Songs and videos that prove MJ's love for blackness

FullLipsDotNose

Proud Member
In my opinion:

Bad short film - depicts microaggressions and black excellence
Liberian Girl - references to Africa as well as Swahili chant (did Michael know any Swahili by the way?)
Remember the Time short film - all-black cast, references to Africa
Black or White short film - references to Black Panthers, smashing windows with Nazi and KKK symbols
Scream - mentions violence on black people
They Don't Care About Us - references to Martin Luther King

Mamase Mamasa Mamakusa - makossa is a Cameroonian style of dance music.
We Are the World - USA for Africa
The Way You Make Me Feel - chasing a black woman
Remember the Time - chasing a black woman
In the Closet - with a black woman
Liberian Girl - If Liberian, probably a black woman
Just Good Friends - duet with a black man
I Just Can't Stop Loving You - duet with black woman
Scream - duet with black woman/sister
Why - collab with black boy group/ nephews
Hold My Hand - duet with black man
Whatzupwitu - duet with black man
Collabs with black rappers e.g Notorious B.I.G, Shaquille o-Neal, Aqil Davidson, Heavy D
Andrae Crouch Choir - Man in the Mirror, Will You Be There, Keep the Faith, Earth Song (the short film references African people with traditional clothing observing the destruction of their homeland)

Well, I once read he perferred to do interviews only with black people cuz he didn't trust the "white media".

Well, I once read he perferred to do interviews only with black people cuz he didn't trust the "white media".

Michael always made sure that any video that he released was premeried on BET(Black Entertainmet Television) simentanously with MTV and VHI. I don't know of any other entertainer who did this. Let's not forget that Michael was the biggest entertainer in the world and could have easily gave MTV exclusive rights. He refused to do that. Michael also always gave interviews with Ebony, Vibe, Jet, Right On,etc. when he refused to do interviews with Rolling Stone and other mainstream magazines.Rolling Stone even offered to do TWO back to back covers and Michael refused. Michael ALWAYS was proud of his heritage and showed it in his music, videos, etc. some people in the media and public conveniently chose to ignore that fact. Now that he is no longer here, those same people see what AWARE fans have always seen and known.

The amazing thing is, he always said he was proud of being black. It was the press who started that he wasn't proud of who he was and unfortunately a lot of the public feel for it. If I had to pick any video or song, it would be Remember the Time and D.S. ( a whole lot of truth he's telling in that song) and They
Don't Care About Us. And the of course his own statements on how proud he was of his heritage.

Didnt have to prove anything. Only the white establishments agenda against him.

This thread is ridiculous. He said many times that he was proud to be a black American but without denying others, Michael loved everyone whatever the skin color. This is turning into a thread black vs white people. It's like i'm opening a thread: "Michael prefers white people because his wives were ALL whites". The guy with his list counting the "duet with a black man" is quite funny and depressing at the same time.

Last edited:
Nobody mentioned black vs white but you =/. IDK why pple (most white fans) get offended when we [black fans] talk about Michael's BLACKNESS and his love for HIS PEOPLE. He was BLACK [not sure if you all forget his lack in pigmentation was due to vitiligo but I'm here to remind you] and there is NOTHING wrong with him admiring and showcasing his love for his heritage and nothing wrong with his fans discussing it. Pro black isn't anti anything else =/. Get a grip and get over it because quite frankly I'm tired of hearing about it. Just like that fan who photoshopped that blonde hair and blue eyes on him. It's disgusting and disrespectful. Y'all better find a reality check and find it fast. And bringing up his wives is irrelevant... this post is about his love for his heritage and not who he decided to marry. So your little analogy made no sense. Not to mention the last time I checked he wrote a song called 'Liberian Girl' and not 'White Girl'. Now check that.

Last edited:
I'm going to take a different approach to answer this.. we are talking about a black man that was groomed in the Motown machine.. the music he made, have it be R&B, Pop, rock - he did it from the influence that lived within him from black culture/music.. From the way he made music, to the result of his art, the way he spoke, to themes within his music.. Anyone that actually takes the time to pay attention there is no question regarding his love for 'blackness'..

He embraced it in his way of life, his art, and how he expressed himself..

Wesley Snipes

Wesley Snipes has said in interviews that Mike had Afrocentric books at his house.

Back