Forum game Best unreleased song?

Mogul

Proud Member
To me Blue Gangsta or Hollywood Tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She Was Lovin Me/Chicago

The Demo is so badly produced and the vocals were a bit flat in the untouched demo,
but when you listen to Timbalands version or the Rock version of 2010 you really can hear the potential of the song itself.
A rock version produced with Michael beeing alive would have been so great! Guess I would love it as much as Give In To Me (sort of comparable as a rock version)

Xscape is also very good!

And my favorite would be: We've had enough (but I guess that one counts as released.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Price Of Fame
A Place With No Name (demo not that terrible remix)
Someone Put Your Hand Out
Xscape

Someone Put Your Hand Out and it's probably my favorite ever MJ song.

Unreleased by who? By Michael? Or just unreleased?

Because almost all songs that have been mentioned here have been officially released, except Serious Effect and Hot Street.

And some like Someone Put Your Hand Out, For All Time and We've Had Enough have been released by Michael himself.

From unreleased songs I really like Man in Black, Faces and Family Thing from the leaked long snippets.

From short snippets Get Your Weight Off Of Me and Rampage sound amazing and very promising but we really can't be sure.

From leaked songs I like I Am The Loser the most.

From unreleased songs I really like Man in Black, Faces and Family Thing from the leaked long snippets.

From short snippets Get Your Weight Off Of Me and Rampage sound amazing and very promising but we really can't be sure.

From leaked songs I like I Am The Loser the most.

I don't think family thing has been leaked. I think that was a remake.

Because almost all songs that have been mentioned here have been officially released, except Serious Effect and Hot Street.

And some like Someone Put Your Hand Out, For All Time and We've Had Enough have been released by Michael himself.

I mean unreleased when he was alive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When was for all time released ive got a brain freeze

Thanks. I'll have to go look cause for the life of me i dont remember at all.

Best of Joy

I'm so in love with this song.
But one thing is unclear to me.
Was it realy entirely recorded in 2008 or did MJ just recorded additional vocals then?

Best of Joy

I'm so in love with this song.
But one thing is unclear to me.
Was it realy entirely recorded in 2008 or did MJ just recorded additional vocals then?

Michael worked on it with Brad Buxer and Theron "Neff-U" Feemster before (don't know the exact year but some time before 2008). Then in 2008 when Michael was working with Michael Prince alone he wanted to revisit three songs. One of them was Best Of Joy and Michael recorded the whole song in 2008 with Michael Prince. Also what was recorded in those last sessions are "I Was The Loser" line for I Am A Loser (just that one line in the chorus) and I think one more song that was left un-named. Those were the very last recording sessions for Michael. Nothing was recorded in 2009 (except some material to be played "live" for This Is It). That is all according to Michael Prince.

This is what I was thinking, too. Lol.

Mine would be "Streetwalker", probably. Then there are some mysterious titles of songs that I've never actually heard, but would like to hear, like Michael McKellar and California Grass....if those songs actually exist.

Michael worked on it with Brad Buxer and Theron "Neff-U" Feemster before (don't know the exact year but some time before 2008). Then in 2008 when Michael was working with Michael Prince alone he wanted to revisit three songs. One of them was Best Of Joy and Michael recorded the whole song in 2008 with Michael Prince. Also what was recorded in those last sessions are "I Was The Loser" line for I Am A Loser (just that one line in the chorus) and I think one more song that was left un-named. Those were the very last recording sessions for Michael. Nothing was recorded in 2009 (except some material to be played "live" for This Is It). That is all according to Michael Prince.

@OnirMj
Thank you for that. Hopefully more Songs from the last years are complete enough for a release. Do you know something about "Adore You" or "Rocker"?

This is a bit tricky for me because some songs are not as high on the list as they would be if they were actually finished.. So it's a two fold, I could judge by the rhythm, style, and what I can hear or do I include the audio quality that we are aware of?

For example Men In Black sounds funky, cool rhythm, the vocal styling is on point.. Now the instruments used, that's where I lack real judgement. I can't tell what they are using for the 'hits' and how that would sound. The rhythm of the instrumental actually has similarities to 'Monkey Business' and if they use the same bass - that would bring life to the song far beyond what we hear on the leaked portion..

The only reason why I'm giving it that much thought is the one critique I can give to some unreleased songs is a specific SOMETHING to the instrumental to pull it off the page a little more.. If that makes sense.. I sit there thinking, (as an example) this song is awesome, if finished and if that instrument was more of a bass sound over a sharp snapping sound - would be perfect!

I'll digress, some songs that have good potential or are great as is.. and yes, partially cuz it's top of mind right now..

Men In Black
It's A Family Thing
Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me

@OnirMj
Thank you for that. Hopefully more Songs from the last years are complete enough for a release. Do you know something about "Adore You" or "Rocker"?

No and No.

I recommend everyone to listen to this amazing interview. The questions could have been better but the amount of knowledge and mind blowing information Michael Prince shared in this interview is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyhcomSb9SA

Just a tease: Did you know that Michael re-recorded some vocals for Stranger in Moscow and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' in 2009 to be played during This Is It?

If it is songs not released pre-2009 my list would be:

People of the World
Much Too Soon
Loving You
Price of Fame

Back