Reminds me of this

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Default Re: An Issue I Have With Michael and Xscape

It's such a double edged sword isn't it. I have the bigger issue with 'Michael' for obvious reasons. I really like Xscape. My preference is the original versions of everything. I am so grateful for those. I want what there is but it is so bitter sweet. And I want it all untampered with. But on the flip side there is that knowledge that Mj may well be mortified with us listening to something he hasn't finished with.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,051 Times in 1,670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tess66 View Post
    ^^^ I wonder why Stevie Wonder would order his unreleased songs to be destroyed? Seems a bit sad in a way, he's a musical genius as well and I would think he'd want his legacy to carry on through his music. Perhaps he's seen what happens to other people's music once they have passed and doesn't want anyone messing with his stuff?
    I'm not sure why, and I'm not sure if it's even true. It's just what I've heard other people say online. A more knowledgable Stevie Wonder fan could probably answer that for you (I only like a handful of songs here and there).

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 176
    Overall activity: 18.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cats-whiskas View Post
    Hello all, I am preparing to get told off here but I have searched the forums and can't seem to find my answer.

Do any of you have the Michael and Xscape albums and find listening to them difficult? Uncomfortable? Listening to the albums Michael released when he was alive, just make me feel like I am at home, with my slippers on. So comforting. But with the Posthumous albums, I just can't relax and feel the same about them as I just feel about the albums released when Michael was still with us. A) the vocals on posthumous albums may/maynot be Michael and b) the songs aren't as Michael would have released them. They weren't finished by him so they just don't sit right with me.

Does anyone get where I am coming from and feel the same? Am equally open to other opinions. Please don't shoot me, I have spent hours looking through forum and just can't seem to find the answer to exactly what I am asking.
    I understand how you feel.
    I'm going to ignore the Michael album because....well....Id rather discuss an album that actually has Michael's vocals on it. LOL.

Anyway, what I like about Xscape is that they included Michael's demo versions as well as the versions finished by others. Sometimes I feel guilty for listening because I feel that if Michael wanted us to hear these songs, he would have put them on an album.
    But at the same time, we are his fans and just because Michael was taken from us, it doesn't mean we should have his beautiful creations taken from us as well. If anyone has a right to hear these songs it would be us. I don't listen to the album a lot but when I do, I try to just enjoy the music and his voice entirely.

I am here, 'cause you were there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dutchie For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 359
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,029 Times in 723 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post
    I'm going to ignore the Michael album because....well....Id rather discuss an album that actually has Michael's vocals on it. LOL.

Anyway, what I like about Xscape is that they included Michael's demo versions as well as the versions finished by others. Sometimes I feel guilty for listening because I feel that if Michael wanted us to hear these songs, he would have put them on an album.
    But at the same time, we are his fans and just because Michael was taken from us, it doesn't mean we should have his beautiful creations taken from us as well. If anyone has a right to hear these songs it would be us. I don't listen to the album a lot but when I do, I try to just enjoy the music and his voice entirely.
    I agree with you completely. I listen to Dangerous and Xscape all the time. Those are my favorite albums.

Xscape is a project that I supported a 1000%. It was a great idea to let other producers create a contemporary version of the demos. I listen more to those versions than the demos , really. Maybe because I’ve always wanted MJ to work with Timbaland I suppose.

Great album, great tracks. Pity that the estate dropped the project way too soon.

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 467
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,850 Times in 1,133 Posts

Xscape didn't sound like a Michael Jackson album and honestly has no real longevity in it's sound. Michael ironically sounded more like a MJ record but the songs are weak/not even him so it's a tough one. Neither album impresses me greatly, honestly.
    Rocking with Mike for 15+ years and more to come! THRILLER 2017!
    I tried to do the Thriller routine.. check it out! haha:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9fMLQWH1C0
    Thanks!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 31.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie View Post

I feel guilty too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. I must admit I listen to the demos more than the versions finished by others. You are right we should just enjoy what we have left. It is natural as a fan, to want to hear it I think.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 382
    Overall activity: 42.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Album picturesVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,799 Times in 1,028 Posts

I forgot to post in this thread here we go. When Michael first came out i was so excite could not wait to hear it when i heard that 3 fake tracks was on there i stop listening to it to me the cd was ruin. Michael's first cd should have been all Michael and no one else i am going to have my friend burn me a cd with the 7 songs on there that i love and add 3 more to replace the fake tracks. Xscape what can i say it awesome i love it thank god their left the demos on there that what really make the album for me i listen to it just about everyday. I love to hear the magic. I what to add Carousel,For All Time and Someone In The Dark oh another one for good measure You Can't Win. For the Michael album.

Another Part Of Me Michael You Will Always Be In My Heart.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to #MJforever57 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

I'm not big on remixes 99% of the time, so I got the deluxe edition of Xscape for the demo songs.
    God, guns, and guts made America; let's keep all three.