Interview with Macaulay Culkin (new)

Annita

Proud Member
Macaulay Culkin / Cameron Esposito

Macaulay Culkin considers himself retired, dabbling in whatever he chooses at any given time. It's understandable he would want to settle down, considering he was one of the most famous people on the planet by the age of ten. Mac tells Marc about the struggles and the joys of his acting days, much of which was shaped by people like John Candy, John Hughes, Michael Jackson and Mac's father. Also, comedian Cameron Esposito returns to the garage to talk about the recent bus tour she took with her wife. This episode is sponsored by Casper and Stamps.com

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-883-macaulay-culkin-cameron-esposito

next time maybe some more details so people dont have skip through the whole interview?

Skip to: 1:07:50

Its so cool to hear Mac explain so clearly the nature of MJs attachment with youth and children.. Mac turned out to be a pretty level headed adult himself and still protective of MJ and invested in the truth.

Last edited:
I love hearing these stories. I miss him so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

next time maybe some more details so people dont have skip through the whole interview?

Skip to: 1:07:50

Hello,

We really don't think there is the need for such attitude, some may want to just listen to it all and then maybe post where he talks about MJ, we ask if you can cool it a little as it does nothing to the community spirit here.

However, thanks for posting the time to skip to.

Best,
Team MJJCommunity

Macaulay Culkin on His Bond With Paris Jackson: ''She Is Beloved by Me''
http://www.eonline.com/news/908312/...-bond-with-paris-jackson-she-is-beloved-by-me

Macaulay Culkin is an open book about his life, but there's one area that's off limits—his relationship with goddaughter Paris Jackson.

During a stop at Marc Maron's WTF podcast, the one-time actor opened up about a range of private topics, including the physical and emotional abuse he endured as a child at the hands of his father (who has denied the abuse), "manic" episodes, his former life as a child star and his unlikely friendship with Michael Jackson.

But during the candid conversation, Culkin, who is dating actress Brenda Song, was particularly guarded about his relationship with the King of Pop's offspring, particularly MJ's model daughter.

When asked about his friendship with them, he said, "I am close with Paris."

But the 37-year-old quickly put up a barrier, telling the GLOW star (who had not asked for more details) that he has a private relationship with the model that he did not want to delve into.

"I'm going to warn you now I am very protective of her so just look out," said Culkin. "I am a very open book when it comes to things but like with her, she is beloved by me..."

To counter the defensiveness, Maron said, "I'm not looking for any dirt."

Culkin continued, "I’m just letting you know if we want to start going down that road it’s going to be a dead end you know, but I mean that in the fact that I love her so much."

When the host asked how she's doing, Culkin said, "She’s tall, and beautiful and smart. It’s great."

The conversation then moved on to Culkin's hosting Saturday Night Live at age 11.

Much has been made about Culkin's close bond with Jackson, whom he's been photographed with many times over the last year.

In July, the Home Alone alum, who had previously showcased a fresh new look, and his goddaughter got matching tattoos

The two were photographed getting inked at the Tattoo Mania parlor in West Hollywood. Hours later the pair hopped on social media to show off their matching spoon tattoos on their arms.

Michael, who died at age 50 in 2009, was friends with Culkin for many years. The actor appeared in the singer's 1991 music video "Black or White" and visited his Neverland Ranch several times as a kid with his family.

Reporting by Hiba Bary

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018...-struck-me-as-odd-i-never-felt-uncomfortable/

Macauley Culkin opens up about relationship with Michael Jackson: “It never struck me as odd. I never felt uncomfortable”

screen-shot-2018-01-22-at-5-20-22-pm.png

Former child star Maculey Culkin discussed his friendship with Michael Jackson in a new interview with Marc Maron, Consequence of Sound reports.

Culkin claims that his relationship with Jackson, who was charged with seven counts of child molestation in 2003 before being acquitted, was never inappropriate or uncomfortable.

“He was my best friend growing up for a good, fat stretch of my life,” he said, detailing how he first met Jackson backstage at a performance of The Nutcracker at the Lincoln Center. Jackson was with his good friend and future President Donald Trump at the time they met.

Maron grilled Culkin on Jackson’s behavior, and while Culkin admited that Jackson was “emotionally young,” he framed it innocently.

“He enjoyed my youthfulness. He liked being a kid with me,” he said. “It never struck me as odd. I never felt uncomfortable. That was just the way he was.”

He also provided a bit of insight into Jackson’s mindset in his final years. “He didn’t wanna go back home. Everything in his life felt tainted,” he said. “That was what happened with that last trial [in 2005], everything felt tainted. The only thing that was important to him was his immediate family.” Culkin then revealed he’s the godfather of Jackson’s daughter, Paris.

He also discussed his own father. “We didn’t like each other,” he said. “He was a bad man. He was abusive, physically and mentally. I can show you all my scars if you want to. He was a bad dude.” Culkin said his father’s abuse extended to the rest of his family, too, and briefly touched on what forgiveness looks like in a situation such as that.

I really have always liked the respect he gives Michael.. and now his children! his protectiveness over Paris is very sweet..

Back