Overall activity: 49.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,882 Times in 2,448 Posts

Default Re: Quincy Jones new interview

Quote Originally Posted by ShipOfFools View Post
    To be honest, I agree with Quincy. Quincy is a little nuts, but he's right. But every musician borrows random ideas now and then - I do it myself .
    Quincy never said that Michael borrowed random ideas. He straight up said that Michael stole a lot of songs.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to analogue For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 117
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks

To be honest, I agree with Quincy. Quincy is a little nuts, but he's right. But every musician borrows random ideas now and then - I do it myself - and Michael Jackson was addicted to plastic surgery. And it was drugs that killed him...no matter who administered it, the drugs killed Michael Jackson.

The worst thing he said in this interview was that Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles were talentless. And how Quincy kept on going on about how he can make a hit in his sleep. Maybe there is a reason why people don't hire him anymore to produce their records...he doesn't know what a hit is anymore. Dude's full of himself.

At least he didn't bring up the allegations. Quincy stepped around that, and I'm happy with that. And he never said Michael wasn't talented...he just said he wasn't completely original (and no musician, I don't care who it is, is...it's impossible to not repeat something someone else has done sometimes.)
    He worked with him for 3 albums, why he didn't made a finish for his work relation with Michael after Thriller for example if he care about his plastic surgery ?
    ( he didn't talked about the drugs )

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

For me, an ex producer talking about MJ plastic surgery is unprofessional.
    As I know Michael didn't ask him to shoot a videoclip with him.
    An album is recorded in Studio, in studio as I know they records voices and sounds not faces that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1nn5 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 91.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryVeteranThree Friends10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,168 Posts

To be honest, I agree with Quincy. Quincy is a little nuts, but he's right. But every musician borrows random ideas now and then - I do it myself - and Michael Jackson was addicted to plastic surgery. And it was drugs that killed him...no matter who administered it, the drugs killed Michael Jackson.
    You sound just as bad as this senile idiot.
    Rocking with Mike for 15+ years and more to come! THRILLER 2017!
    I tried to do the Thriller routine.. check it out! haha:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9fMLQWH1C0
    Thanks!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dam2040 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Bitter and twisted is how QJ sounds now. Very sad indeed. Speaking ill of someone who isn't here to defend themselves is pretty classless.

9. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cats-whiskas For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

All this is doing is make Quincy look like a fool. I hugely respect him for what he’s achieved in music and the working relationship he had with MJ, however his comments in recent years have at times been extremely distasteful.

MJ never claimed to have had surgery due to a “disease”. His disease was vitiligo which was completely unrelated to the plastic surgery he had. He’s becoming bitter, senile and probably losing the respect of a lot of people with his comments.

In this interview he trashed The Beatles and U2, claimed he briefly dated Ivanka Trump and in an interview not long ago he said he has girlfriends all over the world. Sounds like a bit of a dirty old man now too.

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dmehta For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

I just CAN'T with that man.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranCreated Blog entry10000 Experience Points

Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,208 Times in 1,139 Posts

But funny enough Quincy didn't want to talk about Bill Cosby. Shows what a punk b**** he is

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 1,496
    Overall activity: 64.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,895 Times in 1,841 Posts

I neither like that Quincy used to the word greedy, the thought of greed with someone that is so giving just doesn't reach my brain.. It does take a strong desire to wealth/power/status to reach NUMBER ONE though! and to be fair that is part of the definition of 'greedy'.

I am not defending what Quincy said, as you can read in my previous post what I think.. We do have to be fully aware that no one can have a drive to be number one and do it successfully with being on some level cunning.

Quincy really needs to thinking before he speaks - I get that he speaks what he feels, but thought in HOW it's said can make the worlds difference. and when you are dealing with Michael legacy, that effort is worthwhile.

Speaking of someone being cunning and slick comes off very different than 'greedy'
    **He lives forever within us**

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KOPV For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tess66 View Post
    He's losing his mind with age.
    The way he speaks about MJ, not just in this interview, but in others as well, is shameful, classless and uncalled for. They made great music together for a period of time, then they each went their own way doing different things. That's all Quincy needs to say.
    JMHO
    That's EXACTLY what I was thinking while reading the interview! He sounds as if he's gone senile and not knowing what he says anymore.

The worst thing he said in this interview was that Jimi Hendrix and The Beatles were talentless. And how Quincy kept on going on about how he can make a hit in his sleep. Maybe there is a reason why people don't hire him anymore to produce their records...he doesn't know what a hit is anymore. Dude's full of himself.

At least he didn't bring up the allegations. Quincy stepped around that, and I'm happy with that. And he never said Michael wasn't talented...he just said he wasn't completely original (and no musician, I don't care who it is, is...it's impossible to not repeat something someone else has done sometimes.)
    Quincy is not talking about 'borrowing' some ideas. He accuses Michael of stealing. And isn't that claim rather up to the composers of the songs mentioned? If they feel they've been betrayed, THEY should reach out to the estate or the courts and not Quincy who hasn't got anything to do with it (furthermore, he produced the songs, so shouldn't he be held responsible as well??)

And how can you claim Michael was addicted to surgery? Did you read the autopsy report? He could've had far more operations than he actually did. Having an addiction means that you can't stop. And Michael did stop, and pretty quickly.
    And even if he had been addicted, which he wasn't, what's that got to do with the professional relationship they had? It's none of Quincy's business to comment on that. That was Michael's private decistion an no one should question it, same as no one should judge you by the colour of your car or your hairstyle.

Quincy just overstepped the mark.
    I'm not saying all people should praise Michael.. of course you can say "well, I enjoyed this, but I didn't like that.." that's just normal. And I don't mind some of the stories people are telling like the ones from Brett Ratner or Chris Tucker. They only show that Michael was human. But throwing shade at someone you've worked with and been successful with for such a long time and claiming things without any proof is just bad behaviour.

He sounds like a senile man to me who lashes out because he think's it's cool.
    I liked Quincy and that's just something I never expected of him.
    Music, in the precision of its form and the mathematical tyranny of its laws, escapes into an eternity of abstraction and an absurd sublime that is everywhere and nowhere at once.
    - Stephen Fry

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to maja For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 173
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KOPV View Post
    I neither like that Quincy used to the word greedy, the thought of greed with someone that is so giving just doesn't reach my brain.. It does take a strong desire to wealth/power/status to reach NUMBER ONE though! and to be fair that is part of the definition of 'greedy'.

I am not defending what Quincy said, as you can read in my previous post what I think.. We do have to be fully aware that no one can have a drive to be number one and do it successfully with being on some level cunning.

Quincy really needs to thinking before he speaks - I get that he speaks what he feels, but thought in HOW it's said can make the worlds difference. and when you are dealing with Michael legacy, that effort is worthwhile.

Speaking of someone being cunning and slick comes off very different than 'greedy'
    I agree.
    All the really great stars (musicians, painters, athletes etc.) have to have that drive and motivation and 'greed' for success. I would rather say it's a hunger for success, not greed, though. You also have to be an egoist, in a way, to achieve those high goals. Because 99% just aren't good enough. But that isn't something bad if you're doing it for your own success and if you're doing it with no intention of harming anyone. And I think that's the 'greed' (hunger) Michael had. And that's nothing bad.

Greed, for me, has a negative connotation.
    And can you really imagine Michael stealing a bass hook so that he could make a great song? If Michael had heard something that great from someone else, he would've sat down, maybe with some anger and 'greed' in his chest, and he would've said to himself "well, if this artist can do it, I'm gonna do it even better". THAT was how he was. (Deliberatly) stealing from someone wasn't his style. He wanted to do it by himself. That's how he was himself and that's how he educated his children. Be the best at what you do.

So, there can be a good, useful hunger for something and there can be a greed for something. And Michael wasn't greedy in the way Quincy said he was.
    Music, in the precision of its form and the mathematical tyranny of its laws, escapes into an eternity of abstraction and an absurd sublime that is everywhere and nowhere at once.
    - Stephen Fry

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maja For This Useful Post:

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks

Bruce Swedien have to explain and comment what QJ said
    King of performing. No one will be like MJ.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1nn5 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,410 Times in 2,896 Posts

...had to post this one.

To Quincy:

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,410 Times in 2,896 Posts

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Paris78 For This Useful Post:

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 953
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Blog entryThree FriendsVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 716 Posts

First suing over royalties leeching $$$ and now this? Now he's a complete heel now.
    SUPPORTER/FAN of MICHAEL JACKSON & NARUHINA

27. The Following User Says Thank You to PoP For This Useful Post: