Just Good Friends

valeryjackson

Proud Member

"Just Good Friends" is a song from American recording artist Michael Jackson's 1987 album Bad. The song is one of two duets on the album, the other being "I Just Can't Stop Loving You". The song features Jackson and American musician Stevie Wonder quarrelling over a girl in a light, cheerful manner. "Just Good Friends" is the fifth track on Bad with a duration of 4:08. It and "Speed Demon" are the only two tracks from the album never to be released as singles.

"Just Good Friends" is one of only two songs on Bad which were not written by Jackson himself, the other being "Man in the Mirror". The song was written and composed by the 80's song writing-partnership of Terry Britten and Graham Lyle.

Written and composed by Terry Britten and Graham Lyle
Vocal duet with Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder
Synthesizer solo: Stevie Wonder
Drums: Ollie E. Brown, Humberto Gatica and Bruce Swedien
Drum programming: Cornelius Mims
Guitar: Michael Landau
Saxophones: Kim Hutchcroft and Larry Williams
Trumpets: Gary Grant and Jerry Hey
Percussion: Paulinho Da Costa
Synclavier: Christopher Currell
Synthesizers: Michael Boddicker, Rhett Lawrence, Greg Phillinganes and Larry Williams
Rhythm, synthesizer and vocal arrangements by Terry Britten, Graham Lyle and Quincy Jones
Horn arrangement by Jerry Hey

Re: Just good friends

Poor song and the only track on BAD I dont like.

I actually like this song a lot. It's fun and I can literally hear the excitement in Michael's voice, as he sings it.
Any collaboration between two such greats of the music industry as these cannot be a bad thing, in my opinion.
As far as collaborations go, I much prefer this one to "The Girl is Mine", for example.

I actually like this song a lot. It's fun and I can literally hear the excitement in Michael's voice, as he sings it.
Any collaboration between two such greats of the music industry as these cannot be a bad thing, in my opinion.
As far as collaborations go, I much prefer this one to "The Girl is Mine", for example.

Couldn't agree more. It's so much better than TGIM and his excitement truly shines out through every note :D

Just good friends has got to be one of my favorite cuts from Bad & from his entire catalog. Very, very dear song to me :heart:

I always felt JGF's the weakest song on the album. This better should have been the cd only bonus track while LMA being a regular album track. Just my two cents.

I always felt JGF's the weakest song on the album. This better should have been the cd only bonus track while LMA being a regular album track. Just my two cents.

thinking about it, Stevie wonder would fit perfectly on Leave Me Alone as a feature. Now that would have been Badass (pun inteded)

Was never too keen on this song. Of all the other songs recorded in the BAD sessions, I'm rather surprised they went with this one for inclusion on the album.

Back