Men In Black: How Finished is it?

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
Guess all of you heard the leaked snippet of Men In Black. Sadly there are so many opinions out there about how finished it is. Does anyone know details? Did Bryan Loren ever said something about it? Would love to know that
(If possible post the source too! ?)

Re: Men In Black: How finished is it?

I'm pretty sure there is a more complete version in existence. I think Bryan Loren played a demo version of the song in case it was leaked (like what has happened)
I would guess there's a more complete version because the song was registered in 1990/91 and it was known as being first single for the Decade album (which was complete and very close to release in 1990) I think the style of the album changed when Teddy came on board and it didn't fit with the other songs.
I hope there is a more complete version released one day, because I can't get enough of this snippet and also Ghost Of Another Lover

Here is an expert from a website I found about all the Bryan Loren titles, including Men In Black

Men In Black
According to Bryan Loren, this title is actually inspired by the film of the same name, as MJ heard of the plans of Steven Spielberg. In Paris, Loren played a demo version - an instrumental in which Michael sings only the chorus. However, it is assumed that there must be a more complete version, as "Men in Black (early demo)" allegedly together with "Too Much Monkey Business" and "Black or White" on a so-called "Flight Only" promo CD ten Sony Music representatives were presented to present this a first taste of "Dangerous" (during a flight from London to Neverland in 1991, the alleged insider info).

A "Music First" seminar participant was thrilled with this song - especially the bassline and Michael's energy in this title. The influence that Bryan Loren had on the "Dangerous" album can be heard well in "Men In Black".

https://translate.google.com/transl...-unveroeffentlichten-songs-mit-mj/&edit-text=

This 3-track CD was a hoax by Cartman (the other fellow, next to Birchey, who was arrested in 2011).

I don't know because there are so many information out there. some people say the 3-track CD never existed, some say Men In Black was recorded or created after the Decade idea was already over and they wanted to work on an album of new material (would mean it never could have been on a promo cd for Decade)

But some people definitely heard the song and can say how completed it is. Who were the people who stated in interviews that they heard it?

Which 3-track CD? :/

167136_original.jpg

A more complete version of the ‘Men In Black’ song exists.

Adrian Grant, a very reliable source, heard a more complete version of it back then & he particularly praised MJ’s vocals on that song.

Besides, the ‘Decade’ compilation album (with ‘Men In Black’ in its final tracklist) was pretty much finished, with a 40-page booklet as well, but that release was eventually cancelled due to new plans for a brand new studio album.

mj_frenzy;4216014 said:

Adrian Grant, a very reliable source, heard a more complete version of it back then & he particularly praised MJ’s vocals on that song.

Pretty sure he heard the same. Even Bill Bottrell didn't hear more of it while he was at Record One when MJ and his staff were (once again) experimenting with new technologies. And Bryan Loren giving contradicting statements is just like Teddy Riley's "search" for a never-to-be-found version of "Joy" sung by MJ.

The 3-track CD in the picture and the hoax auction by Cartman are fake.

Pretty sure he heard the same. Even Bill Bottrell didn't hear more of it while he was at Record One when MJ and his staff were (once again) experimenting with new technologies. And Bryan Loren giving contradicting statements is just like Teddy Riley's "search" for a never-to-be-found version of "Joy" sung by MJ.

Sadly I guess so too... Don't believe more of it was ever recorded

mj_frenzy;4216014 said:

Besides, the ‘Decade’ compilation album (with ‘Men In Black’ in its final tracklist) was pretty much finished, with a 40-page booklet as well, but that release was eventually cancelled due to new plans for a brand new studio album.

What did Adrian Grant exactly say? Does more complete mean a releasable version oder just a few more vocals?

180204041732978012.jpg

I just found these notes that I took, the first time MJ came into our office at Gallin Morey, and played his newly completed “Dangerous” album. He played it in our conference room and blasted it as loud as it would go. I had goosebumps listening to all of the songs! I wrote down what I thought the names of the songs were. Lol. As you can see, I got a few of them wrong. These were the songs that Michael originally submitted to go on the album...and they all sounded AMAZING. I guess it kind of helped that he was there while it was playing. “Give In To Me” stood out the most for me in this session. The lyrics were more bold, sexy and powerful than anything he had ever recorded. I think I was too stunned to even write that one down, but I will never forget it. I was in a daze of excitement.
Shana Mangatal

I think it was not a demo or version without verses.

Are you saying Joy doesn't exist either?

Yes
"Joy" already leaked in february 2016.
Its still on youtube...

Korgnex;4216018 said:
Pretty sure he heard the same. Even Bill Bottrell didn't hear more of it while he was at Record One when MJ and his staff were (once again) experimenting with new technologies.

They did not hear the same version.

Bill Bottrell heard (during those Record One recording sessions) a version of ‘Men In Black’ without MJ’s vocals on it, only the music which he described it as cool.

“I heard ‘Men in Black’ endlessly through the doors at Record One. I can't remember how it goes, but it was cool… I never heard vocals on the song [‘Men In Black’]...They dealt with tech issues more than I would have tolerated” (Bill Bottrell)

Adrian Grant heard a more complete version of that song which included MJ’s vocals.

Slave To The Rhythm;4216023 said:
What did Adrian Grant exactly say? Does more complete mean a releasable version oder just a few more vocals?

It means a longer version of the song (as compared to that leaked teaser).

Yess i guess he said that, but I truly believe it exists and thought Riley found it?

English is not my first language, but I consider myself to be average or even better than that in understanding it (both speaking and writing). But when Korgnex is writing something, I don't understand a thing. He is always so mysterious and secret like he's speaking in codes. It seems to me that he knows everything (or almost everything) but doesn't really want to share it with us so he's speaking in codes. Or my English is just very bad and I just don't understand him.

So Korgnex, please in plan English:

1. Are you saying that Teddy Riley is lying and that Joy doesn't exist? And why would you think that? Do you have any source to think that?
2. Are you saying that Promo Flight CD never existed at all? Or just that that copy of the physical CD is fake and made by that South Park character guy?

Thanks!

Yess i guess he said that, but I truly believe it exists and thought Riley found it?

Yeah. That has been a known fact for years. And Teddy and many other collaborators confirmed that. I don't know why would he say differently.. So this was kind of shock to me because I love that song and I'm dying to finally hear MJ's version of it.

Korgnex is very arrogant and selfish...

Men In Black has at least a completed sound.. If Michael thought it was complete, that's a different story.. It seems to possibly have a slightly slower tempo than what we've heard in snippets too. maybe!

Men In Black has at least a completed sound.. If Michael thought it was complete, that's a different story.. It seems to possibly have a slightly slower tempo than what we've heard in snippets too. maybe!

Do you mean with sounds the instrumental or with lyrics?
And yep that's true :D
How do you know that it might be slower than the leaked snippet?

Before the song over overdubbed with another when Michael Prince played it - that split second we hear before it cuts away sounded clearer and if I recall correctly just gave a step slower sound.. Very slight difference from what i remember..

There is only one unfinished version of that song. this song is not good at all. so much hype because Loren said that it was supposed to be the lead single.

There is only one unfinished version of that song. this song is not good at all. so much hype because Loren said that it was supposed to be the lead single.

Welcome back!

I've heard this song its really not very good and the snippet we have as already mentioned is pretty much the main foundation of the track

Back