Sound quality on these songs?

RIP_2009

Proud Member
hi,
I wanna ask some sound quality questions on certain tracks.
I was wondering if Earth Song album version have been released in better sound on any compilations since first issued on History in 1995?
Same goes for Come Together short/long version?
And songs like Give In To Me.....the best sounding one is still the Dangerous - special edition that is almost 20 years old?
A lot has happened regarding sound quality on CDs since History and cd single release since early 90s

RIP_2009;4214008 said:
hi,
I wanna ask some sound quality questions on certain tracks.
I was wondering if Earth Song album version have been released in better sound on any compilations since first issued on History in 1995?
Same goes for Come Together short/long version?
And songs like Give In To Me.....the best sounding one is still the Dangerous - special edition that is almost 20 years old?
A lot has happened regarding sound quality on CDs since History and cd single release since early 90s

The ‘HIStory’ album (which was released in 1995) is probably the most expensive album ever in terms of mastering costs.

So, the sound quality of ‘Earth Song’ & ‘Come Together’ (the pressings included on that album) is as good as it gets.

Regarding ‘Give In To Me’, the 2001 special reissues only made the song sound louder. They did not even bother to amend the glitches that appear on the 1991 original album version of that song.

In general, when it comes to re-releases, record companies since early 90s for the most part have added only loudness to the original versions of their albums/tracks.

A main reason for that is that they want to bypass the European Union’s measure that limits the increase volume on certain portable music players.

Back