Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien after 2005

I somewhere read that both didn't want to work with Michael after 2005. Do you guys know anything about this?

I don't think that's true, at least not on Bruce part. They worked together in 2003 and 2004, so i see no reason for him not wanting to work with him post 2005. I don't know about Quincy

Quincy said that he had spoken with Michael on the phone a few months before he passed and that he invited him to London to see his live concert, which Quincy was planning to attend. So I see no reason for them to be unfriendly in 2005, especially since Michael had cleared his name.

Speaking of which, I always wondered what Quincy thought of Michael's post-Bad albums, particularly Dangerous. In Joe Vogel's book, he said that Michael sent a copy of Dangerous to Quincy right before release to get his opinion, and that Quincy reportedly said that it was "a masterpiece." Does anyone know if we have any interviews or magazine snippets from that time where Quincy comments on the Dangerous album?

Typical agenda spin. Why would mj want to work with Q again. he had moved on that ship had well sailed.much more fun for the media etc to say Q wouldnt work with mj like mj had begged him to after all without him mj was nothing!

Who knows about bruce after the comments he had made...

As far as I know Quincy said that RTT was the best track of Dangerous. Don't know more about his opinion on the album. And I know he liked Teddy

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Don’t think this is true at all. Bruce was part of Bad 25 and other MJ documentaries. Quincy was interviewed for Thriller 25 in 2008 when MJ was alive.

We all knew the split between Quincy and Michael started with them disagreeing where music was going in the "future" with hip hop etc. They had different visions.. What happened after that (regarding who wanted to work with who) that's all up to debate.. Quincy if my memory serves me right stated that Michael reached out to him to work with him again years after and Quincy was hesitant because he knew/felt they could not recreate the success they had with Thriller & Bad and felt better to let the legend of the duo live as it is..

People can dispute that, but it's understandable to me.. We can say Quincy made that up but it's a logical thought, and it does seem that Michael was more or less the one that reached out to Quincy post separating just by what things quincy was around for.. Invited to 30th Anniversary, Invited to This is it!

That's pro activeness from Michael! If one were to reach out to another I would assume Michael to Quincy.. Quincy seems to have an ego that would never let him be the one to ask to work together..

We all knew the split between Quincy and Michael started with them disagreeing where music was going in the "future" with hip hop etc. They had different visions.. What happened after that (regarding who wanted to work with who) that's all up to debate.. Quincy if my memory serves me right stated that Michael reached out to him to work with him again years after and Quincy was hesitant because he knew/felt they could not recreate the success they had with Thriller & Bad and felt better to let the legend of the duo live as it is..

People can dispute that, but it's understandable to me.. We can say Quincy made that up but it's a logical thought, and it does seem that Michael was more or less the one that reached out to Quincy post separating just by what things quincy was around for.. Invited to 30th Anniversary, Invited to This is it!

That's pro activeness from Michael! If one were to reach out to another I would assume Michael to Quincy.. Quincy seems to have an ego that would never let him be the one to ask to work together..

Agreed, but I don't think it was just ego. I honestly think that given Quincy's extensive record and achievements before meeting Michael and the age difference, he looked at Michael as a kid in the sense that if the kid decided to part ways then the "parent" surely isn't going to take the initiative to reach out as they expect the younger generation to do so. Now is that ego? Partly sure. But you also gotta remember that technically Michael is the one who "needed" Quincy and not the other way around. So why would Quincy reach out to him anyway.

Back