Alleged Reconstruction of MJ's Nose

Steven1990

Proud Member
In an article from The Daily Telegraph (2009), Dr. Arnold Klein claims to have worked on reconstructing MJ's nose using fillers, since it was damaged so much according to the doctor. Here is the article.
There is a picture of Michael Jackson's face from 2009, contrasting a before and after situation. Here is the photo. In this picture, Michael looks younger (again), I can't put my finger on it, but his eyes look much more relaxed, his nose thicker.

What do you think with regards to Klein having tried to help Michael look better. Did you see any differences? If so, what exactly?

I personally believe Michael Jackson looked great during the later years of his life, especially This Is It.

I don't feel obliged to explain myself; however, I do want to express my admiration for Michael's physical appearance throughout his entire life. This thread is not a look-how-much-he's-changed kind of a discussion, but merely an opportunity to discuss and share ideas with people who also believe Michael looked good but are also willing to respectfully discuss the topic. If you feel you can't positively contribute to this thread, please take your responsibility by preventing the discussion from becoming a heated argument.

Don’t know about the merits of Arnold Kleins claims.

However there was a definite improvement in his nose and overall appearance after 2001. I think 2001 was his lowest point appearance wise, especially around the release of Invincible.

He looked much better in 2004/05/06/07 right up until he died.

Re: Alleged reconstruction of MJ's nose

However there was a definite improvement in his nose and overall appearance after 2001. I think 2001 was his lowest point appearance wise, especially around the release of Invincible.
He looked much better in 2004/05/06/07 right up until he died.

I definitely agree with the point you're making. I don't know why exactly, but Michael looked younger the months before and during This Is It. I always wonder if others have noticed this too. Whereas his face looked rather tense at times, his face looked much more natural then. It might also have to do with the choice of make-up.

Anyway, what do others think?

I agree 2001 was by far the worst. His face barely moved at all, as could be seen in the MTV special and the YRMW video. I think somebody did something to improve the overall appearance after that, especially at the beginning of the trial MJ looked much healthier.

Don't know about the thing, but don't compare pics taken from different angles.

Depends on what you compare. If you just contrast the lipstick, it doesn't matter if you take, let's say, a right or left angle. The general point I'm making above is the opinion that Michael looked better towards his final years (in comparison to the late 90s and early to mid 2000s).

His nose def changed from 2001-2009.. and yes, his face did not move the same around that 2001, his upper lip hardly moved.. and in Rock My World there was at least one part that his face was CGI for sure..

That said, I've drawn Michael several eras so in that regard notice many changes over the years in his face from various angles.. But as we all know, it's a fine line between open conversation and 'disrespectful' on an MJ forum and this thread will probably eventually be closed.

I just don't want to be to blame for that lol

That's the first i ever heard about yrmw. I'm gonna have to watch it for the first time in probably 10 years just to see if i can find the part you're taking about.

Look at 2:18-2:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-7ABIM2qjU

You can clearly see the CGI, the skin texture changes, and his face morphs as he walks.. you pause it at 2:19, they totally F'd up making his face look real while angle changes from profile to semi behind shot.

I don't see any CGI. That's how he looked around that time and the makeup may make him look slightly different. They did use heavy makeup and the fedora was often covering his face because the director was a douche and didn't like his face. I don't understand why MJ didn't just fire him.

I can't see it either. The video isn't very clear though. Its only 480p.

I can't see it either. The video is just blurry all the way through...

2001 must have been a facelift gone wrong. Michael couldn't even smile back then. It saddened me to see him like that.
I think he looked great around 2006-07. During the WMAs, for ex, he looked so sweet and healthy :love: Don't know what there had been done, but it was nice!

I never could really understand what happened to his appearance between History and Invincible. Atleast during the 90s I could see the resemblance to his 80s look, but the 2000s looked way different.

and what about this!

6emdo3.jpg

QTcZQ0S.jpg

krMgIIz.jpg

Last edited:

^ Well yeah, he definitely got work done.. lol!

You can even see the difference from late mid 90's to early 00's, early 00's to '09..

Don't know about the thing, but don't compare pics taken from different angles.
Yeah...a nose looks different from different angles, surgery or not:lmao:

Depends on what you compare. If you just contrast the lipstick, it doesn't matter if you take, let's say, a right or left angle. The general point I'm making above is the opinion that Michael looked better towards his final years (in comparison to the late 90s and early to mid 2000s).
The subject is MJ's nose, in which case Invincible777 is right

His nose def changed from 2001-2009..
I don't see much of a difference during those years

and what about this!

6emdo3.jpg

QTcZQ0S.jpg

krMgIIz.jpg

What about it? You're comparing pictures that are 20 years apart...we all know he had his nose done, but what's the point of this post?

^ Between 2001 and 2009 the difference is more so in the nostrils, if you look at 30th anniversary for example compared to 2009/This is It. the skin was fairly thinner in 2001. I haven't looked back at dissected the difference for a while, but when I do examine for drawing purposes - I do see the difference..

I do feel a bit weird talking about this only because I don't want it to come off disrespectful. I hope people understand we are just speaking on a topic that people do talk about..

Back