle with. The production, the tunes, the vocal delivery and arrangement.

I agree!! I love "Come Together"!!!! I've always loved Michael's raw, rock, gritty edge.

I also agree about "Invincible", I'm not as much of on expert on the technical music stuff as many here are, but something about that album always made me feel like he was trying too hard, or maybe not trying enough, don't know if that makes sense. While I love his voice, and the lyrics for most of the songs, something about the music itself is off to me. Sometimes I think he got too focused on the message he wanted to send in the songs and not about the actual delivery. JMHO.

Butterflies - I think that this song is really overrated within the fanbase.
Privacy - This one is just plain boring

I love Butterflies! Not one of his absolute best maybe, but just so cute. Invincible is my least fave album though, of the proper albums (the ones released when he was here).

Gone too soon, She's out of my life and Don't walk away are off limits for me since Michael passed. These songs bring back so much sadness and make Michael's death (and the total shock) feel so fresh again :no:. For a while I actually couldn't listen to (or watch) ANYTHING that was related to Michael anymore, but I got over that eventually (thank god!).

There is a good number of MJ songs I can't listen to anymore like:

GTS-For a very obvious good reason

The Girl Is Mine-I had never like this song. Even back when we still had him I still never liked it.

MITM-All because of the horrible July date of that horrible nameless year. That song has been 100% pure poison to me ever since.:(:boohoo

Jam-It was seeing Michael's performance of that song. On the one main news channel and then seeing the years. Was when I had gotten the worst news ever about him. And I only put the news on to hear about Farrah Fawcett. I never thought I would hear that about Michael.:( :boohoo

The 2001 MJ album-That album to me no longer even exist. Most of all it is the songs HCW and WH is why I won't listen to that album anymore. And they were once 2 of my most favorite songs from that album. Now they are 2 of my most hated MJ songs.:(

Other besides those songs. The rest of Michael's songs I can listen to just fine. Unfortunately thanks to my anxiety attacks which were brought on from my depression. All from what had happen to him.:( I can only handle listen to him 2 days out of the year. That horrible June date and his birthday. The rest of the year I am mostly listening to my Christian, Blackmore's Night, and Bollywood/Indian music. As well as certain video game music. Like from the Professor Layton series and Zelda.

Hmm, there are not any song I really can't listen too.

BUT

Privacy
2000 Watts

I never play. - If I hear the entire Invincible album from beginning till end - I will not always skip them though. :)

The Girl Is Mine
Heal The World
Childhood
Lost Children
Cry
DWA
HCW
Speechless

I don't have any songs that I couldn't listen. There are some that I like less but I can still listen them. At some point they might click and become my favorites.

Girlfriend. Originally a Paul McCartney/Wings track, given to MJ. Sorry but it's a pile of steaming dog crap. Even MJ couldn't save it. The OTW album would have been better with Sunset Driver in Girlfriends place instead.

music and me always makes me cry even when he was still here it had that effect

Childhood - Snoooreeee!!!!
You are my life
Don't walk away - Weepy ballads have never been my forte
D.S. - It is just a refrain repeated over and over "Dom Standon is a cold man" yes we get the point, you mean Tom Sneddon, now move on because in 2003 he is about to become your worst nightmare again.

Childhood - Snoooreeee!!!!
You are my life
Don't walk away - Weepy ballads have never been my forte
D.S. - It is just a refrain repeated over and over "Dom Standon is a cold man" yes we get the point, you mean Tom Sneddon, now move on because in 2003 he is about to become your worst nightmare again.

It's ok that you do not like the song... but the bolded red part??? - what?? move on because in 2003 he is about to become your worst nightmare again..??

If anything that only makes the song even more relevant to me... Tom Sneddon clearly had an issue with MJ... Your comment is a little weird and harsh IMO...

Thriller - I hate the laughter at the end of the track.
IJCSLY - too cheesy.
Gone Too Soon, Heal the World - very moving.
You Are Not Alone - heard it after my first break-up and since then I've had this association.

It's so interesting to see people's personal interpretations of these songs.

Interesting that Privacy was among the consensus for a lesser favourite - I've heard it argued that his deeper/aggressive voice here is sexy. But I would have to agree in the way that I have a hard time digesting some of the songs he recorded out of anger as it saddens me. For me, D.S. being the main one as it lacks his usual creative spark.

Somehow State of Shock and Blood On The Dance Floor just never really sat right with me.

I also find Little Susie much too creepy and sad to listen to during my down time despite his vocals being so tender, pure and mystical.

Let's start from each album and pick up the song I can not listen to:

Off the wall:
She's Out of My Life - too mawkish

Thriller:
I want more songs on it!

Bad:
Let's play more!

Dangerous:
Jam - I know it is good song but just boring
Why You Wanna Trip on Me - there is something, but still boring
Gone Too Soon - boring

History:
Childhood - too mawkish
Smile - beautiful, but I do not listen so much. It is not even his song.

Invincible:
Heaven Can Wait - the chorus is not interesting that much.
You Are My Life - to sweet for me. I like the bridge on it. Not the King of Pop song.
Don't Walk Away - is that song from the person who sing Human Nature?
The Lost Children - I like the verses but rest is not so interesting.

Michael:
Normally I do not listen this album so much, due to its controversy.
Keep Your Head Up - Cascio track
Monster - Cascio track
Breaking News - Cascio track
Behind the Mask - I think this is little overdesigned version. It's getting boring.
Much Too Soon - interesting because it was unreleased. But not for much repeating.

Xscape:
Only contemporized version:
Slave to the Rhythm - I would rather listen to version from Sony Xperia add. It was great teaser. Check the begining below (fan-made but it still not the same)
Do You Know Where Your Children Are - overdesign, they should leave the Michael album version
Blue Gangsta - overdesign, where is the music there?

Did I missed something? I think those songs up to Michael could be replaced but something more King of Pop typical and worthy.
Xscape songs could be not that much changed.

Nothing can be ideal.

Let's start from each album and pick up the song I can not listen to:

Off the wall:
She's Out of My Life - too mawkish

Thriller:
I want more songs on it!

Bad:
Let's play more!

Dangerous:
Jam - I know it is good song but just boring
Why You Wanna Trip on Me - there is something, but still boring
Gone Too Soon - boring

History:
Childhood - too mawkish
Smile - beautiful, but I do not listen so much. It is not even his song.

Invincible:
Heaven Can Wait - the chorus is not interesting that much.
You Are My Life - to sweet for me. I like the bridge on it. Not the King of Pop song.
Don't Walk Away - is that song from the person who sing Human Nature?
The Lost Children - I like the verses but rest is not so interesting.

Michael:
Normally I do not listen this album so much, due to its controversy.
Keep Your Head Up - Cascio track
Monster - Cascio track
Breaking News - Cascio track
Behind the Mask - I think this is little overdesigned version. It's getting boring.
Much Too Soon - interesting because it was unreleased. But not for much repeating.

Xscape:
Only contemporized version:
Slave to the Rhythm - I would rather listen to version from Sony Xperia add. It was great teaser. Check the begining below (fan-made but it still not the same)
Do You Know Where Your Children Are - overdesign, they should leave the Michael album version
Blue Gangsta - overdesign, where is the music there?

Did I missed something? I think those songs up to Michael could be replaced but something more King of Pop typical and worthy.
Xscape songs could be not that much changed.

Nothing can be ideal.

Back