Did You See Michael in Concert?

Did You See Michael In Concert?

• No, sadly I never had the chance.

Votes: 30 53.6%
  • Yes! Lucky enough to have seen him once!

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Yes! I saw him between 2 and 5 times!!

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Yes!! Super lucky to have seen him more than 5 times!!

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

Tess66

Proud Member
I'm curious as to who here at MJJC were lucky enough to see Michael in concert. If you attended more than one, which was your favorite and why?

I was not fortunate enough to attend a concert, although I did have plans to see him at the O2 with a friend, we had planned to make a vacation of it as we're both from the U.S. and had never been to London.

Re: Did you get to see Michael in concert?

Sadly, I wasn't able to. I don't think he ever returned to Texas after the Victory tour with his brothers, and I never had the means to visit a bigger place like New York or LA. I was hoping he'd swing back my way for This Is It, but then the unthinkable happened. :(

Last edited:

I've seen Michael twice but not in concert.. 1st at his 45th Bday party in '03 than when I met him in June of '09.

yes, 4 times

I've seen Michael twice but not in concert.. 1st at his 45th Bday party in '03 than when I met him in June of '09.

I remember reading about your meeting in '09, but please tell about the 45th Birthday meeting!!!!

Sadly, I wasn't able to. I don't think he ever returned to Texas after the Victory tour with his brothers, and I never had the means to visit a bigger place like New York or LA. I was hoping he'd swing back my way for This Is It, but then the unthinkable happened. :(
No, he was here three nights at the Summit for the BAD tour. I actually stood in the bushes outside all three nights. Long story.

I got to see him at the Astrodome back when we both were kids. Triumph, Victory and BAD were all sadly near misses. I swore if he ever came back, I'd see him-which is the reason I was at opening day of This Is It at the movie theatre.

I was 7 years old when the Dangerous Tour happened in 1993 and my parents didn't want to take me to one of his 5 concerts, I'm the only hardcore fan from my family and relatives. So no, I never had the chance of seeing Michael in concert or meeting him. :( Fans can hate the HIStory Tour all they want but in my eyes, they were so lucky if they attended to the concerts.

which is the reason I was at opening day of This Is It at the movie theatre.

I saw This Is It at its opening day too! It was an amazing experience, everyone was clapping and shouting on every song! Makes you think of how the actual live show would have been :(

I wish, but I was only a casual fan pre-2009, and by the time I would have been old enough to truly enjoy it, he wasn't touring this country anyway.

I remember reading about your meeting in '09, but please tell about the 45th Birthday meeting!!!!

In '03 I never got to actually MEET him, I was there in the audience and saw him trying to leave afterwards, I did get very close to him.. about 4 feet, as he tried exiting through the back where he was pretty much trapped by fans. I was in the front so I stuck my hands out to my side and pushed the fans back to give him space to get to his vehicle.. (trying to be what I'd think Mike needed).. He ended up walking back inside after giving a look of "these people just don't get it".. made me so sad.. after going inside he went from another door and B lined it to his limo..

Wow!!! So lucky!!!!
What tours? Which was your favorite?

3 times on the HIStory Tour. Prague 1996 and both concerts in Copenhagen 1997. Also MJ and friends in Munich. My favorite? Idk, it's hard to say...my favorite trip was probably to Munich where we also got to see him at the hotel he stayed at when he arrived and also waving from the windows. My favorite concert was probably in Copenhagen when it was his birthday

3 times on the HIStory Tour. Prague 1996 and both concerts in Copenhagen 1997. Also MJ and friends in Munich. My favorite? Idk, it's hard to say...my favorite trip was probably to Munich where we also got to see him at the hotel he stayed at when he arrived and also waving from the windows. My favorite concert was probably in Copenhagen when it was his birthday

Wasn't the Munich "Friends" concert the one where the bridge failed?

I think a Birthday concert would have been my favorite too!!

8 shows on my list!

-Dangerous Tour: Madrid (Spain) 92
-HIStory Tour: Zaragoza (Spain) 96
-HIStory Tour: Bremen (Germany) 97
-HIStory Tour: London (UK) 97
-HIStory Tour: Valladolid (Spain) 97
-MJ & Friends: Munich (Germany) 99
-30 Anniversary: NYC 2001, Sept. 7th
-30 Anniversary: NYC 2001, Sept. 10th

No.

I have intentions on going to London for "This Is It" tour, my old boss had a connection in London asking to get tickets for me and my dad, because I really wanna go there, we have plans and all, my dad thinks we should see the whole show at the private booth, but I wanna see closer to Michael as possible, I even plan to bring my flag to show a Canadian has come to him. But because of Michael's death, I'm unable to and now I'm gonna be and stay a concert virgin forever.

8 shows on my list!

-Dangerous Tour: Madrid (Spain) 92
-HIStory Tour: Zaragoza (Spain) 96
-HIStory Tour: Bremen (Germany) 97
-HIStory Tour: London (UK) 97
-HIStory Tour: Valladolid (Spain) 97
-MJ & Friends: Munich (Germany) 99
-30 Anniversary: NYC 2001, Sept. 7th
-30 Anniversary: NYC 2001, Sept. 10th

Wow!!! Impressive! You even came to the U.S.!!! Now that's a super fan! Kinda sad though, that you came here to see MJ concerts, and 9/11 occurred.

I saw Michael 13 times :eek: This is it would have been my 14th time but you know :(

I do feel Blessed to have all these Golden memories though!

First Concert was BAD tour in Belgium and I was only 16 lol :angel:

Then HIStory Tour I did Prague, Amsterdam, London (3 concerts so a whole week of MJ Bliss) and of course my home country Belgium.
I went to "Munich&Friends" :eek:

I also saw Michael twice in NY for the 30th Anniversary concert at MSG :D and then at the $ony Demo.

I also attended 3 MJ parties where Michael had been invited too. MJ Day 10 in 2001, The Killer Thriller party in London in 2002 and The fan award party in NY in 2002.

My fave concerts are the ones in London during the HIStory tour in 1997 and I really cherish the beautiful memories I gathered at the MJ parties. Michael never acted like a BIG STAR from Hollywood as when he was with us, you felt he was like 'one of us' enjoying himself and having a good time with friends :heart: I still miss him so much and still think of him every day :wub:

just concerts - 5
Dublin History Concert 1997
Mj and Friends Munich 1999
MSG New York September 7 2001
MSG New York September 10 2001
World Music Awards London 2006

Each concert has special meaning, cant pick just one favourite

Met Michael
Outside Dorchester Hotel May 2000
Invincible CD Signing New York November 2001
Shopping in Berlin November 2002
In Neverland April 2005

yes i went to 11 concerts- 1993 Moscow / 1996 Prague, 1996 Moscow, 1996 Amsterdam, 1997 Paris x 2, 1997 Munich x 2, 1997 Tallinn, 1997 Helsinki x 2
my fav is probably Prague as we spent there many days starting from his arrival on 3 /9/96 to Prague (and we got tickets to his meeting at the airport) and went to his rehearsal and it was an opening date for the tour. and Helsinki cause he was very relaxed and joked a lot. he knew our banners already

saw him many times at the hotels
a fav is also a Killer Thriller party in London 2002, i was lucky to be in the 2d row. was magic

p.s. weird that my "join" date here is 2011 but i joined MJJcommunity in 2005 :)

Last edited:

I saw Michael 13 times :eek: This is it would have been my 14th time but you know :(

I do feel Blessed to have all these Golden memories though!

First Concert was BAD tour in Belgium and I was only 16 lol :angel:

Then HIStory Tour I did Prague, Amsterdam, London (3 concerts so a whole week of MJ Bliss) and of course my home country Belgium.
I went to "Munich&Friends" :eek:

I also saw Michael twice in NY for the 30th Anniversary concert at MSG :D and then at the $ony Demo.

I also attended 3 MJ parties where Michael had been invited too. MJ Day 10 in 2001, The Killer Thriller party in London in 2002 and The fan award party in NY in 2002.

My fave concerts are the ones in London during the HIStory tour in 1997 and I really cherish the beautiful memories I gathered at the MJ parties. Michael never acted like a BIG STAR from Hollywood as when he was with us, you felt he was like 'one of us' enjoying himself and having a good time with friends :heart: I still miss him so much and still think of him every day :wub:

Wow!!!

What wonderful memories!

I'm always impressed when fans "jump across the pond" to see Michael!! That's quite a trip. I so wanted to go to MSG, but it was bad timing in my life.

So, you did BWT and HWT, but didn't do Dangerous?? How come?? So curious about that!

yes i went to 11 concerts- 1993 Moscow / 1996 Prague, 1996 Moscow, 1996 Amsterdam, 1997 Paris x 2, 1997 Munich x 2, 1997 Tallinn, 1997 Helsinki x 2
my fav is probably Prague as we spent there many days starting from his arrival on 3 /9/96 to Prague (and we got tickets to his meeting at the airport) and went to his rehearsal and it was an opening date for the tour. and Helsinki cause he was very relaxed and joked a lot. he knew our banners already

a fav is also a Killer Thriller party in London 2002, i was lucky to be in the 2d row. was magic

p.s. weird that my "join" date here is 2011 but i joined MJJcommunity in 2005 :)

You did a lot of traveling!!! You're in NZ, quite a distance from all the locations you saw him. That's dedication!!

just concerts - 5
Dublin History Concert 1997
Mj and Friends Munich 1999
MSG New York September 7 2001
MSG New York September 10 2001
World Music Awards London 2006

Each concert has special meaning, cant pick just one favourite

Met Michael
Outside Dorchester Hotel May 2000
Invincible CD Signing New York November 2001
Shopping in Berlin November 2002
In Neverland April 2005

Ah!! You were the Irish gal with flower support "party" at Neverland during the trial!!! Amazing story!!

I was lucky enough to see the Bad tour when I was 10 at Wembley, London and the Dangerous Tour when I was 14 at Wembley also. They were both absolutely incredible experiences for me. I will never forget them. Never got to meet him and would so have loved to. I love listening to stories from fans who were lucky enough to meet him.

I find it interesting that you've travelled so much to see him... but you didn't see his NZ shows! :p

Also PM Gaz, he should be able to change your date for you!

2 times and one time first row!! and I swear at one time he stared directly at me (during the TDCAU dance routine when he halts and turns his head around to the side). :)

Wow!!!

What wonderful memories!

I'm always impressed when fans "jump across the pond" to see Michael!! That's quite a trip. I so wanted to go to MSG, but it was bad timing in my life.

So, you did BWT and HWT, but didn't do Dangerous?? How come?? So curious about that!

Yeah, that is one thing I'll always regret but I was studying then and money was tight! :doh: I knew Michael wouldn't mind as he told me that 'education is important'. Life took over in the early 90's somehow but then when I got myself a steady job I vowed to see as many HIStory concerts as possible during my holidays. So, I guess I made up for it.

The Dangerous world tour is exactly one of my most played videos cause I just missed it LIVE and I know he came to Belgium in July of 1992 but with no net or fan club available at that time, :eek: I didn't know when he would come and unfortunately I had already booked a holiday to see my Aunt in Spain. How much I regret not being there for Dangerous, I'm glad I did get to spend some time with her though.

Well, other people save money and go to see the sun or visit historic places. I always saved up my money and holidays to go see Michael anywhere my bank account would allow me to travel and I tried in July and August of 2009 to just go on holiday (city trips to London) but it's not the same anymore as I miss Michael even more then so I stay home nowadays. :blush:

Back