Bad world tour

valeryjackson

Proud Member
Michael Jackson's first solo world tour.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dates:
September 12, 1987 - January 27, 1989

The "Bad" tour spanned the globe with stops in 15 countries on 4 continents, and included 123 concerts to about 4.4 million loving fans.

Creation:
Show Conceived & Created by: Michael Jackson
Bad Tour Choreographed by: Michael Jackson
Assistant Choreographer & Staging: Vincent Paterson
Set Designed by: Tom McPhilips
Lighting Designer: Allen Branton
Director of Security: Bill Bray
Hair & Make-up: Karen Faye
Personal Management by: Frank Dileo
Assistant to Michael Jackson: Jolie Levine

Interesting Facts:
The "Bad" World Tour is Michael Jackson's first ever solo tour.

Michael's 1987 - 1989 "Bad" World Tour is the largest tour in history! This tour is also the highest grossing concert tour ever, grossing over US$ 125 million, more than any other entertainer has ever grossed on a single tour!!!

One "Bad" concert in Yokohama, Japan in September 1987 at Yokohama Stadium was recorded by Nippon TV and later televised in many countries. Also televised was Osaka and Tokyo

During the "Bad" tour stop in Sydney, Australia, on November 20, 1987 Stevie Wonder made a surprise appearance on stage. Michael and Stevie performed "Just Good Friends" live as a special treat for the lucky fans!
On March 3, 1988 Michael performed a "private" concert at New York's Madison Square Garden. All the proceeds were donated to the United Negro College Fund. Tickets for the show could not be purchased at ticket box offices.

A special lottery system determined who was to receive tickets. During the show, Michael hit the headlines for kissing Tatiana Thumbtzen on stage during a great performance of "The Way You Make Me Feel". [Tatiana Thumbtzen is known from her appearance in Michael's "The Way You Make Me Feel" video clip].

On June 16, 1988 Michael performed a sell-out concert in Basel, Switzerland. Amongst celebrities at this show are Elizabeth Taylor and Bob Dylan. While in Basel, Michael met with Mrs. Oona Chaplin, the widow of one of Michael's all-time heroes, Charlie Chaplin. The Chaplin family moved to Vevey, Switzerland in 1953 [when they purchased the elegant Manoir de Ban on Lake Geneva], during Oona's pregnancy with their fifth child, Eugene.

On September 8, 1988 Michael received a special award by London's Wembley Stadium management for setting a new record for playing more dates at Wembley Stadium than any other artist!! His 7 sell-out concerts were attended by 504'000 people. A distinction that earned him another entry in The Guinness Book Of World Records.

During the "Bad" tour, Michael performed "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" live on stage with background singer Sheryl Crow.

At every "Bad" tour stop, during "She's Out Of My Life", one lucky girl was allowed to dance with Michael on stage.

Dancers:
Randy Allaire
Evaldo Garcia
Dominic Lucero
LaVelle Smith

Tour Photographer:
Sam Emerson
Harrison Funk [rejoined Michael in Europe 1988]

Average setlist: Setlist
1.Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
2.This Place Hotel (The Jacksons cover)
3.Another Part of Me
4.She's Out of My Life
5.I Just Can't Stop Loving You
6.I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There
(The Jackson 5 song)
7.Rock With You
8.Human Nature
9.Smooth Criminal
10.Dirty Diana
11.Thriller
12. Bad Groove
13.Workin' Day and Night
14.Beat It
15.Billie Jean
16. Bad
Encore:
The Way You Make Me Feel
Man in the Mirror

Source: Michael Jackson Trader and wikipedia

Well, you inverted the setlist: I Just Can't Stop Loving You comes before She's Out of My Life.
Also, in the US leg, Tokyo 1988 and LA 1989 shows, Human Nature and Smooth Criminal were performed right after Another Part of Me.

Back