Writing a book about MJ

MJFAN222

Proud Member
Hey yall,

I've always been so interested in writing a book about Michael - one really aimed at the fans and none of this nonsense mistaking Marlon for Randy in childhood photographs or tabloid fueled story lines.

I know there's a heck of a lotta publicity/ copyright issues, especially regarding the use of photographs (don't you have to pay the photography/company each time you use a photo and gain profit from the work its featured in?)

Just wondering if anyone has any insight how to go about this - especially the use of names and photographs. Wouldn't it be the dream to have a really amazing book that's especially filled with great photographs a part from those in the top 20 of a google search.

Lotsa love

Hey and welcome to MJJCommunity (y)

That seems like a cool project, you know! Yeah, when it concerns 'publishing' and 'earning a buck' on it, copyright infringement is something to look out for.

The only thing I know for sure is that you can't use Michael's full name as in "Michael Jackson" as this is somehow 'copyrighted'.
So, you rather use only 'Michael' or a nickname that suits him. :cool:

I know cause I have written and published several books and Michael got a 'nickname' in my novels.

Good luck with your project and please do 'research' the copyright stuff for the pictures.

Would you 'self publish' or contact an agent to publish by a well known publisher?
As the publishing company or/and your agent can help you with the copyright stuff.

Hope that helped in anyway!

Thanks so much Daryll!

Woah, if Michael's whole name is copyrighted that's gonna make things real difficult.

Just wondering how have other unauthorized (non-fiction) biographies managed to get published while still using his full name - especially in the title of the book! :eek:

Nice idea. I agree Daryll748. You could also use your title similar to a song name of Michaels (Maybe mixed together) something to relate to him. Please keep us updated!

That would be a great read. Fan books are always amazing in the community.

Personally I like the idea! In which language are you planning to write it? English? Please, keep us updated

Back