Tabloid junkie or scream

What song is better than the other in your opinion

• Total voters
This is harder than I thought it would be.. I'm leaning more towards Scream because the verses are more intelligible

'Tabloid Junkie' is another descendent of 'Startin' Somethin' - in the way that Michael spouts off random one-liners.

I also feel that the verses evolved from 'In The Back'...

It's all about the pre chorus and chorus for me. It somehow manages to be catchy with a pop appeal, despite being tragic overall. :( It's slinky and fast paced (maybe one of the fastest?) with a frenzied intro, which intensifies in the reprise. The swirling strings bring that 'Billie Jean' drama and deepness to it.

Michael's vocals range from inaudible splutter, to clear youthful anger.

I guess the beat-boxing during the primetime interview in '95 is the closest we got to a performance? It was a great example of how the song was structured. Almost like an audio x ray.

Jam & Lewis did a great job. It was new jack swing, but they pushed it further. Working with Janet for so long, the backing vocals have her sensibilities and style. This also could have worked as a duet..

Tabloid Junkie for me

An incredible song with such depth, in terms of music, lyrics and layers. Love when MJ comes out back to the wall fighting strong

I do love Scream, brilliant duet between Mike and Janet. The short film was nothing short of a masterpiece

I chose "Tabloid Junkie" for the 'special style' really! Hard to decipher lyrics so you need to look them up lol. Love the Beat too!

We exactly chose 'fave' songs because of the message it brings and if the rhythm is quite catchy.

My choice for Tabloid Junkie is both :D

Tabloid Junkie is among the best-written pop songs ever. It's so concise and perfectly structured. It, unfortunately, described Michael's demise, which makes it even more of a standout.

(I dislike the news intro though!)

Love both of them, but I love Scream more because it has a better intro and he performed it live.

I love both. But I chose Scream because it was the only collaboration he ever did with his sister Janet. I love both Janet and Michael and also Scream is one of my favorite songs. I listen to it everyday. Hard decision though...

I love both. But I chose Scream because it was the only collaboration he ever did with his sister Janet. I love both Janet and Michael and also Scream is one of my favorite songs. I listen to it everyday. Hard decision though...

Scream is amazing. Michael and Janet made it into a GREAT duet. I also love when Janet sang it in the vmas 2009. I cried because when I looked at her I saw that she was really sad.

Tabloid Junkie is, after Stranger in Moscow, my favourite song on my favourite album.

I am simply no big fan of this "loud" song Scream. By contrast, I am in love with Tabloid Junkie even if I wishthe verses were clearer/louder mixed.

Back