Dangerous: Earlier version of the album tracklist

Slave To The Rhythm

Proud Member
VictorMacBernik postet this in another thread. What is know about this?

180204041732978012.jpg

I just found these notes that I took, the first time MJ came into our office at Gallin Morey, and played his newly completed “Dangerous” album. He played it in our conference room and blasted it as loud as it would go. I had goosebumps listening to all of the songs! I wrote down what I thought the names of the songs were. Lol. As you can see, I got a few of them wrong. These were the songs that Michael originally submitted to go on the album...and they all sounded AMAZING. I guess it kind of helped that he was there while it was playing. “Give In To Me” stood out the most for me in this session. The lyrics were more bold, sexy and powerful than anything he had ever recorded. I think I was too stunned to even write that one down, but I will never forget it. I was in a daze of excitement.
Shana Mangatal

Do we have more information about this specific day when MJ came into that office at Gallin Morey?
What date was it?
Is she a reliable source?
What is known about the mentioned tracks that didn't make the album in the end?

"Get Up" = "Jam"
"Lying To Myself" = "Who Is It"
"Out Of The Closet" = early title for "In The Closet" (when MJ wanted a duet with Madonna)

last 2 songs are incomplete demos

According to Shana MIB was 6 minutes. Well, that's the same playtime of what Bryan Loren played in France, too.

"Get Up" = "Jam"
"Out Of The Closet" = early title for "In The Closet" (when MJ wanted a duet with Madonna)

According to Shana MIB was 6 minutes. Well, that's the same playtime of what Bryan Loren played in France, too.

Very interesting! Thank you!
Do you also know when this took place?
I wonder when WYBT, WYWTOM and SDMW were recorded
Before that listening event or afterwards

Slave To The Rhythm;4216118 said:
Is she a reliable source?

I cannot tell about the validity of her alleged romance with MJ, but when it comes to stuff like that Shana Mangatal is a reliable source because of her access to many exclusive areas at that time.

She also revealed the reasons behind the use of an impersonator on the ‘Who Is It’ music video & also why that video came out with two different official versions.

As the secretary at the Gallin Morey company during that period, she definitely knows a lot of exclusive, reliable information concerning the ‘Dangerous’ era (album, music videos, tour, etc).

About ‘In The Closet’, the original title of that song was ‘Coming Out Of The Closet’.

mj_frenzy;4216138 said:
I cannot tell about the validity of her alleged romance with MJ, but when it comes to stuff like that Shana Mangatal is a reliable source because of her access to many exclusive areas at that time.

She also revealed the reasons behind the use of an impersonator on the ‘Who Is It’ music video & also why that video came out with two different official versions.

As the secretary at the Gallin Morey company during that period, she definitely knows a lot of exclusive, reliable information concerning the ‘Dangerous’ era (album, music videos, tour, etc).

About ‘In The Closet’, the original title of that song was ‘Coming Out Of The Closet’.

Interesting. Can you tell us about the who is it stuff??

MJTruth;4216139 said:
Interesting. Can you tell us about the who is it stuff??

MJ was not satisfied with the way he looked on the ‘Who Is It’ music video, while the shooting of that video was still in process.

He telephoned Mangatal immediately. He asked her if it was possible to change the way he looked on that video (in the post-production stage, or, even by re-shooting it from scratch).

Mangatal contacted Sandy Gallin about MJ’s request. Sandy, in turn, contacted Sony.

But Sony refused to re-shoot that video (or to make changes in the post-production stage) because its shooting had already cost a fortune.

So, MJ decided not to shoot the rest of that video’s scenes, resulting in the use of an impersonator by David Fincher (who was the director) for those remaining scenes.

MJ also asked from Sony to re-shoot his first scenes but Sony refused again. These disagreements eventually led also to that version of the ‘Who Is It’ video that first aired in the USA (which was a mixture of past music videos & live performances).

mj_frenzy;4216142 said:
MJ was not satisfied with the way he looked on the ‘Who Is It’ music video, while the shooting of that video was still in process.

He telephoned Mangatal immediately. He asked her if it was possible to change the way he looked on that video (in the post-production stage, or, even by re-shooting it from scratch).

Mangatal contacted Sandy Gallin about MJ’s request. Sandy, in turn, contacted Sony.

But Sony refused to re-shoot that video (or to make changes in the post-production stage) because its shooting had already cost a fortune.

So, MJ decided not to shoot the rest of that video’s scenes, resulting in the use of an impersonator by David Fincher (who was the director) for those remaining scenes.

MJ also asked from Sony to re-shoot his first scenes but Sony refused again. These disagreements eventually led also to that version of the ‘Who Is It’ video that first aired in the USA (which was a mixture of past music videos & live performances).
Karen Faye that Michael had a job to complete that's why he didn't shoot the rest.

"Get Up" = "Jam"

How do you know that this two songs are Jam et Who is it.
---
So 1 november is the date that Black Or White should be released ?

Can no one give me more information on that listening event? Any sources for that? Can't find something in Google. Really want to know more about it.
On what date did Michael submitted this tracklist?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Can no one give me more information on that listening event? Any sources for that? Can't find something in Google. Really want to know more about it.
On what date did Michael submitted this tracklist?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

We don't know man. It's just a photo Shana mangatal posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Get Up" = "Jam"

I believe you no question but how do you know that Get Up and Lying To Myself are those two songs? I can't hear the word Get Up in the Jam demo once even tho it sounds logical and who is it also doesn't include this phrase in it's lyrics

Thanks in advance!!

Slave To The Rhythm;4216635 said:
I believe you no question but how do you know that Get Up and Lying To Myself are those two songs? I can't hear the word Get Up in the Jam demo once even tho it sounds logical and who is it also doesn't include this phrase in it's lyrics

Thanks in advance!!

“And it doesn’t seem to matter [...] cause I’m lyin to myself.”

Thanks in advance!!

Teddy riley says "you wanna get up... you wanna get up?" In his vocoder voice through Jam! Heard clearly in the first minute of the song.

Keep in the closet was supposed to be a duet with Madonna but she wanted him to dress as a woman and her as a man for the video which he obviously refused.

From my understanding it was more the play on "in the closet" play on words that Madonna wanted to do that Michael objected..

He knew people questioned his sexuality and tried pretty hard not to feed into that.

Back