Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are there songs where Michael sang flat?

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 142
    Overall activity: 35.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,147 Times in 1,613 Posts

Default Re: Are there songs where Michael sang flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike J View Post
    Yep I believe Bruce stated for Rolling Stone that MJ stormed out of the KTF session crying like mad..
    SOmethng unrelated but do you have Hi-res pictures of that photoshoot with Matthew Rolston?

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive

Level
    Thanks

Default Are there songs where Michael sang flat?

Quote Originally Posted by Themidwestcowboy View Post
    Really, you think so? How Come? Nobody should get offended by someone simply stating their opinion.
    It's very difficult to explain why I don't like the song and think it's one of his worst. English is not my mothertongue and it's always also a matter of what you like. But of course I'll try to explain it

The song was written by R. Kelly which you can clearly hear.
    But if I compare it to his other songs like You Are Not Alone or also Cry I would rate them all over One More Chance.
    I also believe that Michael did know that it's not one of his best. He would have never given it to Sony after all what happened to put it on a Compilation album. He tried to keep the songs away from Sony at that time. So I always wondered why he should release this if he worked on an album and wanted to put his best songs on it. So maybe it wasn't one of his faves (just guessing here!)

For me One More Chance sounds very dated and not in a positive way like the songs of Bad or Dangerous.

The song has a very simple melody but not in a good way. I love Heal The World which sounds great because it's so simple. While one more chance is just not creative in my opinion. More like a song which could have been written by nearly everyone in the early 2000s.

The phrase "One More Chance" with adlibs is repeated 20 times.
    A layered voice sings this phrase, so there are no real lead vocals. For me that sounds always a bit weak and powerless. (And yeah I know it's a slow song &#128512
    I think this type of Chorus was used way to much on Invincible on songs like Break Of Dawn)

His voice fits the verses so vocally it's good. But it's also not a song which is difficult to sing.

So my main problem is the melody and the simple and repetitive chorus

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Slave To The Rhythm For This Useful Post:

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Slave To The Rhythm View Post
    It's very difficult to explain why I don't like the song and think it's one of his worst. English is not my mothertongue and it's always also a matter of what you like. But of course I'll try to explain it

The song was written by R. Kelly which you can clearly hear.
    But if I compare it to his other songs like You Are Not Alone or also Cry I would rate them all over One More Chance.
    I also believe that Michael did know that it's not one of his best. He would have never given it to Sony after all what happened to put it on a Compilation album. He tried to keep the songs away from Sony at that time. So I always wondered why he should release this if he worked on an album and wanted to put his best songs on it. So maybe it wasn't one of his faves (just guessing here!)

For me One More Chance sounds very dated and not in a positive way like the songs of Bad or Dangerous.

The song has a very simple melody but not in a good way. I love Heal The World which sounds great because it's so simple. While one more chance is just not creative in my opinion. More like a song which could have been written by nearly everyone in the early 2000s.

The phrase "One More Chance" with adlibs is repeated 20 times.
    A layered voice sings this phrase, so there are no real lead vocals. For me that sounds always a bit weak and powerless. (And yeah I know it's a slow song ��)
    I think this type of Chorus was used way to much on Invincible on songs like Break Of Dawn)

His voice fits the verses so vocally it's good. But it's also not a song which is difficult to sing.

So my main problem is the melody and the simple and repetitive chorus
    Kudos for this, this is a very well written and formulated opinion. We'll have to agree to disagree on this on (and Blood on the dancefloor lol).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends25000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks

These topics....lol lord i miss the old days

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to michaelsson For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Overall activity: 66.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,016 Times in 435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsson View Post
    These topics....lol lord i miss the old days
    I feel you, I miss the old days too brother

But this is a good topic, I thought it was another interesting thought from Themidwestcowboy (his threads are always awesome)

Hopefully the old times will roll again if or when the Estate release something new and inspiring to talk about
    Last edited by SmoothCriminal1995; 14-02-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Lol, I'm sorry. It's a drought guys.. I'm missing the old days too. We have to help each other to keep things interesting here while we wait something official

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Themidwestcowboy For This Useful Post: