Come Together

NuTNC

Proud Member
The Beatles cover in Moonwalker film
8th track of the album HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book I (Disc 2: HIStory Continues)

I love that song,so much better than the original(which is hard to do in any case)I did meet Jennifer Batten some years ago and got her autograph,when I asked her about Michael,she simply replied "He was an amazing guy"

hands down best version of that song.. I have always said Beatles write great music but the execution I never really cared for. I often like covers of there songs better.. Not to knock them, but come on.. this MJ version is freaking bad @$$.

hands down best version of that song.. I have always said Beatles write great music but the execution I never really cared for. I often like covers of their songs better.. Not to knock them, but come on.. this MJ version is freaking bad @$$.

Totally agree. I never rated the Beatles' version once I heard Michael's take on it. Everything about the way he sang it is perfect. His phrasing, his ad libs, his percussive sounds and gritty vocals are SPOT ON. In the video for it, he brings SO much funk and sex appeal to the song (even though the lyrics are very strange and trippy). There is no contest between the two, whatsoever...Michael WINS.

In my humble opinion, Come Together is one of Mikes best songs ever. It's gritty, funky, percussive with an outstanding vocal delivery.

You know what's funny? until not so long ago, I thought Michael was the author of the song ............:innocent: this definitely proves I'm not into the Beatles at all hahaha
Therefore, Michael's version to me is the original :hysterical: and yeah it's WAY better.

You know what's funny? until not so long ago, I thought Michael was the author of the song ............:innocent: this definitely proves I'm not into the Beatles at all hahaha
Therefore, Michael's version to me is the original :hysterical: and yeah it's WAY better.

You know what? Me too. Lool! One day (looong ago), I have heard the Beatles' version on the radio, in the car, and thought "what a lame cover!"

You know what? Me too. Lool! One day (looong ago), I have heard the Beatles' version on the radio, in the car, and thought "what a lame cover!"

The exact thing happened to me too years ago. The style of the song is so far from what I associate with The Beatles that I thought it must be some kind of cover by some band that sound like them. But no, it was the original lol. Even the lyrics seem to fit Michael better. Well, unless you take into account the "weird songs" period (what I call it anyway) of The Beatles. I really don't like the song all that much, but whatever awesomeness there is in that song, Michael squeezes all of it out. He was great at covering songs, even though he rarely did it.
I would have liked a cover album by him, when he would gotten a little older. Like a swing album or jazz or something along those lines.

Love Mj's version of the song, used to listen a lit to it when it was released as the b-side to Remember the time :)

Back