Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MJJCommunity Seeking New Person/Admin To Run Things.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 963
    Overall activity: 43.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,920 Times in 910 Posts

Default MJJCommunity Seeking New Person/Admin To Run Things.

Hi Guys,

If you had not noticed I have been spending all but no time here, posting, mingling etc

Over the last couple of months/years due to the incessant hate etc I get for nothing more than wanting to try my best to either keep the place going on the shoe strings or to inject activity, I have lost a little interest. However, I will always love and honour MJ and MJJC, I am very proud of what I (from a tech and organisation point of view as I know MJJC is nothing without you guys) have created and still to this day this place is special to me, as I am sure it is many thousands of you.

I have over the last few months been thinking of closing and moving on away from the MJ community and MJJCommunity, however, there is always this pull of what I promised directly to MJ (yep we spoke) so rather than jump ship and close I want to find that someone special to run things here, I will still, of course, be the owner and founder, but I want to leave the running of the place to someone else (no medling from me), just one person to take this place forward, now the criteria is simple, you need to be majory active here, tolerant and enthusiastic about MJ and MJJC, bringing in a new and vibrant feel to the place, in short, you will have overall control in what happens around the place I will just leave you to it, success will be your goal by taking MJJC into a new era.

I want to hand over the whole day to day admin and running/organisation of MJJC to that long-term dedicated MJ/MJJC fan, you will be admin, have admin rights you can set the tone, decide on the forum sections, which to keep which to go, you can decide who is wanted here and who is not, how many mods you, I will not stand in your way - for me if its best for MJ and for MJJC that's all that matters.

So those of you who feel you can make a massive difference and put MJJC back in the number one place its always been drop me a line.

To apply simply pm or email me on gaz@mjjcommunity.com

So let me know guys...

Many Thanks
    Gary
    MJJCommunity Owner And Founder
    Making that change for Michael since 2001
    Loyal fan since 1978
    Follow me on Twitter

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsThree Friends

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,597 Times in 598 Posts

Default Re: MJJCommunity Seeking New Person/Admin To Run Things.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    Hi Guys,

If you had not noticed I have been spending all but no time here, posting, mingling etc

Over the last couple of months/years due to the incessant hate etc I get for nothing more than wanting to try my best to either keep the place going on the shoe strings or to inject activity, I have lost a little interest. However, I will always love and honour MJ and MJJC, I am very proud of what I (from a tech and organisation point of view as I know MJJC is nothing without you guys) have created and still to this day this place is special to me, as I am sure it is many thousands of you.

I have over the last few months been thinking of closing and moving on away from the MJ community and MJJCommunity, however, there is always this pull of what I promised directly to MJ (yep we spoke) so rather than jump ship and close I want to find that someone special to run things here, I will still, of course, be the owner and founder, but I want to leave the running of the place to someone else (no medling from me), just one person to take this place forward, now the criteria is simple, you need to be majory active here, tolerant and enthusiastic about MJ and MJJC, bringing in a new and vibrant feel to the place, in short, you will have overall control in what happens around the place I will just leave you to it, success will be your goal by taking MJJC into a new era.

I want to hand over the whole day to day admin and running/organisation of MJJC to that long-term dedicated MJ/MJJC fan, you will be admin, have admin rights you can set the tone, decide on the forum sections, which to keep which to go, you can decide who is wanted here and who is not, how many mods you want, even old bans if you want to unban them and welcome them back it is your choice, I will not stand in your way - for me if its best for MJ and for MJJC that's all that matters.

So those of you who feel you can make a massive difference and put MJJC back in the number one place its always been drop me a line.

To apply simply pm or email me on gaz@mjjcommunity.com

So let me know guys...

Many Thanks
    Gary
    You have done a great job!!
    Mike's PYT

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to terrell For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 135
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

It's sad to see one of the good guys forced into stepping away and it's disgraceful that you have had to deal with so much rubbish over the years, from ungrateful people. Sometimes this "job" is an all-consuming and thankless task and of course, you ultimately have to do what is right for yourself, Gaz....there's no use forcing the passion, if it's no longer there. You have done an amazing job, over a very long period of time and Michael would be proud of all you have achieved. I wish you all the best, as you move towards a new chapter of your life, both online and offline.
    "To give someone a piece of your heart,
    is worth more than all the wealth in the world"
    ~Michael Jackson~

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    It's sad to see one of the good guys forced into stepping away and it's disgraceful that you have had to deal with so much rubbish over the years, from ungrateful people. Sometimes this "job" is an all-consuming and thankless task and of course, you ultimately have to do what is right for yourself, Gaz....there's no use forcing the passion, if it's no longer there. You have done an amazing job, over a very long period of time and Michael would be proud of all you have achieved. I wish you all the best, as you move towards a new chapter of your life, both online and offline.
    Ok Mikky put a great idea over to me on email (many thanks) instead of just one we have a group of three admins running the place making decisions organising things etc etc, Mikky if you want to throw your hat into the mix as the first that would be great, I also have on my short list two others in mind who I will PM.
    Loyal fan since 1978
    Follow me on Twitter

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 1,452
    Overall activity: 74.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 693 Posts

It’s not gonna be the same with you stepping down as Admin. of MJJC, I was really happy to get to know you a little better. But with all this craziness and the crap going on along the way which maybe unforgivable, but I can’t blame you for your decision to step down. I do hope someone will fill in the shoes to over the Admin. position and will do a fantastic job. I can still I consider you one of my finest friends I ever had. Seems like a new chapter will begin.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 421
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,248 Times in 542 Posts

I want to thank you for everything you've done for the MJ fan community. I know harsh words have been exchanged between us in the past,but it's irrelevant to the incredible things you've done to keep this site & community thriving in the aftermath of Michael's passing and even before that. You've built an empire and you should definitely be proud of the things you've accomplished. Thank you so much for creating this space and creating this haven for MJ fans.

VIMEO: https://vimeo.com/vivacitystudiosinc INSTAGRAM: @thegr8forever

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neverland-ranchdressing For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 171
    Overall activity: 23.0%
    Achievements:
    Three Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,279 Times in 1,250 Posts

I wanted to stop back in and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this site. Not an easy job to be sure and time changes things, which the man himself would understand and thank you. Wishing you peace and joy Gaz.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Culture changes, fashion change, customs change, great music is immortal." - MJ

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SarahJ For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Overall activity: 59.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SarahJ View Post
    I wanted to stop back in and thank you for all your hard work and dedication to this site. Not an easy job to be sure and time changes things, which the man himself would understand and thank you. Wishing you peace and joy Gaz.
    Gaz I've been coming to mjjc for what must be well over 10 years with one username or another. As a clue to one of my aliases i once sold you the mj opus for cost, rather than profit from it. We haven't always agreed but it's clear that this place would be nothing without your dedication and its sad that you'll step back from the day to day running. Mj doesnt have many online focal points for dedicated fans and this has been imo the best site for a long, long time. I hope that doesn't change. Once upon a time I visited many times a day and would have happily volunteered but I have a young family now and can't guarantee to dedicate the time it would need to do it properly. I hope the right candidates come forward. Whatever happens here on mjjc i wish you well.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MJTruth For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

like a few others, myself and Gaz have not always seen eye to eye. It was personal disagreements between myself and Gaz which lead to me not being here on MJJC for about 7 years and Ive only recently come back.

The fan community has always been like that, personal differences between fans,both in real life and online but the glue that holds us all together is Michael.

While I know myself and Gaz will never be friends, and in fact since I came back we agreed to not even interact here on MJJC I have to show respect for the creation of MJJC and the longivity of the site.

Its been a huge resource for the fan community and some of my happiest memories of the online fan community are those short few months of insane happiness between March 2009 and June 25 2009 here on MJJC.

Despite my personal issues with Gaz and decisions that were made with the running of MJJC during 2009/ 2010/ 2011/2012 it has always been a place I have recommended to people.

I just hope that you find a way to keep the website and the huge amount of Michael HIStory online, even if the forum becomes inactive (no I wont be that cruel, but I do remember Gaz)

Whatever Happens, Dont Let Go of MJJC

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to moonstreet For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 445
    Overall activity: 47.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger Second Class10000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,814 Times in 3,011 Posts

Gaz-you have done an incredible job and Michael would be quite proud.
    I'm very thankful that the first online forum I ever found back in 2012, was this one. And it was just a lucky, fortunate accident.
    It has given me many great moments of pleasure and I really thank you.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to barbee0715 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 798
    Overall activity: 94.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsCreated Blog entryVeteranTagger First Class25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,000 Times in 1,512 Posts

Red face Re: MJJCommunity Seeking New Person/Admin To Run Things.

I just want to say that I think you made a tough decision there.
    Sometimes life blows you in another direction and it's time to 'move on' and I do totally get it.

It makes me a little sad that you need to do this but if you feel it's the right thing to do then you just GO for it! You taught us to be free and to always do what you love to do!

Besides, MJJC will always be my home and it will always have a special place in my heart.
    Yeah, I know you don't see me here often as I'm always 'rocking' the Social media

So, thank you for creating this awesome place and just a ' haven' for us to continue to uphold and honor MJ's legacy and that is what we'll do as we promised Michael

MJJC Social Network Admin
    www.mjjcommunity.com

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daryll748 For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsThree FriendsOverdriveTagger Second Class
    Level
    Thanks

Ok Mikky put a great idea over to me on email (many thanks) instead of just one we have a group of three admins running the place making decisions organising things etc etc, Mikky if you want to throw your hat into the mix as the first that would be great, I also have on my short list two others in mind who I will PM.
    Sign me up, Gaz! I would be honoured, if the community is willing to give me a go!

For the members who are scratching their heads and thinking to themselves, who is this newbie: I was a foundation member of the beautiful online MJ Fan Club, Forum and Podcast, Positively Michael, which was started by a group of awesome, talented, passionate people who broke away from MJFC. Gaz had the pleasure of some warm communications and networking opportunities with the owners/administrators of "PosMike" as we affectionately called it and he and I have met each other through our communications on this site and on twitter and Facebook.

I was a moderator on Positively Michael for almost four years, before it (sadly and unfortunately) closed down. During the last eighteen months or so of its life, I was more or less running the site on my own, keeping the traditions and the vibe going that we, as a community, were committed to, right from the beginning. Since the site shut down, the PosMikers have been scattered around....searching for each other, I guess and searching for a new MJ Fanmily....a place to call "home". Some have landed here and some, in other places. I have divided my time between MJJC, twitter, the LSA MJ forum (lawd), as well as some MJ Fan Facebook groups (I am an Administrator of a few of them).

I am no stranger to what it takes to keep a forum running smoothly.....ensuring that the flow of communications is active, fresh, fun, welcoming, warm and free of stress! So if the beautiful community here is okay with it, I will do my utmost to keep the traditions of MJJC alive, whilst at the same time moving the site forward.

My vision....my dream for any MJ fan community, really, is to make it a safe haven.....a place where everyone can come together for the sake of celebrating their love and admiration for one amazing man. May it continue forever more and may THE FORCE be with us.

Last edited by Mikky Dee; 07-02-2018 at 03:56 AM.
    ~Michael Jackson~

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Mikky Dee For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mikky Dee View Post
    Sign me up, Gaz! I would be honoured, if the community is willing to give me a go!

For the members who are scratching their heads and thinking to themselves, who is this newbie: I was a foundation member of the beautiful online MJ Fan Club, Forum and Podcast, Positively Michael, which was started by a group of awesome, talented, passionate people who broke away from MJFC. Gaz had the pleasure of some warm communications and networking opportunities with the owners/administrators of "PosMike" as we affectionately called it and he and I have met each other through our communications on this site and on twitter and Facebook.

I was a moderator on Positively Michael for almost four years, before it (sadly and unfortunately) closed down. During the last eighteen months or so of its life, I was more or less running the site on my own, keeping the traditions and the vibe going that we, as a community, were committed to, right from the beginning. Since the site shut down, the PosMikers have been scattered around....searching for each other, I guess and searching for a new MJ Fanmily....a place to call "home". Some have landed here and some, in other places. I have divided my time between MJJC, twitter, the LSA MJ forum (lawd), as well as some private and/or closed MJ fan Facebook groups (I am an Administrator of one of them).

I am no stranger to what it takes to keep a forum running smoothly.....ensuring that the flow of communications is active, fresh, fun, welcoming, warm and stress free! So if the beautiful community here is okay with it, I will do my utmost to keep the traditions of MJJC alive, whilst at the same time moving the site forward.

My vision, my dream for any MJ fan community, really, is to make it a safe haven.....a place where everyone can come together for the sake of celebrating their love and admiration for one amazing man. May it continue forever more and may THE FORCE be with us.

Hi Mikky, superb news...

So happy that I can rely on you to take this place into a fresh and new journey in honour of Michael and MJJC, I am sure you will fit like a sparkly glove around here and I'm so very confident in your knowledge and ability in running a popular fan club like MJJC.

I believe I have another solid yes which will announce as soon as possible, so its just finding that third person to be a part of the new team for MJJC.

Of course I will continue to be owner of MJJC, I will continue to host it for free (of course if anyone wish to donate to help, sorry could not resist to put that here) from a tech standpoint if you wish to get me for any issue bugs or changes to the core workings of the site simply email me on gary@mjjcommunity.com

With that said let's all welcome Mikky to the admin team off MJJCommunity, I thank her massively to taking this on and I wish her and the other two (soon to be announced) my very best in continuing with MJJC success.

P.S. To all the messages here, I am very grateful and thankful you all have and continue to enjoy the place, I know out there will be haters who will read them and jump on the 'oh here we go let's polish gaz'a ego' this however could not be any further from the truth for me personally and clearly they don't know anything about me, I have never done this for myself hell this has been one thankless task with way to much crap thrown in my direction lol, at times I may have reacted rashly or eaten up by my passion for MJ and MJJC come across badly, but I sincerely mean that I only ever did this for MJ for MJJC and the fans.

Oh and moonstreet (don't worry I won't use your real name hahaa) don't worry about it, its all water under the bridge, but thank you, we certainly do go a longgggg way back so it will never be something that I would cause problems over.

So guys I will be making the changes over this week, if you have any issues you will see them on the site leaders page - http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showgroups.php
    Loyal fan since 1978
    Follow me on Twitter

26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gaz For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Hi Mikky, superb news...

So happy that I can rely on you to take this place into a fresh and new journey in honour of Michael and MJJC, I am sure you will fit like a sparkly glove around here and I'm so very confident in your knowledge and ability in running a popular fan club like MJJC.

Of course I will continue to be owner of MJJC, I will continue to host it for free (of course if anyone wish to donate to help, sorry could not resist to put that here) from a tech standpoint if you wish to get me for any issue bugs or changes to the core workings of the site simply email me on gary@mjjcommunity.com

With that said let's all welcome Mikky to the admin team off MJJCommunity, I thank her massively to taking this on and I wish her and the other two (soon to be announced) my very best in continuing with MJJC success.
    Thank you for your kind welcome, Gaz.

It's good to know that you will still be in the background as a safety net for the new team (probably sipping beers on a beach somewhere....LMAO).

Just checking your e-mail....you've put it here, as gary@mjjcommunity.com but at the top of the thread, it's gaz@mjjcommunity.com

Is that just a mistake, or have you actually changed your e-mail, because I need to know that S.O.S. e-mails will actually reach you! Bahahaha!!
    Last edited by Mikky Dee; 07-02-2018 at 10:24 AM.
    ~Michael Jackson~

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

I haven't been here long with this time around but I would like to say a big Thank You to you Gaz for providing us with this place, for loving Michael and for being very welcoming when I first joined. This can't have been an easy decision for you to make. Take care x x x (p.s. can't believe you actually got to speak to MJ!).

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cats-whiskas For This Useful Post: