I need clothes for my Michael doll

Dunk96

The Queen HBIC
So I bought a Monster High male doll with the intentions of making it over into a little Michael. I've hit somewhat of success with the hair. It took me two and a half hours last night to individually glue on pieces of yarn onto a cap I made to fit the doll and brush it out to make it look like hair.
CTRtV6o.jpg

lVSGybm.jpg

Since taking these pictures,I've obviously painted in the cap and around some of the hair to conceal the pink duct tape I used to assemble the cap. But now that I've got the hair,little Michael obviously needs clothes. I made an attempt to construct loafers and a fedora out of foam but it was just not working. I have absolutely diabolical sewing skills and I'd like to have my doll to have nice looking clothes. I don't really want to buy the clothes off eBay because I'm not too sure if they'll even fit the doll. So I'm turning to you guys to see if you can help me get in contact with someone who can make clothes for my doll. I'll measure him and get proper measurements of his head and body so that they can be measured to fit his body and I will pay for the clothes (nothing too astronomical. I don't make much to spend lavish amounts of money on clothes for a doll) Thanks to anyone who's able to help me out.

^^ha! That's kinda interesting. Is his hair really yarn? It looks like hair to me.
Are you going to paint his eyes brown? :)

^^ha! That's kinda interesting. Is his hair really yarn? It looks like hair to me.
Are you going to paint his eyes brown? :)

I'm a terrible painter/illustrator so it's highly unlikely I will paint his eyes brown unless I were able to send it to someone for them to repaint to look like Michael. But it's for my own personal collection so I imagine it's not going to happen unless I magically got rich lol. And yes the hair is really yarn. I followed a YouTube tutorial by Mozekyto and she used acrylic yarn to make her doll hair.

And the reason why I'm so uncomfortable with buying doll clothes on eBay is that they're specifically made for the Hot Toys figures and I don't want to fork out $30+ to buy the outfit only to have it not fit my doll. I know it would've been easier to just buy an actual Michael doll but they're not as cheap as they were before he died. Ever since he died all of his stuff on eBay and elsewhere has stayed at a higher value because he's such a viable cash entity and he's stayed that way almost ten years since he's died.

I guess you could try a site like etsy and maybe commission a few for the exact dimensions of your doll.

I guess you could try a site like etsy and maybe commission a few for the exact dimensions of your doll.

I've thought about that but I'm not sure of who on Etsy does MJ commission outfits for dolls.

Back