What do you think of guys who sing like MJ (like this one!) I think it's a must-see

Steven1990

Proud Member
Hey everyone,

What do you think of guys who sing or try to sing like MJ. I usually like it, because it's a way of keeping up Michael's legacy. It shows a sense of pride. That's one way of looking at it, though. Sometimes it sounds awkward.
To illustrate my point, I'd like you to see this video on YouTube. I think it's a great example of a convinced way of singing MJ.

What do you people think? And what do you think of the guy singing MJ in the video on YouTube?

Have a listen https://youtu.be/sZGTr86LSkU :)

nope, double and triple nope, even if hell freezes over nope

when Michael was alive, it was fun, it wasnt mainstream and very few were doing it and you can name on one hand those who used it as their main income source. It was like our secret world, and those who did it back when Michael was alive, when the world had turned it back on him, when it wasnt this cool and trendy thing, when being a Michael fan was hard, had the respect of the fan community. Now though, shrug, any two bit wannabe thinks they can sing like Michael, dance like Michael and put on tribute shows. And the post 09 fans think its cool when all they are doing is copy catting what WE did for Michael

Nope that guy does not sound like MJ. What do I think about them? That they should try to find their own style.

I think he does sound like Michael. It's not close, perhaps he needs more training, but his sound is similar. Michael, of course, is the most famous singer of the world and no one can compare to him. But I like the initiatives people take towards appreciating/admiring/spreading MJ's work.

We don't know Michael personally, but I can safely state that Michael would be proud seeing people getting into singing, into having some sort of mental or physical outlet. Singing can also be a form of celebration. I believe it's wonderful what he's doing. He doesn't claim to be the no. 1 sound-alike. Nor does state wants to be. He's just enjoying singing. That's cool.

Don't think you'll get any closer than Jeffrey Perez when it comes to sounding like MJ:

Last edited:
Jeffrey Perez is also great indeed! So is the cab driver, although he could improve his pronunciation. What I like about that guy in the video I mentioned in the first post is that he has this smoothness to his voice. I hope he's gonna post another video with more snippets soon.

Mate, be honest. Is it you in the video?

Cause the video was just posted and has very few views. I thought maybe it was you and you just didn't want to say. Fair enough, sorry for asking.

SoCav;4211735 said:
Cause the video was just posted and has very few views. I thought maybe it was you and you just didn't want to say. Fair enough, sorry for asking.
Oh, don’t worry. I see. You know, I always look for things like look-alikes and sound-alikes and I filtered the YouTube results and that’s how I found this person.

We don't know Michael personally, but I can safely state that Michael would be proud seeing people getting into singing, into having some sort of mental or physical outlet.
I believe Michael would applaud originality.

He sound pretty good i like it. I believe Michael would enjoy it if he was here.

I mean.. It's not bad, but I would never mistake this for Michael if that's the real question.. After 2009, there has been a few that came around being able to match a pitch or two like Michaels to the point that if they stayed in those 2 registers could trick me.. It's when they try to venture out, than it's like "no that's not how his aggression sounds" or "falsetto way off"..

That said, much better than I can do for sure lol

Steven1990;4211738 said:
Oh, don’t worry. I see. You know, I always look for things like look-alikes and sound-alikes and I filtered the YouTube results and that’s how I found this person.

its you in the video aswell as it being posted very recently, the guys first name begins with an "s" too many coincidences

Back