Dangerous tracklist board

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
Here's a part of an article I read:

Michael used to write song titles on stickers and place them on a board, but every day the titles would change. “He takes a song off, replaces it with another, changes the order of the titles…Every time I look at the board, something has been changed,” Bruce Swedien recalls.

I would love to know more about that tracklist change, but couldn't find more information besides of songs that had been considered. Hope you can help me

Slave To The Rhythm;4215462 said:
Here's a part of an article I read:

Michael used to write song titles on stickers and place them on a board, but every day the titles would change. “He takes a song off, replaces it with another, changes the order of the titles…Every time I look at the board, something has been changed,” Bruce Swedien recalls.

I would love to know more about that tracklist change, but couldn't find more information besides of songs that had been considered. Hope you can help me

I came across that post many years ago as well, it was on a forum where Michael's studio collaborators answered fan questions after his passing. And I also had the same questions but couldn't come up with anything. Hopefully someone might..

There's video of that board, I think in an ET report. If I remember correctly, it shows MJ and Bruce Swedien working on the tracklist. It was just a few very brief shots though. I'm not sure if it's on YouTube, but I downloaded it on this forum back in the day.

There's video of that board, I think in an ET report. If I remember correctly, it shows MJ and Bruce Swedien working on the tracklist. It was just a few very brief shots though. I'm not sure if it's on YouTube, but I downloaded it on this forum back in the day.

Any idea where I can find it? ?

Found it! Seeing it now, I'm not sure if they're actually sticking the track names to a board. Still, they're working on the tracklist. :) If you pause it you can see some song names (She Drives Me Wild, WYBT, Dangerous, CLHGA).

Back