Do some fans take it too far?

EmJ1979

Proud Member
I posted on Twitter the other day in reply to a tweet that Paris Jackson had asked the estate to help out in Puerto Rico. I posted that her father would be proud of her carrying on his legacy and that he had bought up good children with good morals. I got a reply to say that she doesn't have morals and that she has sided with the killers of her father. I have looked down this persons page and she has a lot of hate for the family and his children saying that they have just let the beneficiaries of his will get away with murdering him. I find this quite sad as I don't think Michael would want his fans to be hating on his children and sometimes I think people go too far. What are your thoughts?

Yes, that's going way, way, too far!! Implying his children are somehow to blame because they are beneficiaries of his estate is simply insane. As Paris stated in her video, her father worked his ass off his entire life, and wanted to make sure his children were taken care of, and his philanthropy continued.

What a crazy and hurtful thing to imply!! Shame on them!

Yes, that's going way, way, too far!! Implying his children are somehow to blame because they are beneficiaries of his estate is simply insane. As Paris stated in her video, her father worked his ass off his entire life, and wanted to make sure his children were taken care of, and his philanthropy continued.

What a crazy and hurtful thing to imply!! Shame on them!
Her twitter is Belinda O. She is absolutely vile about his children and someone I can't see that MJ would like very much. She seems like a real sour faced c#w

There are a LOT of people out there (I am not on Twitter or Instagram, but I am on this forum and one other) who absolutely hate and loathe the Estate and Sony together-and attack everything they do, even if it involves his own kids.
It's like they got stuck in that "Sony Sucks" rut and didn't move on. I'm personally sorry that the kids are on any kind of public social media-Michael obviously raised them well, and they don't need that stuff.

People get thoughts in their heads, assume their right and run with it. It's not just relating to Michael, I've seen it with other topics as well. Maybe it's because we are all hidden behind computer screen so some think they can just spout out whatever.

I saw that video and to me she just was thanking the estate for backing what she wanted to do in Puerto Rico, which is a good thing. Nothing to get upset over. I think even if they weren't on social media they'd still get it from some, no matter what.

Yes I agree that some fans take things way too far and I've certainly experienced these so-called fans being an MJ fan on this forum and others since the mid-2000's. Some fans are quite stubborn and spearheaded and ready to square up (as us young millenials would say) with those who disagree with their "right" thoughts. I've even had my fair share of full-fledged arguments with other members on this forum. While I'm not proud of it,it does make me see that some fans are down right mentally unstable and almost displaying downright sociopathy when it comes to Michael.

I posted on Twitter the other day in reply to a tweet that Paris Jackson had asked the estate to help out in Puerto Rico. I posted that her father would be proud of her carrying on his legacy and that he had bought up good children with good morals. I got a reply to say that she doesn't have morals and that she has sided with the killers of her father. I have looked down this persons page and she has a lot of hate for the family and his children saying that they have just let the beneficiaries of his will get away with murdering him. I find this quite sad as I don't think Michael would want his fans to be hating on his children and sometimes I think people go too far. What are your thoughts?

People like that are taking things way too far.

To put it bluntly, we are 'just' Michael Jackson fans.
Whatever his kids decide to do is not our business and It is definitely not our place to tell his children what they can and cannot do.

In my opinion, as a fan of her dad, we can only support Paris and show her the same love we showed her dad. The connection Michael shared with us fans when he was here was amazing and people like the woman you just described are doing a very good job at destroying that.

You cant reason with stupidity.

-----------------------

In my opinion, as a fan of her dad, we can only support Paris and show her the same love we showed her dad. The connection Michael shared with us fans when he was here was amazing and people like the woman you just described are doing a very good job at destroying that
-------------------

Well said. Makes you wonder if some of these people were even around or cared pre 09.

As people who are fixed and unopposable in their beliefs and in their self-perceived 'entitlement' to pursue and harass others, this group of fans reminds me greatly of Tom Sneddon and his cronies.

It has been interesting to see in the last few years when Michael has once again been subject to appalling false accusations that these fans have taken up cudgels against the very people who are defending Michael; the Estate and other fans.

They are not 'crusaders for truth' but opportunistic bullies. I guess it is just easier to harass fans than to do something productive and useful with their lives.

I read that Scarlett Johansson and other Hollywood stars will be doing a 'reading' of Thornton Wilders' play 'Our Town', in support of relief efforts for Puerto Rico. I have a feeling that this play was selected as a ripost to Trump, but it is also a ripost to bullies such as these so-called fans.

A particular quotation from the play that I have in mind is this:

“Yes, now you know. Now you know! That's what it was to be alive. To move about in a cloud of ignorance; to go up and down trampling on the feelings of those...of those about you. To spend and waste time as though you had a million years. To be always at the mercy of one self-centered passion, or another. Now you know — that's the happy existence you wanted to go back to. Ignorance and blindness.”

There is also this, which reminds me of Michael (as a poet):

EMILY: "Does anyone ever realize life while they live it...every, every minute?"

STAGE MANAGER: "No. Saints and poets maybe...they do some.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ding-avengers-cast-puerto-rico-relief-1050675

Last edited:
Yes that is way too far, and frankly it's stupid.. Why people get off telling a young woman that lost her father those type of things is tasteless and irresponsible.

Yeah, some of them go too far. Michael once said, "My children are your children and all the children of the world are our children and our responsibility. "
I think that true fans, people who really understood Michael's message to heal the world to make it a better place, wouldn't arrass or insult them.
I'm sure michael is proud of them, and so should we. They are doing everything they can to spread his message and help the world.

Back