Which Songs Should Have Had Their Own Short Film?

michaelsfedora

Proud Member
Not sure if this topic has been discussed yet but, what do you think? Personally I'd say Dangerous and Unbreakable, those 2 songs have so much potential for a short film!!

Re: Which songs should have had its own short film?

that is so adorable!

What Ever Happens

This time around from HIStory

Dangerous, unbreakable, why you wanna trip on me, butterflies, threatened, whatever happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh jeez,

Unbreakable - the concept that was explained sounded great
Whatever Happens
Privacy

I mean the Invincible era was totally missed in that regard.. Aside from that most songs worth putting into the set list to his tours, could have had videos.. He and his team obviously felt they deserved attention on stage sooo....

I remember wishing that short "human nature" portion of Moonwalker had a full video..

She Drives Me Wild, a black and white short film with MJ in a ponytail with a movie like filmography and a great dance sequence!

Break of Dawn
streetwalker
dangerous
Money
Unbreakable
butterflies

Off The Wall
Working Day & Night
Get On The Floor
I can't believe both of these songs weren't released as singles. Both had major hit potential and both deserve to be released with an epic short film.

Thriller
Wanna Be Startin Somethin- Should have had a music video similar to Dirty Diana & Give In To Me, where Michael is performing it live on stage.
Human Nature- That moonwalker section should have been an actual short film.

Dangerous
Dangerous- I know the plans were there to release Dangerous as a single with a music video but sadly those plans never materialised due to the allegations.

Invincible
Unbreakable
Heartbreaker
Threatened
Break Of Dawn
Butterflies
2000 Watts

She Drives Me Wild, a black and white short film with MJ in a ponytail with a movie like filmography and a great dance sequence!

I've always imagined a video for that in color, with MJ in a night club on stage singing. His "love interest" seen doing different things around the city, dressed sexy as hell as she makes her way to the night club to meet up with Michael at the end of the song.

As for other songs:

OTW- Get On The Floor, Off The Wall & I Can't Help It
Thriller- Human Nature & Lady In My Life
Bad- none, pretty much everything done with that album was done
Dangerous- She's Driving Me Wild-(see above), Keep The Faith & Dangerous
HIStory- None
BOTDF- Morphine & Is It Scary-(a full length video instead of a small blip like in the Ghosts movie)
Invincible- Unbreakable, Break Of Dawn, Don't Walk Away, Whatever Happens & Threatened
Ultimate Collection- We've Had Enough
Thriller25- For All Time

I'm very satisfied with the short films we got. Although I must admit I always wanted to see films made for,

I Can't Help It, maybe a studio video or a rare live performance
Dangerous, I know there was plans. Thankfully we the incredible live performances with arguably the greatest choreography ever seen
Tabloid Junkie, this could have been so cool, MJ breaking TV's and being mad

Special mention for Liberian Girl, I have a soft spot for that short film and how it was so different but I always wish we had a version with Michael singing to a beautiful woman, like Naomi or Iman, on a beach somewhere and just see Michael show a softer side to himself. Perhaps a better version of You Are Not Alone in the Bad era really.

Special mention for Liberian Girl, I have a soft spot for that short film and how it was so different but I always wish we had a version with Michael singing to a beautiful woman, like Naomi or Iman, on a beach somewhere and just see Michael show a softer side to himself. Perhaps a better version of You Are Not Alone in the Bad era really.

I like how this sounds! Michael singing on a beach, gently, all romantic........it's perfect for him :blush:

Well I wish Liberian girl & Who Is It was different. Those Songs are 2 Beautiful For That. But Lady In My Life & butterflies

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

I like how this sounds! Michael singing on a beach, gently, all romantic........it's perfect for him :blush:
I'm About To Play Liberian Girl over the video

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

A real music video for Is It Scary would have been insane!

What do you mean "REAL" music video. We had one.

We had Ghosts the short movie and an amalgamation of 2Bad/Ghosts/Is It Scary. Besides Is It scary only played for like a minute and it was just him dancing as a skeleton. I'm talking about a music video specifically for that entire song. That would have been amazing

We had Ghosts the short movie and an amalgamation of 2Bad/Ghosts/Is It Scary. Besides Is It scary only played for like a minute and it was just him dancing as a skeleton. I'm talking about a music video specifically for that entire song. That would have been amazing

Oh ok i understand.

Heartbreaker with Britney Spears. I read a long time ago there was allegedly a treatment by Brett Rattner, detailing MJ chasing Spears through NYC and Miami.. Lots of iconic buildings, limos, jets, nightclubs, etc.. Would look nice if done by Dave Myers or Hype Williams

Break of Dawn - not too sexy like "You are not alone" but would like to see Mike is longing for someone badly :blush:

I wish The Lady In My Life had been a single as it's my favourite song I would have LOVED to see Michael do a short film for that. Ditto Threatened and 2000 Watts.

For songs that actually did have a release,

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' and P.Y.T.

And I wish Liberian Girl had more Michael init because wow he was beautiful at the end of that video.

D.S

I can see it now

The video takes place in a court room, with a Tom Sneddon look a like. Michael is sitting on the stand, while singing the song, and then halfway through Slash kicks down the door, and plays his guitar solo in Sneddon's face. And then Michael gets up for the dance routine, and the jury becomes backing dancers

I'd like to have seen a video for Just Good Friends - could you imagine how much of a party that would be? A nice and fun video with Michael and Stevie, who could ask for more? :)

D.S

I can see it now

The video takes place in a court room, with a Tom Sneddon look a like. Michael is sitting on the stand, while singing the song, and then halfway through Slash kicks down the door, and plays his guitar solo in Sneddon's face. And then Michael gets up for the dance routine, and the jury becomes backing dancers
Whoa shit! I just pictured that in my head. I would've loved that idea but i don't think he wouldve ever done it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Whoa shit! I just pictured that in my head. I would've loved that idea but i don't think he wouldve ever done it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

To be fair, I wasn't being 100% serious with my idea

D.S

I can see it now

Analogue, you know you've had that visual in your head for YEARS!! lol

I laugh cuz I know that feeling, when you just SEE a video in full and are like "WHYYYY don't they just make it?"

Analogue, you know you've had that visual in your head for YEARS!! lol

I laugh cuz I know that feeling, when you just SEE a video in full and are like "WHYYYY don't they just make it?"

Theresa no way Michael would not get sued if this this short film was made

Honestly surprised he didn't get sued for the song in general haha

Back