Can we expect a new album of unreleased material in 2018?

The title says it all...

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

AO98

Proud Member
I know it's been said (or at least I think it's been said) that the Estate has no plans to release more unreleased material. At least for now. But since next year, 2018, marks Michael's 60th birthday, could there be a possibility that they'll either change their minds (or maybe they do have it planned, but are keeping it a secret) about releasing a new studio album of unreleased material, much like Michael and Xscape? Maybe even a "HIStory: Past, Present and Future - Book II" with one disc containing old hits and the other disc containing new previously-unreleased songs? What do you think? Could it happen or not?

As much as I hate to say it, I highly doubt we'll get a new album next year.

There's quite a bit of factors preventing the Estate from releasing an album, despite numerous reports and research proving they have more than enough to fill up at least one to two more albums. Sadly, it seems they're shying away from the idea, though I'd like to hope that fan interest might change their mind.

Not expecting a new album till 2020 at least. I just hope they can release at least a new song on MJ's 60th birthday. At least they can do that for the fans.

Not expecting a new album till 2020 at least. I just hope they can release at least a new song on MJ's 60th birthday. At least they can do that for the fans.
I hope that as well. With his 60th birthday they SHOULD do something special, I'm expecting to be disappointed though.

I hope that as well. With his 60th birthday they SHOULD do something special, I'm expecting to be disappointed though.

They are probably going to do down the Thriller 3D route or another greatest hits compilation for MJ's 60th birthday. More disappointment coming our way.

The best thing they could release for his birthday is a full concert in true HD/4K, along with Thriller and hopefully Ghosts too.

Wouldn't it be something if they finally got to will.i.am and they released "Miss You" on Michael's 60th birthday?

Yeah, it was written as a James Brown tribute and could easily be marketed as such, but at its core its (apparently) a song mourning the death of an icon and an inspiration. Certainly apropos to how we feel for Michael, no?

Never gonna happen, but boy, I'd love it.

Back