HIStory and Blood On The Dance Floor should be re-released on Vinyl

analogue

Proud Member
HIStory is extremly expensive (On Amazon UK it's being sold for £500) and Blood On The Dance Floor is really hard to find. These really should be re-released on Vinyl. My collection feels incomplete without them.

Wow!! never knew they were going for that much, bit extortionate if you ask me - not that I would sell for that but I have both vinyl versions (box set and normal) which you can spot on one of my MJ shelves in my office.

Totally agree with you. Also want them but the price is just too much for me. And since you opened this thread, does anyone know why they haven't been reissued but Invincible has? It's very odd to me

Sign me up! Those are the only 2 MJ albums I don't own on vinyl.

Most reissues sound bad. I'd rather not buy if it's not the original pressing.

More MJ vinyls need to be available full stop. In the UK it’s only the Quincy trilogy. Not good enough.

Totally agree with you. Also want them but the price is just too much for me. And since you opened this thread, does anyone know why they haven't been reissued but Invincible has? It's very odd to me

My guess is due to cost/lack of high demand. HIStory was three records, which in itself automatically makes the price of the record higher. If they could release it without the "greatest hits" portion that could be more cost-efficient, though I doubt Michael would've wanted that.

Most reissues sound bad. I'd rather not buy if it's not the original pressing.

This is also an issue I've been seeing. I forget where I read this but apparently the reissue of Dangerous uses digital iTunes versions of the songs and not the original master recordings. This seems to happen with other records too. I went looking online for Guns n' Roses' Appetite for Destruction album on vinyl and some reviews claimed that the recent reissue didn't sound as good. Maybe to the casual listener they wouldn't notice but for the die-hard audiophiles I understand the concern.

My guess is due to cost/lack of high demand. HIStory was three records, which in itself automatically makes the price of the record higher. If they could release it without the "greatest hits" portion that could be more cost-efficient, though I doubt Michael would've wanted that.

They've released the album without the ''greatest hits'' portion on CD. So they can do it on Vinyl

Interestingly enough, The Invincible MOV vinyl reissue sounds way better than the original press.

I have a hunch that Branca & Co. are waiting for 2020 to make a big splash 25yo reissue of History. Just wait..

Interestingly enough, The Invincible MOV vinyl reissue sounds way better than the original press.

I have a hunch that Branca & Co. are waiting for 2020 to make a big splash 25yo reissue of History. Just wait..

Haha, because they did that with Dangerous?

Haha, because they did that with Dangerous?

Its a shame about Dangerous not having a propper anniversary project but they did repress it on vinyl. History is such a landmark album that I'm sure it stands as a possibility; Its a multidisc project already and they will need some rerelease in the future. Branca expressed he's a fan of the album, so.. It might not be set in stone but it is the next go to era ripe for marketing.

Its a shame about Dangerous not having a propper anniversary project but they did repress it on vinyl. History is such a landmark album that I'm sure it stands as a possibility; Its a multidisc project already and they will need some rerelease in the future. Branca expressed he's a fan of the album, so.. It might not be set in stone but it is the next go to era ripe for marketing.

Fair enough. I really hope they do it.

The problem with vinyl reissues, is that they use too much. I bet you History would be 6 sides (5 songs each) or 8 sides (As it would be awkward for one record to have the last 5 songs of History Begins on Side A and the first 5 tracks of History on Side B.

So I see 2 records for each album - 4 songs on 6 sides and 2 sides with only 3 songs each. Sounds silly? well (please don't slaughter me) but a certain funky artists, recently deceased and considered a bit similar and nemesis like to MJ had a recent album of 11 songs released on a 2 record set as well.

BODF would be 2 sides, but a single record set with just the 5 good songs on 2 sides would do.

Side A - Blood on the Dancefloor/ Morphine/Superfly sister
Side B - Ghosts/Is it Scary

To spice it up, have Michael as Maestro on Side A and Side B as the Skull! - Too cool - I would buy it.

In the UK, only Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad got re-releases that are available to but in the shops. Other artists are getting their whole back catalogue reissued on vinyl.

The estate are missing out on substantial profit with the recent revival of vinyl records.

yes please a blood on the dance floor vinyl. it the only one i dont have from solo carier...is there anybody from estate who is reading this???

In the UK, only Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad got re-releases that are available to but in the shops. Other artists are getting their whole back catalogue reissued on vinyl.

The estate are missing out on substantial profit with the recent revival of vinyl records.

Agree, where I live, vinyls are getting more and more popular by the day. The state should do a proper marketing study, they're missing lots of oportunities to gain money lol

Back