What Michael would be donig if he was'nt a singer ?

Khaled

Proud Member
In my opinion he could be a goalkeeper because he had a long arms and big hands :D

if Michael wasnt a singer, the family would never have left Gary, so they would be like any other regular family.

have you seen his drawings and paintings? I think he'd still be involved in the arts in some way. either that, or he could be a sprinter!

highly unlikely for someone who didn't like to be thought of in that way. based on what he told the rabbi..

He may be a prolific professional in the creative field. He could have worked on sketches, graphic design, animation; things like that.

He would be an actor and even a voice actor. I always believe he should be a voice actor, his voice acting for "The Simpsons" and for "Ghost" I though he nailed it. I would like that he done voice acting for various anime.

if Michael wasnt a singer, the family would never have left Gary, so they would be like any other regular family.

I don't think it's cutthroat like that. He may have excelled in other areas. I think MJ was always destined to do big and great things

Well lets put this in perspective.. No music, would have meant Joseph wouldnt have pushed him the way he did (taking away his childhood).. That means much of his personality would change. Joe still was a strict disciplinarian and wanted to keep his kids off the street so he probably would have been a little harder, less introverted..

Naturally he was a very out going person (prior to the effects of fame), gifted, and loved being loved!

What he would have done, it could have gone down many different roads, but I'll say I really do believe he would have been driven to do whatever it would be VERY well. I will say though we are saddened by what Michael went through, a lot of what we loved about him was the product of what he went through..

ok, i'm going off on a tangent lol sorry!

Last edited:
if Michael wasn't a singer, the family would never have left Gary, so they would be like any other regular family.
If Joe's music career would have taken off, the family still might have left Gary. But I think his group The Falcons was doing blues, so not as likely to to get mainstream popularity with that. But it's possible to have a successful music career as a blues musician. If Joe had of been a professional musician, he likely wouldn't have been at home much, so Tito would have had less access to a guitar and the J5 might not have happened. It's also possible the later children might not have been conceived with Joe performing a lot if he had been a success.

You know when I first read this question, I thought it would be an easy answer, but the more I reflect and think, it's not.

Who knows where Michael would have been if he wasn't a singer/dancer.

If he wasn't neither of these things, it's quite likely he wouldn't have been abused by his father to the degree that it would scar him. I do believe Joe would have been a normal father figure who occasionally whipped his kids for discipline purposes. Like it or not this is how the times were back then.

With that said, we'd have a Michael who wasn't traumatized by abuse.

Additionally, he probably would have succeeded with having normal adult relationships more often. He was exposed to sex at a very young age and that is sure to have played a role in how he developed.

His love of children probably would not have been as strong. I recall seeing a video of Michael back in 1979 or 80 when he was in his earlier 20s mentioning he loved children. This rough upbringing combined with everything else made his heart sensitive to children.

Tbh, although his life was sad, I wouldn't have it any other way.
Musically, he's a hero when it comes to persevering through difficult times.

If Michael was not a singer he would have when into movie producer or playing in movies Michael loved Walt Disney remember when Jane Fond said that there was a part in a Peter Pan movie that was coming up and how Michael want to play the part so bad Jane said he was so excite that was around in the 80s i think when Michael was young. I really believe that what he would have done the singing was Joe dream. If Michael could have done This Is It like Michael said he would have left the stage and got into movies and spend more time with his kids. Michael never called his songs video we all know he called them short films Michael wanted to do a beginning, middle and a end. I agree that as Michael was growing up it was rough for him he was not able to follow his dreams. That why Michael always say never give up on your dreams Michael did not have that choice to follow his dreams.

6b9c7b19fbca69405414488cdb613969--janet-jackson-michael-jackson.jpg

I think he said this it in his book 'Moonwalk' once but I cannot remember for sure :doh:

Back