The best "album song"?

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
I don't mean the songs you like the most or listen to the most, I mean the songs that are really important for an album ?

I'll give you an example:
Will You Be There is one of the songs I really love and I could not image Dangerous without this song!! It's so important for the album imo because it makes it such a classic.
But it's not a song I listen to the whole day because of it's length and intro and so on.
But exactly that makes it such a good album song!!

What are your best "album songs"? ?

Billie Jean on Thriller album. I can’t imagine Thriller without Billie Jean.

Human Nature on Thriller, I love how it shifts the whole mood of billie jean and takes you to a new level sonically. Imo one the greatests achievements on MJ catalog.

Earth Song or Stranger in Moscow for History. Whatever Happens for Invincible. Keep the Faith, Dangerous, Who Is It for Dangerous (Is this cheating lol?), Another Part of Me and SC of course for Bad, BJ, Beat It, Human Nature, The Lady In My Life for Thriller and I Can't Help It for Off the Wall. Sorry for cheating and listing a couple of songs, but I couldn't imagine any of his albums without these songs.

Definetly can't listen to History without Tabloid Junkie. Such a funky track by Jam & Lewis

Break of Dawn off Invincible, an incredible slow jam, bedroom ballad. His voice is incredible and it is just a high point on Invincible and starts a run of 6 excellent songs in a row.

Lady in my life off Thriller - just think it is a really sweet song, a cute ballad and has a strong melody and I love his voice - the line "Don't you go nowhere"

I agree too when someone else said "Will you be there" great gospel feel and the pleading part in it.

Man in the Mirror on HIStory

:tongue:

Ye I know lol!

Back